The Tournament of Power U7 Team in Trunks' Timeline

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuji
Advanced Regular

The Tournament of Power U7 Team in Trunks' Timeline

Post by Yuji » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:41 pm

The Tournament of Power would likely never happen in Trunks' timeline, considering the U6 invitational tournament never happened to excite the Omni-King about martial arts, and the second Omni-King doesn't exist to remind the first of his promise to uphold a new tournament. But suppose the Omni-King or the Grand Priest come up with the Tournament of Power idea independently and decide to hold it following the same rules as the one in the main timeline. How would Team U7 look like?

Trunks, of course, would be a given, maybe even the two that now reside within the same timeline. From the fighters left on Earth, he'd have to pick from (presumably) Kame-sennin, Yajirobe, #8, Karin, Mr. Popo, perhaps Bora and Upa. The likes of Tsuru-sennin and Tao Pai Pai could still be alive. Weaker Tenkaichi Budokai participants such as Spopovich, Yamu, Panputt, Giran Mr. Satan and Videl are options, as well as some of the stronger ones such as Chappa and Namu. Baba's fighters could be useful, considering the invisible man's and Akkuman's powers. Elsewhere, Penguin Village's inhabitants would be powerhouses if they still share the same world. Mai and Chi-Chi could be considered, as well. There are a lot of options but all of the Earthlings feel underwhelming compared to the scale of the Tournament of Power, besides #16 who should still be lying somewhere in Gero's laboratory, but the question is if Trunks can find him (and if he's willing to work together with an artificial human)? We don't know what Shin (remember that in the new timeline he was saved by Whis and Beerus) did with Boo's cocoon, but presumably it was left on Earth or taken with Shin to the Kaioshin Realm. Either way, Boo should be readily accessible if they choose to use him as an option.

Thanks to the last few arcs, we know the universe outside of Earth is still a lively place. Broly is still alive, as well as Paragus and other members of the Freeza force such as Tagoma and Shisami. The Heeters, as well as Granolah and Sushiru, are conducting their own business. Goichi should still presumably be building his army of OG soldiers while OG73-I is stuck in the Galactic Prison, alongside Saganbo and the others. While Moro was about to die in the main timeline, since he functions on a billion-year timescale, it is still feasible he may be alive in the future considering it only takes place a decade after the events of the main timeline. The Galactic Patrolmen like Jaco can also play apart, although Merus would be excluded since he still has his Angel status. It is also possible Pui Pui and Yakon were also never used by Babidi against Trunks and Shin. Finally, in a more abstract thought, planets like Namek and Yardrat could yield strong fighters.

In a desperate attempt, Whis and Shin could also locate planet Namek and revive someone, or alternatively ask Baba to revive one or multiple people for one day. This could enable one the original members of the Dragon Team to come back, such as Gohan, Vegeta or Goku, or perhaps one of the villains, such as #17, #18, Freeza, Cold, Dabra or Cell.

What would be your 10 picks for Trunks' Tournament of Power, and how would they fare in the ToP assuming the other teams stay the same?
Last edited by Yuji on Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: Team Universe 7 in Trunks' timeline

Post by Yuji » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:33 am

I honestly thought this thread would get more traction considering I haven't seen the possibility brought up before, and the future timeline is a lot less predictable in how a team could be formed for such a tournament, but alas. I will provide my own team for the Tournament of Power and then perhaps we can get this thread going.

Trunks: The idea of two Trunks fighting on the same team could work, since it's wacky enough for Dragon Ball, but I'd rather go with just one to give the team a bit more variety. This would be the Trunks we have followed so far (as to why the other Trunks doesn't fight, maybe Trunks 1 never meets Trunks 2 because he wants him to live a peaceful life, or maybe the two Trunks fused permanently somehow [also wacky enough for Dragon Ball]? Or the time patrol gets integrated into the main continuity and one of the Trunks is abducted by Chronoa). Depending on how much time given for preparation, Trunks could train and get stronger; of course, he wouldn't be able to use his sword, but he has enough experience in hand-to-hand combat.

