Piccolo Discussion

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Piccolo Discussion

Post by BWri » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:23 pm

Kinokima wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:43 pm While it was a very small moment I did feel Piccolo being the one to tell Vegeta to use his Spirit Fission technique to give energy to Goku was a great use of Piccolo.
Yes! This is the sort of stuff I mean when I mention that he's currently trending in the right direction.

He's already a leader in the group and as long as he has enough power to contend with the threats, even if he can't directly contend with the main baddie and as long as he isn't actively humiliated in combat and gets to actively contribute then its a bare minimum I can enjoy.

And just give him a moment where he gets to do something cool and not get immediately humiliated after.

• BoG: Fought Beerus, did no damage, not even acknowledged by main antagonist, and got humiliated (in the movie)
  • RoF: Got some cool moments during the melee, not even acknowledged by main antagonist, got humiliated by Shisami/Tagoma.
  • ToD: Chosen for the tournament over Gohan and the kids, Big power increase and put up a good fight vs Frost, not even acknowledged by main antagonist, got humiliated by Vegeta (and by the writing with everyone basically calling him weak)
  • ToP: Massive power increase, cool moments pre-ToP, some decent fights during the ToP, not even acknowledged by main antagonist, humiliating elimination by Damon
  • Moro: Good fights with 7-3, massive power increase, lasted against amped Saganbo, threatened Moro, traded barbs with Moro and faced him down, contributed to the final victory over Moro in a multitude of ways, looked like a leader

Good upwards slope for Piccolo.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Piccolo Discussion

Post by omaro34 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:19 pm

With the added lore for Namekians in this latest chapter, with introducing new Namekians, new dragonballs and the revelation of the Namekians being from a different realm, it gives me some hope for our favorite Namekian big green
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl