How Would You Have Written Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: How Would You Have Written Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Jord » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:11 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:43 am I don't have a problem with the whole "48 minutes" plot point because ultimately it is classic anime logic. Goku vs. Frieza was 5 minutes, the Cell Games was one morning, the Buu saga was like 2 days, the Future Trunks arc was a few days (less than a week), etc. It's just how anime works. These people move and fight at such extraordinary speed that the fights in-universe would be very short.
Those were the worst "5 minutes" in all of Dragon Ball. It dragged on and on and on. Just as how the TOP dragged on for far too long. The artificial time limit only makes it worse because the creators set up an expectation for the audience and don't follow through with it. A time limit is in excellent way to make a scene more exciting but if you don't follow through with it or stretch it out immensely, you're only insulting the audience's intelligence.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Jord wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:11 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:43 am I don't have a problem with the whole "48 minutes" plot point because ultimately it is classic anime logic. Goku vs. Frieza was 5 minutes, the Cell Games was one morning, the Buu saga was like 2 days, the Future Trunks arc was a few days (less than a week), etc. It's just how anime works. These people move and fight at such extraordinary speed that the fights in-universe would be very short.
Those were the worst "5 minutes" in all of Dragon Ball. It dragged on and on and on. Just as how the TOP dragged on for far too long. The artificial time limit only makes it worse because the creators set up an expectation for the audience and don't follow through with it. A time limit is in excellent way to make a scene more exciting but if you don't follow through with it or stretch it out immensely, you're only insulting the audience's intelligence.
I think the idea behind the 48 minute time limit was so that the writers could amaze the audience by basically showing that all of these fighters can fight near light speed, like how spectators being unable to see two opponents was a way to show the same thing throughout Dragon Ball.
The problem is too much is going on for there only to be a time passage of 48 minutes. It should have been twice that amount.
However, I don't think the TOP had too much unnecessary "drag". Considering how there were 80 fighters present in the tournament, they all needed to have seen some sort of action.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:10 pm

I mean, when you think about it, 48 minutes was already way too long. If Namek arc Goku and Frieza could fight at such extremely high speeds that their fight only lasts 5 minutes, then the ToP, with fighters that are so much faster than the Namek arc characters, should have lasted like 1/2 minutes...

There's also the theory that the Namek fight didn't actually last only 5 minutes, but since Frieza is an alien he doesn't think of minutes the way we do, or since Namek is not Earth time flows differently there... but I won't get into those theories, and just assume that the Goku vs. Frieza fight literally lasted 5 minutes.

You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. These people are so fast that their fights were only 5 minutes long by the time of mid-DBZ. So it's actually incredible that the ToP lasted so long.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:01 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:10 pm I mean, when you think about it, 48 minutes was already way too long. If Namek arc Goku and Frieza could fight at such extremely high speeds that their fight only lasts 5 minutes, then the ToP, with fighters that are so much faster than the Namek arc characters, should have lasted like 1/2 minutes...

There's also the theory that the Namek fight didn't actually last only 5 minutes, but since Frieza is an alien he doesn't think of minutes the way we do, or since Namek is not Earth time flows differently there... but I won't get into those theories, and just assume that the Goku vs. Frieza fight literally lasted 5 minutes.

You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. These people are so fast that their fights were only 5 minutes long by the time of mid-DBZ. So it's actually incredible that the ToP lasted so long.
My personal theory is that he was trying to fuck with Goku by putting the artificial time limit himself.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:35 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:01 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:10 pm I mean, when you think about it, 48 minutes was already way too long. If Namek arc Goku and Frieza could fight at such extremely high speeds that their fight only lasts 5 minutes, then the ToP, with fighters that are so much faster than the Namek arc characters, should have lasted like 1/2 minutes...

My personal theory is that he was trying to fuck with Goku by putting the artificial time limit himself.
It probably was only five minutes, considering it was much briefer in the manga. Same as the ToP, it probably was 48 minutes, although it really shouldn't be.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:18 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:07 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:57 pm Thank you, Matches Malone. For replying and even coming up with a far better version of Dragon Ball Super than all of the official versions that we had ever gotten so far.