Yajirobe: Trunks and the Gods would likely begin scouting for fighters on Earth. They would come across the strongest fighters presumably still left such as Tao (maybe), Kame-sennin and Mr. Popo. Yajirobe, however, should be the strongest fighter left (outside of the likes of Kame-sennin, assuming he has kept up his training, but since he fought in the main timeline, I pick Yajirobe over him). If Toriyama penned this story, I could see Yajirobe outlasting everyone, hiding in the debris and getting some cheap shots in when everyone is exhausted, much like he did in the Saiyan arc.

Artificial Human #16: It's a bit uncertain how they could find artificial human #16 in the future timeline considering everyone who could know Dr. Gero has died, but perhaps Whis used his abilities to locate strong fighters and they came across him. #16 has always been somewhat of a fan-favorite, and since he was underutilized in the original story, he could perhaps be re imagined in this alternative take of events. Trunks perhaps at first may be apprehensive about recruiting #16 but he'd come around once he had remembered how the main timeline #16 was. I'm unsure what kind of arc #16 could have, perhaps he could have some sort of existential crisis based on the idea that he's an artificial being modeled after a real person? Though the main #16 hardly cared about anything similar... FighterZ re-appropriated the character and gave him an arc revolving around his struggle for identity as a copy/backup of the original #16. No doubt the character could be written interestingly, there are no lack of stories regarding artificial beings gaining humanity to borrow from.

Broly: Exhausting the good options on Earth, the Gods would have to scout the rest of the universe for fighters. Since the future timeline takes place 17 years after the events of the main timeline, Broly would be in his 60s, still in his prime, but Paragus would perhaps be dead by this point. With no Freeza force, Broly would still be stuck in Vampa, where he would be scouted by Whis (perhaps in this alternative version of the future timeline, Broly had already been recruited for an alternative version of the U6 tournament, giving him some degree of familiarity with Trunks). Perhaps he had transformed into Super Saiyan if Paragus were to have died, but it's unlikely he'd have any control over the form (this is, if he even survived his own rampage). Nevertheless, Trunks probably would have no qualms working together with Broly considering his innocent nature, and he would prove a powerhouse in the ToP capable of standing up to the likes of Toppo and Jiren.

Granolah: We have yet to see what Granolah is capable of, so it may a bit premature to place him on a team like this, but Granolah so far has shown remarkable prowess in stealth, cunning and precision. A capable, tactical fighter would be a welcome addition to such a chaotic setting. He's no slouch in terms of power either, being able to overpower many of the OG soldiers, and depending on how strong he may get during the current arc, his potential seems to be immense. He, of course, would also add some tension and drama between team members owing to his apparent bias against Saiyans.

Dabra: From here on, the choices get progressively less and less reliable when the standard is ethics. In this timeline, we don't know specifically when Whis intervened. Since he presumably would intervene before Shin died, this would mean Beerus killed/erased Babidi either before or during the struggle for Boo. If that is the case, then perhaps killing Dabra would be unnecessary - being the demon lord, Whis would probably not want to upset the balance of the different dimensions, and freeing him of Babidi's mind control could trigger a personality change. His stone spit (provided it isn't disqualified) and magic would be useful for taking care of the smaller fry. As a demon and magic user, he could have some nice chemistry with the fighter below.

Moro: Running out of time to pick a selection of ten, Beerus would have to go to the galactic prison and pick out some fighters. Moro claimed he was close to death in the main timeline, but since Moro functions on a billion-year timescale, it is certainly believable that he would still be alive. His magic may or may not have returned, however. The Moro arc implies that Moro's magic returned once Kid Boo had died, but it is never explicitly stated, giving some wiggle room. If Moro can use his magic, then his absorption abilities would be beyond overpowered in such a setting. Being arguably the most evil of the bunch, he'd probably cause a lot of tension with everyone besides Dabra, who I'm sure he'd get along with.

OG73-I: Since Beerus is in the galactic prison, he may as well free OG73-I while he's at it. While he may be weak individually, his backup abilities allow him to steal the powers of any of the strong fighters in the tournament and fight on-par with them; he could even backup any of his teammates beforehand. OG73-I is perhaps the least interesting pick here, but I'm sure he'd have some good interactions with his polar opposite, #16, as well as Trunks and Moro.

