Is CSSJB & Goku's Strained SSJB State Just SSJ2 & SSJ3 Applied To SSJB?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Is CSSJB & Goku's Strained SSJB State Just SSJ2 & SSJ3 Applied To SSJB?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:53 am

Despite all the fanart out there of a hypothetical SSJB2 & SSJB3 and some part of the fandom wanting to see them, hasn't the manga technically explored that already with CSSJB and Goku's forced SSJB power-up at the ToP? They're both stronger forms of SSJB that have been rendered obsolete much like SSJ2 & SSJ3 so isn't that what they were essentially made to be?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is CSSJB & Goku's Strained SSJB State Just SSJ2 & SSJ3 Applied To SSJB?

Post by Cipher » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:55 am

Blue has strayed fairly far from (and basically immediately after) its original conception in "F" as simply being Super Saiyan + experience with godly ki.

As more of a distinct, fifth Saiyan transformation, it isn't clear that the logic holds for it having the same developments as the original Super Saiyan. From a meta-perspective, I also don't see that being a route Toriyama would want to go down, given that one of his goals with the new forms of Super (from God through Ultra Instict) seems to have been a streamlining and simplification of designs.

A significant throughline of the first three storylines of the Super manga is Goku and Vegeta working to make Blue more usable, and all developments along those lines seem to have been unique to it, even if there are some echoes of training to a level of comfort with the original Super Saiyan, what Trunks does with Super Saiyan 2 (also in Super), and Goku's never-solved problems with 3.

I suppose Vegeta's new Blue form might be the closest parallel it has to an "SS2." Perfected/completed Blue is just the last step in getting full use out of the form, and Goku's forced energy-increase is in error.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:31 am

Perfected SSJ Blue = Mastered Super Saiyan (from the Cell Games.)

SSJ Blue Evolution = Super Saiyan 2 (from the Cell Games.)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:24 pm

No, Perfect Blue is like FPSS from the Cell Games, the same form only more efficient.
Goku used Kaioken with Perfect Blue, the same principles and results but with a blue aura.

In the anime, Vegeta used something like the grade forms vs 2nd form Cell, in the manga I guess it could be seen like SS2, the gains seem pretty big (bigger than Goku's kaioken)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:14 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:53 am Despite all the fanart out there of a hypothetical SSJB2 & SSJB3 and some part of the fandom wanting to see them, hasn't the manga technically explored that already with CSSJB and Goku's forced SSJB power-up at the ToP? They're both stronger forms of SSJB that have been rendered obsolete much like SSJ2 & SSJ3 so isn't that what they were essentially made to be?
When Perfected Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku was fighting against Jiren in the Dragon Ball Super Manga, Perfected Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku was trying to push his power to even greater heights through sheer willpower alone.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:55 pm

In actuality, "Perfected Super Saiyan Blue" is just "Blue" fighting "continuously" at full power. Which is just Blue finally being "completed."

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:44 pm

cSSB is just SSB without the power waste. I think it would be better to name the imperfect form instead of the completed one (like with MnG), specially since, since the arc of perfecting the form is over, "SSB" refers to cSSB anyways (in-universe and most of the time irl). I know its imperfection was established after the conception of the form, but in the manga was there from the start, and "cSSB" is used just descriptively and not really as a proper name.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm

“CSSB” is just SSB, but perfected. “Strained” SSB is SSB combined with kaioken. SSBE is the next step beyond SSB, so it could be also named SSB2.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:48 pm

Blue is super saiyan with divine ki.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:59 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm “CSSB” is just SSB, but perfected. “Strained” SSB is SSB combined with kaioken. SSBE is the next step beyond SSB, so it could be also named SSB2.
I wouldn't call it Super Saiyan Blue 2. It's just a mutation. Just like Super Saiyan Rage is for Trunks or Legendary Super Saiyan for Broly.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:43 am

Peach wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:59 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm “CSSB” is just SSB, but perfected. “Strained” SSB is SSB combined with kaioken. SSBE is the next step beyond SSB, so it could be also named SSB2.
I wouldn't call it Super Saiyan Blue 2. It's just a mutation. Just like Super Saiyan Rage is for Trunks or Legendary Super Saiyan for Broly.
Technically all the forms are mutations. Trunks and Broly just developed different branches. SS2 for example didn’t have this name until Goku nominated it in the chapter he shows SS3.