I am sorry for not making it clear enough that I meant the entire Timeline of events that happened from the very beginning of the Dragon World itself to the very end of the Timeline of Dragon Ball Super would have been able to be changed to your very own liking.

Also, if you would like, I can show you my very own personal version of the Dragon Ball Super Timeline.
Not that hard to be honest. :lol:

I misunderstood. I'd keep the original manga as is, but I'll definitely add what I'd like from GT as well.

Sure. :thumbup:
And it sure isn't any harder to have been able to create an interquel worthy enough to have surpassed Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

It is really my very own fault for not having explained everything thoroughly enough. But thank you for going with my suggestion too.

Well, then. Here goes nothing.

When it was Time Immemorial, one of the four known Aspect Lords known as Aladjinn would have had infiltrated The Omni-King’s Palace before having tried to spend the rest of his very own existence in torturing the young and the inexperienced Omni-King, The Omni-King’s Bodyguard Attendant 1, The Omni-King’s Bodyguard Attendant 2, Grand Priest Soju, Grand Priestess Lady Mikoshin, and Angelic Attendant Lady Cus. (Also, please make note that I am giving some more information and backstory to certain characters and places than Dragon Ball Super ever had the balls to have done. Power Levels had been made too, but I will only include them if you would like me to include them.)

When it was 75,000,000 Years Before Age 760, one of the only two known Makaiōshins in existence known as Mechikabura would have invaded the Sacred World of the Kaioshin before having unknowingly avenged the completely and utterly senseless deaths of countless innocent souls by massacring Hakaishin Iwan, Lady Hakaishin Helles, Hakaishin Mosco, Hakaishin Quitela, Hakaishin Arak, Hakaishin Champa, Hakaishin Beerus, Hakaishin Liquiir, Hakaishin Sidra, Hakaishin Ramushi, Hakaishin Vermouth, and Hakaishin Gin.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 75,000,000 Years Before Age 760, Lady Chronoa would have headed into the Desolate Wasteland of the Dark Demon Realm before having put a stop to Makaiōshin Mechikabura, Démigra, Lady Putine, and Gravy from having finished planning to have taken Lady Chronoa's very own life by force, before stealing Tokitoki away from her very own cold, dead hands, and then, finally, securing part of their shared position of being Supreme Kai of Time by having agreed to have split the position evenly amongst themselves.

When it was 10,000,000 Years Before Age 760, Daikaioh, North Supreme Kai, South Supreme Kai, East Supreme Kai, and Lady West Supreme Kai would have went to Planet-Eater Moro’s Homeworld to not only have been able to put a stop to Planet-Eater Moro from consuming all of the souls of those of the living, but also even among those of the dead of his very own homeworld before then moving on in order to do the very exact same thing to the rest of all of existence.

When it was 5,000,000 Years Before Age 760, Daikaioh, North Supreme Kai, South Supreme Kai, East Supreme Kai, and Lady West Supreme Kai would have went to Planet Kaioshin in order to have done the entire known Universe yet another big favor by essentially ganging up on Madōshi Bibidi, Kid Buu (Base Form), Majin Hakaishin Iwan, Lady Majin Hakaishin Helles, Majin Hakaishin Mosco, Majin Hakaishin Quitela, Majin Hakaishin Arak, Majin Hakaishin Champa, Majin Hakaishin Beerus, Majin Hakaishin Liquiir, Majin Hakaishin Sidra, Majin Hakaishin Ramushi, Majin Hakaishin Vermouth, and Majin Hakaishin Gin when Madōshi Bibidi, Kid Buu (Base Form), Majin Hakaishin Iwan, Lady Majin Hakaishin Helles, Majin Hakaishin Mosco, Majin Hakaishin Quitela, Majin Hakaishin Arak, Majin Hakaishin Champa, Majin Hakaishin Beerus, Majin Hakaishin Liquiir, Majin Hakaishin Sidra, Majin Hakaishin Ramushi, Majin Hakaishin Vermouth, and Majin Hakaishin Gin would have tried to have destroyed the very first of so many other countless inhabited Planets.