Majin Boo: Since Boo was never sealed, and Beerus likely intervened before the battle with Babidi took Shin's life, Boo's cocoon should still be either hidden away on Earth, or stored somewhere in the Kaioshin Realm for safekeeping. Guaranteeing to Shin that he would take care of Boo if he refused to cooperate, Beerus would force him to open the cocoon and recruit him as a fighter. Boo's abilities would be extremely useful, and as a fighter he'd be a wildcard who could either be on the side of good or on the side of evil (considering he hasn't yet split into his two halves). This would also be a good chance to give some more interactions between Boo and Moro, as well.

Gohan: Finally, taking a cue from the main timeline, Baba could be asked to pick up a fighter from Otherworld for a day. Since the team already possesses enough dubious and evil characters, Hell wouldn't be an option. The strongest fighter (presumably) available, and the one most likely to accept, would be Gohan. A fanservice choice, no doubt, but he'd likely never get revived in the end. Trunks would choose the lives of the other universes over Gohan's life and use his wish on them. Still, fanservice-y as it is, many fans would like to see Gohan come back for just one day, especially considering how much of a contrast he is from the main Gohan.

Some other fighters I miss include the Heeters, Jaco, Kame-sennin, Tagoma, and so on, but I'm happy with my choices.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:18 pm

My U7 10 team, after a friendly visit from Beerus to Zuno who'd spill the beans:

1) Trunks

2) The other Trunks (maybe they can fuse and become... Trunks)

3) Broly: Paragus can encourage him to join when they tell him that the payment will be to get relocated to a real planet. No SS, unless Paragus is taken to the stands, killed by Beerus and Broly is told that he was killed by a stray ki blast. He could be disqualified like Kale almost was, though.

4) The Saviour of Namek: We don't know how strong he was, but I think he should be decent.

5) OG73: great addition, have him grab two necks before the ToP, having one slot left, and if he is not eliminated when 18 minutes are left, he can grab 3 more enemy necks.

6) Granola: if Whis tells him U6 has another Freeza and a few saiyans, he'd ecstatically join.

7) Gas: I doubt Shin or Beerus can't make a deal with Elec. Not to mention they'd probably do as they are told, if they fear Freeza...

8 ) Dabura: After Beerus hakais Babidi, freeing him.

9) Gohan: I loved that Baba would bringing back for a day. Hoping he kept his body and kept training in the Afterlife, maybe he'd be as strong as Trunks.

10) Towa, Mira or Fuu, or some other friend of Dabura's. Assuming they actually exist in the main continuity and that the Demon Realm has some strong fighters.
10) If the Demon Realm has nothing else to offer, then I guess searching for android 16 would be their best bet.

Discarded:

Moro: he is kind of a dick. I don't think he is trustworthy and without his magic due to Buu being alive, I think they are better off without him.
Buu: I'm afraid he'd encounter much stronger characters that would anger him a lot, prompting to go wild, even splitting in two. I think people would die (as a candy, even). Not good news for the team.

In any case, I don't think they stand a chance against U11.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:18 pmMoro: he is kind of a dick. I don't think he is trustworthy and without his magic due to Buu being alive, I think they are better off without him.
Buu: I'm afraid he'd encounter much stronger characters that would anger him a lot, prompting to go wild, even splitting in two. I think people would die (as a candy, even). Not good news for the team.

In any case, I don't think they stand a chance against U11.
Moro, more than Freeza I'd argue, has been shown to be able to work together with others: he formed an organization and worked alongside Saganbo's group. Plus, he doesn't hold any grudge (besides the Dai Kaioshin resting inside Boo, but he shouldn't know) unlike Freeza. While he may backstab any of his teammates whenever they stop being of use to him, I'd argue that he will never outright make a play that may eliminate U7. He would die, of course, and if his universe gets erased he doesn't get any good meals - plus he would want the wish for himself, either to wish for his youth or for the return of his magic. Old Moro even without his magic was still able of taking hits from SSG Vegeta, so he's no weakling.

