Do you think they should retcon Vermoud’s power to being greater than Jiren's?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Do you think they should retcon Vermoud’s power to being greater than Jiren's?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:47 pm

Now with the manga’s seemingly new agenda of Hakai Power being >>>>> Non Hakai power.. And it being reintroduced as an opposite but EQUAL technique to UI. We know that Belmod has been a GoD for at least many thousands of years.. And so is obviously more experienced and skilled with it than Toppo is, (whom SSBE Vegeta already defeated..) There’s no reason (or room) for Belmod to fit in between GoD Toppo and Jiren’s power..

The problem is the GoD Battle Royale fight...

If Beerus is >>>>>>>>>>> current UI Goku still (which clearly is the case here) and current UI Goku >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ToP Limits Surpassed Manga Jiren.... who is (as stated) >>> Belmod.

Then how the hell did Belmod manage to perform so well during the GoD Battle Royale against all the other Gods, including Beerus and Quitella???!

It doesn’t make ANY sense!

Unless they retcon his strength to being much stronger than Jiren again...

That would solve ALL of it!

Simply have the Gods of Destruction sitting on top of the power hierarchy and pyramid once more..

It makes so much more sense afterall. Having a random space alien, gray, and mortal without any God Ki or UI at all surpass a freaking GOD OF DESTRUCTION never sat well with me, and makes zero sense. It’s downright ridiculous, disrespectful and blasphemous.

What do you think???
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Do you think they should retcon Belmod’s power to being >>>>>> Jiren?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:21 pm

They could just mean that Jiren has more total ki than Belmod, but would lose in a fight due to techniques.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TCH

Post by TCH » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:18 am

No that would be pointless, it"s very clear you have this hatred for Jiren but retconning his power is unnecessary.

And how does it not make sense for Jiren to be that strong when he has been training hard since he was a little child and power has been all he has been focused on? Makes a lot of sense.

Yet you love and will gladly defend Broly going from not even ssj level to God of destruction without any issue despite that being far far more disrespectul to the scaling.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 am

TCH wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:18 am No that would be pointless, it"s very clear you have this hatred for Jiren but retconning his power is unnecessary.

And how does it not make sense for Jiren to be that strong when he has been training hard since he was a little child and power has been all he has been focused on? Makes a lot of sense.

Yet you love and will gladly defend Broly going from not even ssj level to God of destruction without any issue despite that being far far more disrespectul to the scaling.
Retconning his power IS neccesary! If Beerus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Current UI Goku >>>>>>>>> Jiren >>> Belmod. Than how the hell was Belmod performing as well as he did during the ToP???! This must be retconned in order for it to make sense. And you know it.

There’s a whole new theme going on right now in this Arc, that puts the Hakai technique on equal stature with UI.. And If Belmod has been a GoD for many thousands of years at least.. (which is true), then he’s had a lot of time to hone and master it.. unlike Toppo..

There’s no reason why Belmod would be weaker than Jiren..

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:00 am

When Toppo compares Jiren and Belmod in the manga, he does only on combat skill perspective. So, he is likely superior to Jiren in other skills.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 am

Or, and hear me out here, Beerus is not as strong as you're hyping him to be.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:24 am

Thani wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 am Or, and hear me out here, Beerus is not as strong as you're hyping him to be.
Or.. Maybe YOU’RE simply wrong...

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:19 pm

If you're finding a flaw in your reasoning and can only make it work through retcons or pretending certain things never happened, then maybe you should entertain the possibility that your initial hypothesis isn't as accurate as you think it is.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 pm

They could explain it by saying Jiren had a special technique and didn't use normal ki, or just that Jiren had so much pure brute force that it even overwhelms GoD power.

If you feel this is ruining your enjoyment of the series though, just remember it's not meant to be analyzed this much, so don't take it so seriously 😉

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Vermoud is a trickster, and that's why he did so well in the battle royale. He "played dead" to avoid fighting toward the end.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:42 pm

batistabus wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:26 pm Vermoud is a trickster, and that's why he did so well in the battle royale. He "played dead" to avoid fighting toward the end.
Yeah he was clearly going to jump whoever won out of Beerus and the rat.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 am

I don't really care tbh. Belmond is irrelevant to the story.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:17 pm

Just let Belmod do a couple of hakais to show that he may be a clown-faced Hakkaishin, but he's still a god of destruction.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:08 pm

There's no retconning necessary. A lot of us have been showing you all, pointing out the breadcrumbs Toriyama-san, Toyotaro, and Toei staff have been using to imply that Beerus is the strongest GoD. The manga makes it very clear but even the anime makes no definitive statement that Jiren is stonger than Beerus. People just took a few statements and ran wild with it, as always.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Do you think they should retcon Vermoud’s power to being greater than Jiren's?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:59 pm

There is no need to change his strength. Belmod can be considerably weaker than Beerus and still be able to hurt him in combat. Not to mention that in the Battle Royal, his main strategy was to play dead, possibly to attack the last remaining (already tired) GoD, so most of the time he wasn't exactly fighting. The manga also makes it clear that Jiren is stronger than Belmond when it comes to battle power, so Belmod can easily have some Godly technique (like Beerus) that gives him the edge in a battle against Jiren

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Do you think they should retcon Vermoud’s power to being greater than Jiren's?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:52 pm

Who changed my topic title without me knowing it??? It said Belmod at first. Now it’s Vermoud suddenly.. Even though Belmod is the official Dub name.. I wasn’t notified of this either..