When it was 20,000 Years Before Age 760, Pikkon (With Weights), North Kai, South Kai, Lady East Kai, and West Kai would have had arrived from the Otherworld in order to have went to Planet Hera Prime and given it their absolute all to have put a stop to Bojack (Base Form), Lady Zangya (Base Form), Kogu (Base Form), Bujin (Base Form), and Bido (Base Form) from setting up the events that would have led to the Race of Hera invading all of the known Celestial Bodies of the entire known Universe.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 20,000 Years Before Age 760, Zacian (Hero of Many Battles) and Zamazenta (Hero of Many Battles) would have left from their place of birth and went to the Kármán Line of the Planet Earth to have taken care of Eternatus just a little bit of time before when the Asteroid storing Eternatus even would have entered the Earth’s atmosphere.

When it was 10,000 Years Before Age 760, The Legendary Signer and Earthbound Immortal Red Nova would have had their colossal confrontation smack dab right in the very middle of the Nazca Desert.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 10,000 Years Before Age 760, right when The Legendary Signer had been able to emerge victorious against Earthbound Immortal Red Nova, Quetzalcoatl, Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Dragon, Lady Black Rose Dragon, Lady Ancient Fairy Dragon, Power Tool Dragon, and Black-Winged Dragon would have confronted Earthbound Immortal Ccapac Apu, Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua, Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu, Earthbound Immortal Uru, Earthbound Immortal Cusillu, Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua, and Earthbound Immortal Wiraqocha Rasca nearby where The Legendary Signer and Earthbound Immortal Red Nova had fought in the Nazca Desert.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 10,000 Years Before Age 760, right when Quetzalcoatl, Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Dragon, Lady Black Rose Dragon, Lady Ancient Fairy Dragon, Power Tool Dragon, and Black-Winged Dragon would have been able to stop Earthbound Immortal Ccapac Apu, Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua, Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu, Earthbound Immortal Uru, Earthbound Immortal Cusillu, Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua, and Earthbound Immortal Wiraqocha Rasca from freeing the rest of the hundreds, if not thousands of the other Gods of the Nazca Lines still lying dormant within the remaining Nazca Lines, The Duel Priestess would have been trying to stop the Netherworld King from trying to storm right into the Aerial Fortress Seibal in order to undo the countless seals keeping the Original Earthbound Immortal from unleashing an Armageddon beyond all of imagination.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 10,000 Years Before Age 760, right when The Duel Priestess would have been able to stop the Netherworld King, Xolotl, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Spark Dragon, Lady Black Rose Moonlight Dragon, Lady Ancient Pixie Dragon, Power Tool Mecha Dragon, and Blackfeather Darkrage Dragon would have been trying to force themselves right into the Netherworld in order to get to Netherworld Dragon, Netherworld Archfiend, Earthbound Servant Geo Gryphon, Earthbound Servant Geo Kraken, Earthbound Servant Geo Gremlin, Earthbound Servant Geo Gremlina, and Earthbound Servant Geo Grasha.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 10,000 Years Before Age 760, right when The Legendary Signer, The Duel Priestess, Quetzalcoatl, Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Dragon, Lady Black Rose Dragon, Lady Ancient Fairy Dragon, Power Tool Dragon, Black-Winged Dragon, Xolotl, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Spark Dragon, Lady Black Rose Moonlight Dragon, Lady Ancient Pixie Dragon, Power Tool Mecha Dragon, and Blackfeather Darkrage Dragon would have first met one another over what once was Ancient Atlantean Airspace, before Quetzalcoatl would have taken it upon himself to have destroyed the Netherworld, Romanesco, Madōshi Hoi, Phantom Majin Hirudegarn, Never-Miss Hit (Base Form), First Form Frost, Lady Kamin, Oren, Lady Towa, and Mira (Base Form) would have been thrown right out of the very exact same Wormhole Bardock, Lady Towa, and Mira (Base Form) had all previously used to travel from Planet Plant to Planet Saiya by Ancient Atlantean King Dartz, The Great Leviathan, Orichalcos Soldier, Orichalcos Gigas, Orichalcos Mirror Knight, Orichalcos Mirror Knightess, and Orichalcos Malevolence.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 10,000 Years Before Age 760, right when Aspect Lord Aladjinn would have spent so many countless millions of years of his very own life having had tortured The Omni-King, The Omni-King’s Bodyguard Attendant 1, The Omni-King’s Bodyguard Attendant 2, Grand Priest Soju, Grand Priestess Lady Mikoshin, and Angelic Attendant Lady Cus right until The Omni-King, The Omni-King’s Bodyguard Attendant 1, The Omni-King’s Bodyguard Attendant 2, Grand Priest Soju, Grand Priestess Lady Mikoshin, and Angelic Attendant Lady Cus would no longer have been able to endure Aspect Lord Aladjinn’s endless amounts of torture and would have had their very own beings erased from existence from Aspect Lord Aladjinn having absorbed their very own respective essences into himself until there was absolutely nothing left of The Omni-King, The Omni-King’s Bodyguard Attendant 1, The Omni-King’s Bodyguard Attendant 2, Grand Priest Soju, Grand Priestess Lady Mikoshin, and Angelic Attendant Lady Cus’ very own respective existences to speak of, Ancient Susanoomon would have went into the Ancient Digital World in order to stop Ancient Lucemon and Majcnavn the Dragonspawn from having instigated the very own war in-between the Digimon who had descended from Humans and the Digimon who had never descended from Humans.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 10,000 Years Before Age 760, right when Ancient Susanoomon would not have only been able to vivisect Ancient Lucemon: Larva and Drakoshin Majcnavn the Corrupted Dragonspawn, but also vivisect the very own cold black souls of Ancient Lucemon: Larva and Drakoshin Majcnavn the Corrupted Dragonspawn in order to have left Ancient Lucemon: Larva and Drakoshin Majcnavn the Corrupted Dragonspawn each in such a horribly pitiful state that Ancient Susanoomon would have been able to permanently sever Ancient Lucemon: Larva and Drakoshin Majcnavn the Corrupted Dragonspawn’s respective beings from ever receiving any kind of hope of salvation and even reincarnation, Ancient Susanoomon would have been forced to fight seriously for the very first time in his life in order to stop Aspect Lord Aladjinn from trying to invade the Ancient Digital World.