As for Boo, I agree he's more volatile of a character and could spell doom for U7 if anyone gets under his skin. If there is any time before the tournament, then perhaps Merus and the Galactic Patrol can do some of the hypnotic therapy they did in the main continuity to wake up the Dai Kaioshin's memories. This would make Boo a lot more docile generally, grant him a power boost, and would allow for the Kaioshin to switch places if Boo ever gets too agitated or tries to break the rules. I don't think Boo would split, that would require emotional trauma, and he doesn't really have a connection to anyone in the cast.

If they can defeat U11 depends on whether Broly transforms into Super Saiyan at any point, I believe; Broly may end up rampaging but he could likely take Jiren down with him. Or if we include Moro and Boo, if Moro regains his magic (or gets a power boost from eating 73), or if Boo manages to absorb Jiren at some point.

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: The Tournament of Power U7 Team in Trunks' Timeline

Post by Draconic » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:05 pm

Well, I think the team would go something like this:

1) Future Trunks. He's a given. He'd be the team leader and everything, he's the strongest guy left in that timeline. Only one of them would be allowed, though, since time travel is illegal and I'm sure Beerus wouldn't want to let Zeno know about that whole thing with Black.

2) Majin Buu. Whatever happened after the original attack by Babidi and Dabura, he should still be alive. At that point he would be the second strongest character our guys know of and with Beerus and Whis there, he would be kept easily in check prior to the tournament and, if the teams are the same in this timeline, no one would be evil enough to cause him to shed his own evil self, like the guy who shot Bee was.

3) Android 16. While weaker than 17 and 18, his infinite stamina would come in handy. Also, with Goku dead and his life-loving nature he would certainly agree to fight to save his universe.

4) Future Gohan. Considering only one warrior could be revived by the Namekian Dragon Balls, I think Trunks would chose Gohan, easily. It's his master, friend and the strongest one of the Z-Warriors prior to their deaths. Throw him one year into the Room of Spirit and Time with Trunks and all he learned after witnessing troughout his adventures and he would come out truly formidable.

5) Broly. If they find out he's alive, he's certainly in. He's already strong by the start of the arc, it would be a good chunk of time in the future too, so he might be even stronger than in the main timeline and if the arc showed us anything, it's that Saiyans break their limits during the Tournament so he could easily rival Jiren by the end of it, especially if he picks up Super Saiyan from the U6 Saiyans.

These are the only real givens. Everyone else left would be pretty impossible to tell.

6) OG73-I could be a good candidate. He's weak, but in the context of the Tournament of Power could easily grow very strong, very fast. None of the other prisoners would be worthwhile, though. Too weak.

7) Jaco. He's weak, but his connection to Earth trough Tights should still exist if she's alive and his sight could help against some of the trickier opponents who keep themselves hidden but are, for all intents and purposes, weaklings.

8) Pybara. He knows Spirit Control and while probably not THAT strong, the slew of techniques he might have mastered would be great in the Tournament of Power envoirement.

9) Tarble. He's weak, but he's Trunks' uncle after all, another Saiyan, and with training in the Room of Spirit and Time could end up decent, especially if he learns to turn Super Saiyan. He also still has a tail, so could turn Oozaru, which would be problematic for a bunch of fodder in the ToP, especially if he gets a bit stronger. As a tailed Super Saiyan he could even turn Super Saiyan 4 lol or if Mai's pregnant, could help give Super Saiyan God to Trunks, Broly, Gohan, anyone, assuming Paragus is considered pure hearted (pure revenge!) Lol

10) I have no fucking idea. Earthlings like Videl would be fodder and couldn't get stronger in the ROSAT because they wouldn't survive its conditions. The Freeza army warriors are too weak without Freeza, the Galactic Patrol prisoners are too weak, the Namekians are weak, they can't revive anyone else. I guess Moro is their only chance, but could they even unseal him without Kid Buu dying? I am tempted to give Goku (this spot lol (and Vegeta nr 9) Trunks would surely ask for help again if push comes to shove.

I don't know a 10th. A Namekian warrior fused with all the others, like they did in U6, or another Yardratian, I guess.

Ok, well...

