What will the Dragon Balls be used for this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: What will the Dragon Balls be used for this arc?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:04 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:01 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:08 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:44 pm The Heeters now know about Zuno's location, have all the knowledge stored within 73 (potentially with the powers previously copied by him too) and they also know about the Dragon Balls. I'm really curious as to what they are going to do with these weapons and their role in the story. Elec has already made it clear that he favors Intel over military strength, will they end up becoming powerhouses or will they impact the plot in another way?

Immortal beings can still be sealed though. Even Goku acknowledged that immortality alone was not enough for Zamasu to be able to complete his plan. Ultimately both wishes have weaknesses, the effectiveness of those wishes will depend on the user's goal (in the case of Granolah, ultimate strength seems to fit better with his goal)
Did Goku say that before or after using the Mafuba technique which, by the way, utterly failed?
After.

Mafuba that just ended up failing because Goku forgot the Talisman
It's just Goku being dumb, as is usual of Goku. Why shouldn't Zamasu be able to complete his plan?

I can understand why Black would fail, since he wasn't immortal and was losing, but since Zamasu was immortal, and the only technique that could defeat him failed, all he had to do was just go into hiding and wait a few decades until the Saiyans are dead, then re-emerge to complete his plan.

This is the power of immortality... the power of not being affected by time... the power of not risking death ever... that's why it won't take Zeno to defeat Granolah. Ultimate strength is an inferior wish.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: What will the Dragon Balls be used for this arc?

Post by Kinokima » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:20 am

I still wonder if the fact that there are only 2 Dragon Balls will play a part this arc

Why change things and make it 2? I know some people said they wanted to make things easier but finding 7 Dragon Balls can be as easy as the story wants it to be. Take the set up in this arc. Granolah had the one Dragon Ball and one was missing. Well they could have just as easily had written it as & Gramps having 6 at their home and still only 1 was missing. It doesn’t change the story beat at all.

I mentioned this before but I would love something similar to the Namek arc where the two Dragon Balls are constantly switching hands. This would certainly be easier to convey with 2 Dragon Balls. Once someone finds one Dragon Ball then the sense of urgency of keeping the other one away from that person becomes even bigger. It’s easier for you to make a wish yes so than it is just as easy for your “enemy” to make a wish as well.

Most of us don’t think Granolah’s wish will come true. But something else we definitely know about the Dragon Balls so far that the Heeters are already aware of their existence.