Is [SPOILER] Really Dead/Gone???

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Is [SPOILER] Really Dead/Gone???

Post by theherodjl » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:42 am

I find it quite odd that Moro's mortality became connected to 7-3's little head-jewel upon eating him. Was that intentional on the part of Moro or was it just the consequence of wolfing an Android down his gullet? Since he fused himself into the Earth, shouldn't Moro still be alive anyways since he merged with the planet and that his form was no longer reliant on his old body or 7-3's?
I just get the nagging suspicion that Moro is hiding somewhere. If not in 7-3 still, perhaps in the Earth somewhere?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Is Moro Really Dead/Gone???

Post by Psajdak » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:00 am

He will come back, most likely.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:06 pm

It wasn't the jewel that was actually keeping him alive. Remember he was more or less fine after Merus destroyed all of them - he just lost the abilities he and 7-3 copied and had no way to copy more.

The point was that Moro's body couldn't possibly contain an angel's power, and said power was being kept in the jewel that now rested on his forehead. Destroying the gem did nothing to Moro, it just released Merus' essence. What "killed" Moro was the aftermath, the angelic essence escaping Moro's body in a rather explosive way.

I honestly doubt that Moro's alive, since he doesn't have any regenerative abilities and 7-3, who has, survived without him.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:18 pm

If I remember correctly, a blob (or something like that) glued itself with 7-3's head in the last chapter. Based on this, I won't be surprised if Moro is still alive.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 pm

Dead? Yes.

Gone? ...We'll see.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:51 pm

I doubt that Moro is still alive, I think it's just 7-3
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:56 pm

No. He's inside the robot.

The robot will gradually become more goat-like over the course of this next arc. Metal Moro will join Zeno's next martial arts tournament on Champa's team, in order to kill Son Goku. He will accidentally learn that Fighting Is Fun, and will instead Have Fun Fighting Goku, by whom he is defeated once again. He will become Vados' student, so that he can get stronger.

How can a robot get stronger? Magic.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Zephyr wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:56 pm No. He's inside the robot.

The robot will gradually become more goat-like over the course of this next arc. Metal Moro will join Zeno's next martial arts tournament on Champa's team, in order to kill Son Goku. He will accidentally learn that Fighting Is Fun, and will instead Have Fun Fighting Goku, by whom he is defeated once again. He will become Vados' student, so that he can get stronger.

How can a robot get stronger? Magic.
Why do I have the ominous feeling that this will actually happen LOL. I mean, when you think about it, almost every antagonist of Super ended up becoming a "fighting buddy" for Goku, one way or another. Beerus (whom the Oracle Fish predicted a rematch with Goku), Hit, Jiren, Broly, even Frieza technically filled that role in the Tournament of Power arc. The only two exceptions are Zamasu and Moro, but it's safe to say that Zamasu will never have a friendly spar with Goku (since that's what drove him insane in the first place haha), plus he's allegedly erased from existence anyway, which leaves Moro as the other exception.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:24 pm

He might have 'hidden' his Ki-essence inside the remains of the robot with his magic, so he could 'escape' unnoticed.
Maybe a little far fetched but not entirely impossible.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:49 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 pm Dead? Yes.

Gone? ...We'll see.
I dunno. Moro did brag about having a variety of abilities...perhaps even survival through another's body(7-3).

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:53 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:49 pm
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 pm Dead? Yes.

Gone? ...We'll see.
I dunno. Moro did brag about having a variety of abilities...perhaps even survival through another's body(7-3).
That wouldn't make him less dead now in the most literal sense, which is what I was getting at - a solution of this kind would just give him an unnatural pseudo-afterlife (i.e., he's not 'gone'). But like I said, we'll see about that.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:12 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:53 pmThat wouldn't make him less dead now in the most literal sense, which is what I was getting at - a solution of this kind would just give him an unnatural pseudo-afterlife (i.e., he's not 'gone'). But like I said, we'll see about that.
"Dead" in DB means going to Enma's Palace and being judged to Heaven or Hell which is not something that has been seen or mentioned yet in Moro's case. Moro might possibly be in some kind of physically-crippled state...but he's not dead.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:23 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:12 pm"Dead" in DB means going to Enma's Palace and being judged to Heaven or Hell which is not something that has been seen or mentioned yet in Moro's case.
Piccolo Daimao is dead, but his soul never went to Enma's but rather straight to his progeny. There's more than one way of dying in Dragon Ball, and having died doesn't necessarily mean being gone. In any case, we'll see.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:02 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:23 pmPiccolo Daimao is dead, but his soul never went to Enma's but rather straight to his progeny. There's more than one way of dying in Dragon Ball, and having died doesn't necessarily mean being gone. In any case, we'll see.
Daimao's not actually dead, just changed into a new form as "Ma Junior". Had Daimao died, Kami would've ceased to live. Moro on the other hand, has yet to be spoken of as changed in the same vein as Piccolo, let alone confirmed to be truly dead by Enma.
Dying in DB is pretty well-defined and there hasn't been any confirmed case of some other kind of existence other then "alive" or "dead". If you're alive, you're in the living world. If you're dead, you're in Heaven or Hell.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:12 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:02 pmDaimao's not actually dead, just changed into a new form as "Ma Junior".
The new Piccolo is quite clearly defined as the Daimao's reincarnation, which necessitates a death - they share a (transmigrated) soul, which is why Kami-Sama didn't die. The new Piccolo is as much not the Daimao as he is the Daimao. Who did, in fact, die - even Gohan knows "you died and came back" (DB #211).

In any case, I'm not sure how this exchange manages to establish anything much about Moro - the fact that you haven't seen his soul end up anywhere doesn't mean anything yet; that's true for a bunch of Dragon Ball villains who are very much dead. But there are also a bunch of different potentialities for some sort of after-life comeback or 'survival' that nevertheless doesn't negate the idea that Moro has died. I don't see why that should be particularly contentious.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:53 pm

Hopefully dead and gone.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is [SPOILER] Really Dead/Gone???

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:00 pm

I hope so. Merus being alive is already disappointing enough.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:01 pm

(The "Blob" is not a single "blob", you can see many and are the parts of 7-3 that rejoin and begin the regeneration, so NO Moro).

I hope Moro is totally erased to the very atomic level and conceptually forgotten by everyone, like we all go to a clinic and such neurons that keep Moro memory get removed, or someone come with a time machine and pour ink on the early design, bring Toyo-yama to a maid coffee and they forgot about him.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:13 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:00 pmMerus being alive is already disappointing enough.
Why? Merus is a good character - in fact, one of the better things about the arc as a whole - who deserves better than to simply not exist. Why should it be disappointing that he gets a happy ending?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:02 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:13 pm Why? Merus is a good character - in fact, one of the better things about the arc as a whole - who deserves better than to simply not exist. Why should it be disappointing that he gets a happy ending?
Toyotaro really tried hard to make Merus look cool, but I still don't care about him.

In a franchise where almost all good guys get a happy ending, a new and less popular character like him could easily stay dead. I'm also not seeing what he can offer to the plot in the future.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.