When it was 1,000 Years Before Age 760, right when it would have been exactly 9,000 years since The Legendary Signer, The Duel Priestess, Quetzalcoatl, Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Dragon, Lady Black Rose Dragon, Lady Ancient Fairy Dragon, Power Tool Dragon, Black-Winged Dragon, Xolotl, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Spark Dragon, Lady Black Rose Moonlight Dragon, Lady Ancient Pixie Dragon, Power Tool Mecha Dragon, and Blackfeather Darkrage Dragon would have been able to stop the rest of the forces of the Netherworld from possibly orchestrating anymore attacks, Yamoshi, Bardock, Draven, Lady Inyon, Lady Hanasia, Shallot, and Cabba would have met with one another for the very first time in their very own lives from each of them having shown up from all over Planet Saiya to have put a stop to Kanba, Giblet, Renso, Lady Caulifla, Lady Romaine, Lady Kale, and Lady Kefla not only from trying to cause the very own extinction of their very own people, but also trying to cause the complete and utter destruction of their very own ancestral homeworld.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 1,000 Years Before Age 760, right when Yamoshi, Bardock, Draven, Lady Inyon, Lady Hanasia, Shallot, and Cabba would have been able to defeat Kanba, Giblet, Renso, Lady Caulifla, Lady Romaine, Lady Kale, and Lady Kefla, an apparently already beaten and bloodied Lady Towa who looked like to be suffering not only from her very own debilitating injuries, but also from what looked like to be her going through the very own first signs of developing completely and utterly permanent amnesia, would have been seen being chased out from what looked like to be a dissipating Wormhole made right out of an Ancient Atlantean’s absolute worst nightmare by an also beaten and bloodied Romanesco, Madōshi Hoi, Phantom Majin Hirudegarn, Phantom Majin Hit (Base Form), Phantom Majin Frost, Lady Phantom Majin Kamin, and Phantom Majin Oren who not only tried to finish what Kanba, Giblet, Renso, Lady Caulifla, Lady Romaine, Lady Kale, and Lady Kefla tried to do, but also tried to avenge themselves and their very own prides by trying to snuff the very own lives right out of Yamoshi, Bardock, Draven, Lady Inyon, Lady Hanasia, Shallot, Cabba, and the amnesiac Lady Towa.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 1,000 Years Before Age 760, right when Yamoshi, Bardock, Draven, Lady Inyon, Lady Hanasia, Shallot, and Cabba would have met up for the very own first time in order to have stopped Kanba, Giblet, Renso, Lady Caulifla, Lady Romaine, Lady Kale, and Lady Kefla from fulfilling Romanesco’s very own desire to have caused the deaths of everyone and everything on Planet Saiya, Romanesco, Madōshi Hoi, Phantom Majin Hirudegarn, Never-Miss Hit (Base Form), First Form Frost, Lady Kamin, and Oren would have been heading to Yamoshi, Bardock, Draven, Lady Inyon, Lady Hanasia, Shallot, Cabba, Kanba, Giblet, Renso, Lady Caulifla, Lady Romaine, Lady Kale, and Lady Kefla’s location, but would have immediately stopped themselves and headed to the Kármán Line of the Planet Saiya upon having detected and then intercepted Lady Towa and Mira (Base Form).

