Frost's poison stinger

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Frost's poison stinger

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:23 pm

Could a case have been made that it should have been allowed in the Tournament of Power?

IIRC, it was implanted under his skin/exoskeleton, so that means it would technically count as a body modification. If that wasn't allowed, then 17 and 18 with their cybernetic upgrades shouldn't have been allowed either, along with most of Universe 3.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Frost's poison stinger

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:50 am

That’s a very good question.

Given that the ToP’s rules are more like guidelines and the Zen-oh’s are more then happy to let things slide as long as it’s fun, then I’m inclined to say yes.

However, to look at it another way. The needles are very minor modifications that act as concealed weapons rather the a full body modification. The difference is that #17, #18 and the U3 team cannot just remove there modifications. They are a fundamental part of there being, just as our organs are to us.It would be incredibly inhuman to ask them all to undergo extensive surgery or body work, while all Frost has to do is remove the needles.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:57 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:50 am That’s a very good question.

Given that the ToP’s rules are more like guidelines and the Zen-oh’s are more then happy to let things slide as long as it’s fun, then I’m inclined to say yes.

However, to look at it another way. The needles are very minor modifications that act as concealed weapons rather the a full body modification. The difference is that #17, #18 and the U3 team cannot just remove there modifications. They are a fundamental part of there being, just as our organs are to us.It would be incredibly inhuman to ask them all to undergo extensive surgery or body work, while all Frost has to do is remove the needles.
What about Katopesla's suit, though? That could have been removed without much trouble.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:19 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:57 am

What about Katopesla's suit, though? That could have been removed without much trouble.
His suit is only functional in the anime is it not?
So it's not a toriyama idea that it's weaponised.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:57 am

Well we don't actually know that. While his helmet can be removed, as far as I can remember nothing was said about it coming off. Just as an example, the Spider-man villain the Rhino is/was permanently stuck inside his costume as part of the procedure that granted him super strength. Katopesla's could be in the same possion.

Unlikely I agree but possible. If you want a possible other answer, the rules say nothing about armour. As I talked about a lot at the time, the tournament's rules are filled with loop holes and the Zen-ohs following the rule of cool only makes things worse. Their are multiple points people should have been disqualified for using weapons, Krillian and Roshi being prime examples but technically a shoe and a bottle are not weapons. Also the armour has only one weapon as far as we know and it was only used once so they were likely willing to let is slide especially when in the end he lost anyway.