10) Granolah. We know nothing of him in the main timeline, so it's hard to judge how he'd be in the future one, but he's the only other one I can think of.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 pm

Loving some of the lateral thinking here! Would never have thought that they would rediscover Android #16, that's genius. Okay, so using the post-Black arc setting of the peaceful future timeline where Beerus destroyed Zamasu, here's how I'd imagine it...

The Earthlings
The backbone of the team. After destroying this timeline's Zamasu, Beerus becomes somewhat acquainted with Earth and fond of the cuisine, though he's nowhere near as attached to it as his main timeline self. He's also less than comfortable with the fact that Trunks and Mai migrated from the destroyed timeline, but puts up with it for the sake of his universe's survival.

1. Trunks (destroyed timeline) -- Naturally.

2. Trunks (Zamasu-less timeline) -- As dull as it may seem to have two of the same guy on the team, I feel like this is the most logical choice simply to round out the team's power. The tournament stakes could draw out the similarities and differences between the two Trunkses. Without a Zamasu to fight, this timeline's Trunks lacks his older counterpart's PTSD but lacks the same level of strength from countless battles against the rogue Kai. Perhaps this Trunks actually has the right shade of luscious lavender locks to distinguish him from his blue counterpart? :wink:

3. Mai (destroyed timeline) -- I understand why everyone is skimping out on her considering that her main contribution in battle is her skill with firearms which is useless in the ToP (though I'm sure Zeno would be appreciative of her cool guns and deem them safe), but hear me out. Given time to train in a peaceful timeline, our Trunks mentors Mai in martial arts and ki (which seems to be at least somewhat canon going by Heroes in which she's shown using Bukujutsu to fly). Bam, now she's the new Videl.

4. Kame Sennin -- I'd imagine Roshi would have devolved into bitterness, depression and even worse porn addiction in this timeline. Nevertheless, his library of esoteric techniques is always invaluable.

5. Yajirobe -- Hey, he was one of the top strongest guys on Earth for a time, don'tcha know? In the 48 hour lead up to the ToP, he does a reasonable amount of training to get back into shape. His talent for hiding away to save his own skin and then popping out at the last minute is crucial.

6. Android #16 -- I love the idea of introducing his future self, who should be buried in stasis somewhere in Gero's laboratory. Perhaps his appearance could also be used to explain the discrepancies between the timelines in regards to what happened to Androids #19 and #20 as Trunks finds recordings of what really happened (i.e. the theory that Gero, aimless without a Goku to kill, made #17 and #18 genocidal against all humanity). Aimless with the knowledge that his target Goku died long ago, #16 is easily swayed over to Trunks' side. He also discovers a troubling revelation while reading some blueprints for Android #17...

Intergalactic stragglers
Due to the relative lack of strong fighters left on Earth, Team U7 becomes more like the other universe's rosters: a hodgepodge mix of whatever strong guys Whis can find throughout the cosmos.

7. Broly -- Pretty much exactly the same as his main counterpart, but even more under the domineering thrall of his father Paragus without Cheelai's influence.

8. A Metal Man -- Maybe Bikkur Quiotir (one of the Galactic Patrol prisoners... yeah, I remember his name), or maybe another member of the species.

9. Dabura -- Assuming that the timeframe is even right for him to still be alive, Beerus or Trunks track down Babidi, destroy him, and free the Demon Realm king from the warlock's mind control.

Resurrected for a day
We have a choice of two here...

10a. Son Gohan -- Trunks sentimentally decides to call on Uranai Baba to revive his deceased mentor.

10b. Android #17 -- Or, he takes the pragmatic option. After reading the data from Dr. Gero's lab, Trunks realises that on top of giving him unlimited stamina, Android #17's internal energy reactor will continue to grow in power indefinitely (hence his insane power boost in the main timeline's Tournament of Power). Swallowing his intense hatred for the Androids, he decides to only resurrect #17 as his team's token villain. I like the poetry that his role is a combination of main timeline #17 and Freeza, who were both pivotal teammates in the canonical ToP for Team U7. This decision could bring up some drama between the two Trunkses -- the one from the destroyed timeline is older and has a greater sense of perspective, meanwhile the loss of Gohan is fresher for the Trunks of this Zamasu-less timeline.

I don't believe they would consider any of the Galactic Patrol arc characters. Everybody assumes that they're worthless weaklings, and Merus is undercover as a mortal, unknown even to the gods. As for Moro, nobody outside of the Patrol is aware of his existence, and certainly nobody would trust him if they did know. Trunks also knows nothing about Majin Buu, and only knows from Shin that he's a mindless rampaging beast, so no use to the team. Granola, well, he's a possibility but we don't know that much about him, and he seems to be a drifter in space. It's unlikely that even Whis could track him down.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 pm3. Mai (destroyed timeline) -- I understand why everyone is skimping out on her considering that her main contribution in battle is her skill with firearms which is useless in the ToP (though I'm sure Zeno would be appreciative of her cool guns and deem them safe), but hear me out. Given time to train in a peaceful timeline, our Trunks mentors Mai in martial arts and ki (which seems to be at least somewhat canon going by Heroes in which she's shown using Bukujutsu to fly). Bam, now she's the new Videl.
But flying is against the rules in the ToP. So without that, what could she really hope to do?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:23 pm

U7 in Trunks’ timeline is pretty hard up. I think we have to discount Merus as an eligible fighter, given his identity. That leaves:

The two Trunks - Givens

Dabra on a 24-hour return - Only villain really worth doing this with in Trunks’ timeline

Majin Boo - If he can be revived in time

And then it’s just a rundown of “strong folks who might still be alive in outer space”

Broly

Seven-Three

Old Moro - How strong is he exactly with absolutely none of his magic returned? I don’t know, but at least pretty strong.

Other members of Saganbo’s crew (Bikkura Quitor or the trio of Miza, Iwaza and Kikaza are probably the most useful)

Gas or other members of the Heatas

Granolah

Tagoma and Shisami In a pinch

That said: Assuming no changes in the other universes, they’d still probably be in a pretty good position against everyone but U11 and U6—only because of Hit.

Seven-Three is a surprisingly good asset. Boo and Broly are also assets, but can just as easily be liabilities.

I guess, my ten: Trunks, Trunks, Boo, Broly, Seven-Three, Dabra on a 24-hour revival, Moro, Bikkura Quitor (or other Metalman), Gas, Granolah

The three female prisoners are really weak when not fused, and a liability when fused in the form of a single ring-out. And I’m just assuming at this point that Gas and Granolah are stronger than Shisami. It’s a pretty bleak team from the fifth member down, and a pretty risky one from there up.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:55 pm

My team would be whatever you guys pick. However, I would pick Tarble and Chilled in the place of the weakest ones, since they're better choices (and would be nicer to see them instead). So if in your team Yajirobe and Android 8 are the weakest ones, I'd switch them out for Tarble and Chilled.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:57 am

1. Trunks
2. Granola
3. Pybara
4. Broly
5. Paragus
6. Fused Namekians
7. Gas
8. Maki
9. Elec
10. Oil

Runner ups:
- Yajirobi
- Shisami
- Tagoma
- Abo
- Kado

Whis would just track down the most skilled or powerful fighters after Trunks. Paragus is the weakest, but I think he's necessary so Broly doesn't kill anyone. I have no idea what these new characters are like, but i assume they're powerful and have great synergy as a team?

Why I excluded dead fighters, 16, and Galactic prisoners:

Fortune Teller Baba is most likely dead from the Androids. Which rules out dead fighters like Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, and Pikkon. The way Beerus reacted in the show wishing Frieza was alive makes me think he wouldn't resurrect dead fighters if it wasn't for Goku and Baba. King Yenma didn't know who Beerus was either.

I don't believe Android 16 exists and was only the result of a butterfly effect in the present.

Moro is either dead or still in Galactic Prison, I would assume? I mean, the Earth is still intact. It's possible Granola or Beerus killed him off screen early into his reign of terror when Trunks was still a kid. If he's still alive, I think he would be too dangerous to be let out. He once tried to kill the Grand Supreme Kai. His powers would become problematic being near a multiverse of Gods and fighters.

