What could the Oracle Fish be forseeing?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What could the Oracle Fish be forseeing?

Post by shadd21 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:04 pm

Any thoughts or theories to what the Oracle fish could be foreseeing here?

I personally think could be a foreshadow to Freeza and his army being wiped out by the end of this arc, as they pretty much control the universe, hence the "balance shifting" bit.

Gogeta SSJ Blue
Beyond Newbie

Re: What could the Oracle Fish be forseeing?

Post by Gogeta SSJ Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm

Possibly, Granolah after his training or even a new character!

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Dragon Ball isn't very subtle when it comes to its plot execution, so I wouldn't think twice if Granolah is the one who becomes the "strongest in the universe." A similar structure was used back in the Zamasu arc, where Beerus questions in one panel if there is a God who could rebel against his own kind, and the very next page we see an almost full-page panel of Zamasu, essentially stripping away any mystery of who Black could be. Whereas there are more factions at play here, it seems like Granolah is the safest bet right now. The only thing throwing a wrench into things is the idea that Granolah seems to be a good guy (sympathetic background, uses a stun gun to avoid killing), so if he becomes the strongest, my opinion is that it's at end of the arc as a reveal (after a red herring about someone else supposedly becoming the "strongest") to save the day. Again, if we look at this in terms of patterns, Granolah could play the role of Trunks, Merus or #17, the supposedly weak newcomer that comes clutch at the end.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:40 pm

It's too ambiguous and generic to formulate a definitive and full judgement.

Obviously Granolah is involved in some way, as the titular antagonist of the arc.

But this ominous prophecy could refer to more than just Granolah.

Is the fish referring to the balance of power in the ningen world? So Granolah will overthrow Goku and Broly as the strongest ningens? Is he also referring to the balance of power between ningens and Gods? So Granolah will somehow overthrow the Destroyers? Or perhaps this prophecy is referring to a future arc, where someone will try to dethrone Zeno and "reset" the balance of power in the cosmos (ala Zamasu/Hearts). It's too early to tell.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:50 pm

It's VERY hard that Granolah can become the 'stronger fighter in U7' in a consistent narrative timeframe, and if someone can find a trick to instantly become stronger than Goku UI the entire franchise will break.
-Hey Yamcha, you can become the strongarrrr in 2 seconds, just pull my finger
-Done.
-Whoaaaa!

...and no, an intensive extra training that anyone can pursuit is a breaking thing the same.

So, if the arc doesn't last YEARS before Goku enter the scene, and Goku go comatose for the entire lasting, there's NO WAY Granolah is the stronger fighter.

AS LONG... and that's another matter... AS LONG...

...Cerealians doesn't have something like "the Super Cerealian of Legend" that you can reach by pulling the finger of someone and BLAM! Asspulling again from Dragon Ball.

That could be very possible. He go fight Frieza, Frieza bash him and tell him about the last Sayans and how they defeated cerealians to avoid the rise of SCoL, Granolah go SuperKellog's and go bash the barbarian apes.
Only to find they are good people.
In the meanwhile, alien mafia vampires find a power source in 73, get boosted, do chaos, Vegeta + Granolah + Goku go bash them.

If I'm correct this time I deserve a prize. Usually I'm not correct.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:04 pm

Perhaps the balance may be shifted by the intel of Zuno being stolen by Elec’s group and whatever secret he may know to dominate the universe.

The strongest warrior is probably Granolah, in my opinion, given that he talks about strength in the same manga page.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:02 pm

Something I learned since the Goku Black arc is to not overthink any mystery in this series. It's usually exactly what you expect. In this case, it's the Granola Bar turning into a Protein Bar.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:36 pm

What if they find Zuno, use his knowledge to gather the Super Dragonballs, and wish to become the strongest fighter ever?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:26 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:36 pm What if they find Zuno, use his knowledge to gather the Super Dragonballs, and wish to become the strongest fighter ever?
Would be a first, and honestly, not an unwelcome twist. Zamasu could literally ask to have the full extent of Goku's power unlocked and THEN go to Trunks' future and recruit his counterpart there. Or just kept the Super DBs for this reason.