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 1,000 Years Before Age 760, right when Planet Konats’ Kami, Tapion, and Minotia would have banded together in order for them to have preserved the very own existence of their very own race on Planet Konats by slaying the very own last of the Makaiōshins known as Zamasu not too long after Makaiōshin Zamasu would have been able to have found out about the very own ‎Konatsian race as a whole having descended from the very own Supreme Kais of the Seventh Universe themselves of an untold number of Ages long since passed.

When it was just a little bit less than exactly 1,000 Years Before Age 760, right when Planet Konats’ Kami, Tapion, and Minotia would have sent Makaiōshin Zamasu to the Otherworld, Makaiōshin Zamasu in his form of an Angel would have been able to have used a more useful version of Instantaneous Movement known as Wicked Transmission to have left what was basically the Afterlife and allow him to make his way back to where he had been killed, but the inhabitants of the Planet Konats who had been a bit ostracized for being a little Demonic in nature would have used their proficient knowledge over the Arts of Dark Magic in order to have instantly transformed themselves into the religious group of Dark Warlocks known as the Kashvar as their act of meddling with Mother Nature would have caught the complete attention of Planet Konats’ Kami, Tapion, Minotia, and Makaiōshin Zamasu (Angel) just before Planet Konats’ Kami, Tapion, Minotia, and Makaiōshin Zamasu (Angel) would have had been able to duel.

When it was 499 Years Before Age 760, right when Katas (With Weights), Guru (With Weights), Katanaji (With Weights), and Ottavino (With Weights) would have been forced to rid Planet Namek and the rest of the Dragon World of Snale (With Weights), Saonel (With Weights), and Pirina (With Weights) before Snale (With Weights), Saonel (With Weights), and Pirina (With Weights) would have been able to cause a Namekian genocide of biblical proportions.

When it was 499 Years Before Age 760, right when Ancient Greymon, Lady Ancient Mermaidmon, Ancient Volcanomon, Lady Ancient Kazemon, Ancient Troiamon, Ancient Megatheriummon, Ancient Garurumon, Ancient Sphinxmon, Ancient Beetlemon, and Ancient Wisemon would have arrived from the Ancient Digital World to have tried to stop Ancient Nyokimon’s Digi-Egg from turning Planet Eros and the rest of the very own Galaxy that Planet Eros was a part of into data to feed off of.