As for 7-3 and the other prisoners, I think the ones we know have have most likely been executed by now. If not, Merus has a strong sense of justice and could insist to Whis not to release them. They all seem like a bunch of weaklings without Moro anyway.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:20 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 pm3. Mai (destroyed timeline) -- I understand why everyone is skimping out on her considering that her main contribution in battle is her skill with firearms which is useless in the ToP (though I'm sure Zeno would be appreciative of her cool guns and deem them safe), but hear me out. Given time to train in a peaceful timeline, our Trunks mentors Mai in martial arts and ki (which seems to be at least somewhat canon going by Heroes in which she's shown using Bukujutsu to fly). Bam, now she's the new Videl.
But flying is against the rules in the ToP. So without that, what could she really hope to do?
This version would presumably be capable of doing other things. If nothing else, her resourcefulness and survivability (plus, let's face it, main character bias) that allowed her to withstand Goku Black's reign of terror would make her a worthy ally. I don't think Trunks would instantly dive into the well of demonic abominations like Buu or Moro in a short timeframe, in the same way that the main timeline Team Universe 7 mainly used up the resources they knew they had on Earth. In the future timeline, they'd rely more on Whis to pick up stragglers throughout the galaxy and there's only so much time to sift through an entire universe. And let's face it, most of the other universes' gods didn't seem to find the absolute best stock their cosmos had to offer in the allotted time.

I had a thought... could Trunks quickly pop to the main timeline to pick up Goku or Vegeta? I'd imagine Beerus would Hakai the time machine the second he finds it, then the realisation dawns on him that he messed up their best bet for survival. Though if not, a mastered Ultra Instinct Goku could be an absolute juggernaut and suddenly Jiren is the underdog.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:24 pm

The second Trunks would be pretty fodder to be honest. He'd basically be equal to Future Trunks at the beginning of the Goku Black saga... who was no match for SSB-tier fighters. So he'd get stomped by the SSB-tier fighters in the Tournament (there are A LOT). Unless he somehow awakens Super Saiyan Rage during the Tournament.

The first Trunks could use the Spirit Sword of Hope vs. Jiren or Kefla or any other major opponent. It could deal some damage, since it was able to cleave Fused Zamasu in half.

Also, I would advise the two Trunks NOT to fuse... because, well, the results might not be pretty...

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:35 pm

So I don't think Robots are allowed, given that items and weapons aren't allowed.
The robots in the tournament seemed like living robots somehow and an exception to the rule at best.

So I don't think 16 is in.

People don't get that time travel is a mortal sin and they can probably tell when someone is from another TL.
So Two Trunks wouldn't be allowed. The other universes can complain and U12 gets 10 jirens "from 10 minutes ago's"

Beerus and Shin were both terrible at finding people or just didn't have time.
Freezas men didn't train until Freeza came back.
Buu is stuck in an egg.
Moro is useless till Buu is killed or kid buu is split and killed.
We don't know if Yajirobe and Roshi are alive in the manga.
I think 8 is a cyborg type but we don't know if Trunks even knows about him.
We don't know if Trunks knows Tarble or not.
They don't know about Broly.
Can Whis search for more saiyans like how he showed Beerus Goku? Is he sorta omniscient on demand or did he just already know about Goku while Beerus was asleep?
We don't know if Trunks found out about the contents of the z-sword.
No one is thinking to get Freeza.
Baba is presumably dead because they never used her to bring people back for one day in canon.

So you probably have:

1. Trunks.
2. Namekian Saviour?
3. Jaco
4. Buu OR Moro

5. Dabra if Beerus/Trunks killed Babidi but not Dabra.
6. Yakon if not dead.
7. Pui Pui if not dead.
8. Abo and
9. Cado if they are canon.
10. Broly if they can find him?/
11.Tarble if the same?
12. Paragus?
13. Yajirobe if he's alive?

14. Other Galatic patrol guys/Nameks/Demon realm goons/Assuming Dabra or whis can go there on demand.
15. Towa if she's canon, she must be, she's a Toriyama design and in his DBO post DB vision.
16. Mira if Towa is and has made him yet.
17. Any Dragon Team guys, (Yamcha, Ten, Kuririn, Chaozu, Piccolo, Gohan.)except Vegeta (reincarnated) or Goku (didn't die a heroes death here) if Trunks knows about the bring em back for one day thing AND Baba is still alive...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.