If a villain can cheese his enemies like this, aside from personal honor and such, I think he definitely should. Elec looks like one who would do this.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:05 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:36 pm What if they find Zuno, use his knowledge to gather the Super Dragonballs, and wish to become the strongest fighter ever?
Such a wish would potentially close any potential future threats, and this would have to be the final DBS arc. How else could any next bunch of antagonists ever surpass it? Super Shenron making you the Strongest Fighter? There's no way to go above that.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:40 pm Or perhaps this prophecy is referring to a future arc, where someone will try to dethrone Zeno and "reset" the balance of power in the cosmos (ala Zamasu/Hearts). It's too early to tell.
The fish mentioned Universe 7 so I doubt it has anything to do with overthrowing Zeno either.

My humble opinion is that Granolah quickly haxes his way to the top, it's unavoidable at this point.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:24 am

Dragon Ball is often unpredictable, but as long is someone else besides Goku/Fusion it's ok for me. I would exclude Vegeta from my list too, but considering what happened in the last arc I won't do it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:28 am

Either Granolah, Elec, or a third as-of-yet-unseen player who winds up being the main villain. Someone is going to accidentally reap the benefits of the gifts Seven-Three has stored in him.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:44 pm

I doubt someone besides a hakaishin or kaioshin, or a main character could gather the Super DB, how would they travel to U6?? how could they handle 7 planet-like spheres? that's like a solar system. It should take them ages, as well.

I'm wondering if 7-3 has Moro's full power still stored inside it, which would grant whoever gets ahold of that the title of the strongest, or the copied abilities from regular people like Piccolo, Gohan, SSBE Vegeta, and everybody it ever copied... there has to be something more to it, if not, the 7-3 army should've been unbeatable.

Also, this:
fadeddreams5 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:02 pm Something I learned since the Goku Black arc is to not overthink any mystery in this series. It's usually exactly what you expect. In this case, it's the Granola Bar turning into a Protein Bar.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:44 pm

Granola combines 7-3's ability with his eye, allowing him to copy people just by looking at them. And he can keep their abilities and added strength permanently, like Super Moro.

Boom.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:54 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:44 pm I doubt someone besides a hakaishin or kaioshin, or a main character could gather the Super DB, how would they travel to U6?? how could they handle 7 planet-like spheres? that's like a solar system. It should take them ages, as well.
If Toyotaro wants to make it happen, he'll find a way.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:16 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:44 pm Granola combines 7-3's ability with his eye, allowing him to copy people just by looking at them. And he can keep their abilities and added strength permanently, like Super Moro.

Boom.
Well, his special eye is red and he wants to avenge his race... Become able to copy abilities with his sharingan is a possibility.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:14 pm

Maybe Goku is going to master Ultra Instinct on the same level as the angels which would throw off the balance of the universe by giving the side of good an unstoppable force. Then maybe the Grand Priest will summon Goku and tell him that if he continues to interfere with mortal affairs he'll be erased. This would set the stage for other characters to take the lead and begin a new era of Dragon Ball.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:58 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:05 am
Such a wish would potentially close any potential future threats, and this would have to be the final DBS arc. How else could any next bunch of antagonists ever surpass it? Super Shenron making you the Strongest Fighter? There's no way to go above that.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:40 pm Or perhaps this prophecy is referring to a future arc, where someone will try to dethrone Zeno and "reset" the balance of power in the cosmos (ala Zamasu/Hearts). It's too early to tell.
The fish mentioned Universe 7 so I doubt it has anything to do with overthrowing Zeno either.

My humble opinion is that Granolah quickly haxes his way to the top, it's unavoidable at this point.
I didn't notice the U7-only part, regardless it wouldn't surprise me if that prophecy was setting up long-term predictions that involve future arcs too.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:18 pm

I think it'll mean Granola, Elec, or whoever becomes the strongest, will even surpass Beerus (beyond Beerus' usual retcon), based on the Fish saying that the balance will shift or something like that. I also think that's why we are seeing Beerus "train".

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:16 am

Another asspull or recolor.

Jokes aside, I think the OF is talking about Granolah and/or OG73. Granolah may steal again OG73 to make him fight Frieza. The only one being capable of becoming strong so fast is OG73 with his special ability... Or #17 with his super high EXP drop from poechers!
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.