When it was 329 Years Before Age 760, right when it would have been countless centuries since Super Saiyan: 2.7X Kaioken Jacob Bloodriver, Super Saiyan: 2.7X Kaioken Lady Akisha Bloodriver, Quetzalcoatl, Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Dragon, Lady Black Rose Dragon, Lady Ancient Fairy Dragon, Power Tool Dragon, Black-Winged Dragon, Xolotl, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Spark Dragon, Lady Black Rose Moonlight Dragon, Lady Ancient Pixie Dragon, Power Tool Mecha Dragon, and Blackfeather Darkrage Dragon had, slowly but surely, been able to have won against Demonic Super Saiyan Romanesco, Madōshi Hoi, Phantom Majin Hirudegarn, Phantom Majin Hit (Base Form), Phantom Majin Frost, Lady Phantom Majin Kamin, Phantom Majin Oren, Lady Towa, Demonic Super Saiyan Mira, Demonic Super Saiyan Darek Bloodriver, The Great Leviathan, Orichalcos Soldier, Orichalcos Gigas, Orichalcos Mirror Knight, Orichalcos Mirror Knightess, and Orichalcos Malevolence, Grand Elder Katas (With Weights), Grand Elder Guru (With Weights), Grand Elder Katanaji (With Weights), and Grand Elder Ottavino (With Weights) would have made it their mission to have traveled from Planet Namek to the distant Makyo Star in order to have saved the Planet Earth a lot of trouble in the near future by having left Garlic, Garlic Junior’s Mother, Ginger, Jasmine, Nicky, Herb, Sansho, Cinnamon, Mustard, Salt, Spice, and Vinegar as nothing more than blast shadows.

When it was 299 Years Before Age 760, right when it would have been 30 years since Grand Elder Katas (With Weights), Grand Elder Guru (With Weights), Grand Elder Katanaji (With Weights), and Grand Elder Ottavino (With Weights) would have defeated Super Makyan Garlic, Super Makyan Garlic Junior’s Mother, Super Makyan Ginger, Super Makyan Jasmine, Super Makyan Nicky, Super Makyan Herb, Super Makyan Sansho, Super Makyan Cinnamon, Super Makyan Mustard, Super Makyan Salt, Super Makyan Spice, and Super Makyan Vinegar...and this is where I have to stop because of the fact that I am contemplating if to have Piccolo Daimaō make an appearance or not, as well as the fact that I would be contemplating if to have the very exact same Saiyans that had left Planet Saiya with the help of a Spaceship to have left just like in canon and make their way to Planet Plant.

Like for an example, I can have Piccolo Daimaō be born from Katanaji expelling what little evil he had left in his heart and I can have the very exact same Saiyans that had left Planet Saiya in canon to have left Planet Saiya in this Alternate Timeline from those said Saiyans having thought that their homeworld was going to be destroyed from all of the fighting taking place in-between Yamoshi and his friends and all of the villains and villainesses that had gathered on Planet Saiya.

DBPirate

Post by DBPirate » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:07 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:32 am I will never understand why some people are disappointed that Goku Black was Zamasu.

Like, that's what makes him unique in the first place. If he was just a version of Goku manipulated by Zamasu, he'd literally be a Turles clone. Just another bloodthirsty lower class Saiyan. But since he's an actual Supreme Kai in a Saiyan body, he has the mannerism, beauty, and elegance of the Gods, coupled with the Saiyans' lust for battle, which makes him very unique.

Plus it's supposed to lead to the karma for Zamasu. Merging with Goku's body gave Zamasu endless power, but it also disrupted the balance between his immortal soul and mortal body, which ultimately led to his defeat. You could say that he made a slight miscalculation, but oh well.

