Should Cooler come back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Should Cooler come back?

Post by Peach » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:55 am

With Frieza alive again, i can't help but think it's the perfect opportunity to bring back Cooler. We never got a chance to see Frieza interact with his brother before.
Last edited by Peach on Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Should Cooler to come back?

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:02 am

No (unless he's brought straight from his movies). Janemba should. He has more to offer.

But Kuriza's okay. The interactions and situations would be more interesting. Along with Chilled for more information on Freeza's race.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gogeta SSJ Blue
Beyond Newbie

Re: Should Cooler come back?

Post by Gogeta SSJ Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:28 pm

Not on my opinion.

I prefer to have new villains instead of bringing back the past ones.

I guess that Frieza is already more than enough!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:37 pm

What was ever Coola's niche or characterization besides being a second Freeza they could make use of for films? Why is he necessary?

PowerLevel Science

Post by PowerLevel Science » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Look for Snow now...
Programmer, scientist, writer and journalist. English is not my first language.

Ultimate power levels list (2007 - 2022):

Power levels studied since 2007.

Chronology: coming soon.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Cipher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:37 pm What was ever Coola's niche or characterization besides being a second Freeza they could make use of for films? Why is he necessary?
Cooler’s whole thing (at least in Movie 5) is that he’s a stronger and less effeminate version of Freeza. It’s admittedly not the most compelling concept for a villain, but if they ever bring him into the series proper, I think there’s potential to make him more interesting and fleshed out.

I’ve said this a couple of times before, but they could establish that Cooler resents his little brother, because Freeza was born with incredible power, and managed to inherit their father’s empire, while Cooler was banished for being weak, and was forced to undergo extensive training in order to become strong. Basically, instead of Cooler being Freeza’s big bad older brother, he can be someone with an inferiority complex who wants to kill Freeza in order to prove that he’s worthy of his family’s legacy.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:44 pm

Yeah, to See Frieza + Cooler fusion.

-Take this Potara bro!
-Wait a moment... we don't have EARS!
-Wtf... they never thought about that?
-I know, wait, we can do the fusion dance.
-How tails should be arranged?
**FLASH**
-I'm Friller, the Super... "something" (how my specie is called?) (is called "Frieza") (Yeah, like "He man", 'cause is a man...)... Friller the SuperFrieza!
**Get bashed**
-Muoooh, now my Golden Experience Friller SuperFriez... !POP!-
-Hey, what happened!?
-Too much shouting and killing promises, fusion expired
-That's mean I must die AGAIN?
-Is not so bad, it happened three times to me.
-When we're back we'll go bully Frost.
-Hahahah, Frost, what a loser. You know, he does own a Yamcha poster. And a pink WonderSwan.
-Bye bro.
-C U
*KABOOM*
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:14 pm

If they do, he will probably be a good guy. I can't see him working as a villain other than he is Freeza's lost older brother and he is 10X stronger than him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:01 am

Should they ? no. Will they ? without question yes. Broly becoming canon, as well as resulting in by far the highest grossing movie int he franchise ensures that he's by far not the last one to become canon.
Cipher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:37 pmWhat was ever Coola's niche or characterization besides being a second Freeza they could make use of for films? Why is he necessary?
He's a Cooler Freeza, what more do you need ? 8)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 am

Hell, Coola forcing Freeza out of his empire and forcing Freeza to take up with Capsule Corp for a while would be hilarious. 😆
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:35 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 am Hell, Coola forcing Freeza out of his empire and forcing Freeza to take up with Capsule Corp for a while would be hilarious. 😆
The sad thing is, Goku and his friends would welcome him with open arms.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:52 am

What can they do with Coola without him being a copy & paste version of his DBZ movie counter parts. Toriyama rewrote Broly as a good guy because it was the only way not to repeat DBZ Movie 8 all over again.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:58 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:52 am What can they do with Coola without him being a copy & paste version of his DBZ movie counter parts. Toriyama rewrote Broly as a good guy because it was the only way not to repeat DBZ Movie 8 all over again.
Make him a good guy trying to reform the Freeza Empire but Freeza tricks Gokuu and the others into killing him by lying about his real goals.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:32 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:52 am What can they do with Coola without him being a copy & paste version of his DBZ movie counter parts. Toriyama rewrote Broly as a good guy because it was the only way not to repeat DBZ Movie 8 all over again.
They could have Cooler interact with Frieza for starters. Who doesn't like family drama or political drama?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:39 am

A villainous family would be nice to see in DB.

Seeing Freeza and Cooler banter, bicker and betray each other would be very entertaining IMO.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:26 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:39 am A villainous family would be nice to see in DB.
There's the Heeter family, and despite the latest chapter showing them in good light, I still think power will get to their head eventually.

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:12 am

Yes I'd love to know why he has never mentioned before, maybe a different take on the vegeta/tarble dynamic. Plus it would be great to have some insight on Freeza's family. We basically know nothing about King cold or how the empire operates.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:27 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:35 amThe sad thing is, Goku and his friends would welcome him with open arms.
I can believe that Goku would since he's so incredibly naive...but everyone else??? They were thinking that Goku was insane just for considering having Freeza join their team for a 48 min tournament, let alone living on the same planet as them. I highly doubt Bulma(and especially Vegeta) would let Freeza reside anywhere near Capsule Corp given that Freeza has killed all of their loved ones before. It'd be like inviting a venomous reptile to live in your home, where you sleep.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:06 am

I don’t think he should come back/get the Broly canonization treatment. But I wouldn’t mind it if they actually introduced Cooler in Super. Apart from Broly I think he is the only movie villain which could probably work well without feeling forced.

We know very little about Freeza’s clan. Though if Cooler came back as just yet another Freeza-clone like Frost I don’t see how he could add anything noteworthy to the story. In general I would prefer it if they introduced new characters.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:38 pm

I prefer the original character- and world building route the story is taking now.