I also can't imagine having the Zamasu arc without Future Trunks, as his meddling with time is one of the main reasons why Zamasu hates mortals, and it ties perfectly into the events of Z. Trunks is presented as a hero, but at the same time he literally shattered the time-space continuum, which adds a moral dilemma and nuances in the story. Which is exactly what Toriyama wanted to achieve with the character of Zamasu.
I absolutely agree with you. Making Goku Black Zamasu was the most interesting they could have done with the character. The inclusion of Trunks is great too for the reasons you mentioned.

Regarding the thread topic, the only thing that I would have changed about Super's plot would be that I would have introduced Super Saiyan Blue in the Goku Black arc as a counter or reaction to Rosé.
Favorite sagas: Tien Shinhan (DB), Frieza (Z), Future Trunks (Super)
Favorite characters: Frieza, Future Trunks, Beerus, Android 17, Zamasu, Gohan

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:38 pm

Beerus is here to actually destroy Earth since the start, not to find that forced SSGod that was pulled out on convenience and no one knew before while the lore seemd accessible. No, goodbye the dream and prophecy and whatever.
So they try to satisfy him and, by failing, Goku have to fight.
Beerus is somehow annoyed by such easy fight and tell Whis to train Goku. By training, he become SSJGod.

RoF is gone, no need for that.

ANYWAY, If I can introduce something, it could have been thematic and proficient to introduce new kind of godlings training Z Fighters, so you have more characters to play with.

Moving between universes should have been done thru a kinda "central station". The way it is now seems they are just galaxies of the same universe.
In the Tournbament of Gods, remove entirely the concept of "parallel planets", it got no sense at all. They should have competed for something different. Like who own the right to express a wish on Super Dragon Balls.

Zamasu arc was perfect if only they didn't allowed go back and forth timelines. I should also introduce a kinda "big red button" that deplete ningen, as it's absolutely impossible that Zamasu depleted all sentient life in all universes and NO ONE did something about. Like, who knows, a kinda "artifact" that blast everything and only Zamasu could have reached.
Also, some more episodes to actively explain stuff and indepth stuff.

ToP... oh, well, a lot.
Since the premise. Erasing Universes is silly. While a formal challenge between God of Destructions, all 12 of them, could have been nice. This time Zeno decide for a fighting challenge after watching the first God Tournament. And everything staged to give the winning GoD a small benefit. Obviously Beerus menace to destroy Earth if they lose.
Also, a small arc to find other people across the universe could have been interesting. Anyway, thank to the previous mentioned boost, the team should have been: Yamcha - Crillin - Tien - Piccolo - Gohan - Vegeta - Goku - Frieza - Android 17 - Buu. A total "recap" of DB.

Moro.
Moro arc isn't bad... is just fluff. To the point of being 'transparent'. I'll probably made Moro a kind of more consistent menace, like "the moment he does feed the 1000th time the Universes implode" and have some trick to make him immune to godly intervention (or being, why not, a godly product gone bad, like a previous version of an hakaishin!).

And that's all. Probably the worst general thing is the world building escalation.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:52 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:07 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:57 pm Thank you, Matches Malone. For replying and even coming up with a far better version of Dragon Ball Super than all of the official versions that we had ever gotten so far.

I am sorry for not making it clear enough that I meant the entire Timeline of events that happened from the very beginning of the Dragon World itself to the very end of the Timeline of Dragon Ball Super would have been able to be changed to your very own liking.

Also, if you would like, I can show you my very own personal version of the Dragon Ball Super Timeline.
Not that hard to be honest. :lol:

I misunderstood. I'd keep the original manga as is, but I'll definitely add what I'd like from GT as well.

Sure. :thumbup:
Matches Malone, have you been far too busy to respond to what I had sent you?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:30 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:52 pmMatches Malone, have you been far too busy to respond to what I had sent you?
Yeah unfortunately. I'll give it a read once I have a bit more time on my hands. :oops:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:05 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:30 am
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:52 pmMatches Malone, have you been far too busy to respond to what I had sent you?
Yeah unfortunately. I'll give it a read once I have a bit more time on my hands. :oops:
Okay, then. But I would like to see the rest of your version of the Dragon World Timeline too when you would be willing to finish it.