C17 Discussion

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

C17 Discussion

Post by Kappa » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:49 pm

What do you guys think of C17? And what do you want Toriyama/Toyotaro to do with him next?

I personally want to see him interact with Goten and Trunks more. I would also like to see Toriyama's take on Super 17.
Last edited by Kappa on Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: C17 Discussion

Post by Lionel » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Don't have too strong of an opinion for him. I found his reincorporation after so long to be abrupt but I can understand why that would be deemed hypocritical as other characters like Piccolo and the humans were thrown back out in the meat grinder after so long of being inactive.

My sentiments are that if he's going to remain a continual addition to the roster then I would prefer to see his sister being concurrently built up and used in fights or combat events. She has the same potential as he does thanks to the cybernetic implants and genetic altering so I would like for her to take advantage of that trait and make herself a worthwhile asset.

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kappa » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 pm Don't have too strong of an opinion for him. I found his reincorporation after so long to be abrupt but I can understand why that would be deemed hypocritical as other characters like Piccolo and the humans were thrown back out in the meat grinder after so long of being inactive.

My sentiments are that if he's going to remain a continual addition to the roster then I would prefer to see his sister being concurrently built up and used in fights or combat events. She has the same potential as he does thanks to the cybernetic implants and genetic altering so I would like for her to take advantage of that trait and make herself a worthwhile asset.
Yeah, C18 has so much potential. Toriyama/ Toyotaro could easily make her a worthwhile asset.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Make him and 18 permanent Z-senshi members.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:53 am

17 had one hell of a great arc in the Tournament of Power and was among the best characters of the arc.
But I don’t think he needs to be constantly involved in stories. It was fine to have him appear in the Moro arc because it made sense, but if no threat appears on Earth or no other multiversal tournament is held then he should stay sidelined.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:14 pm

I think he already is part of the scooby gang as seen in the Moro arc, and seems to have regained contact with his estranged sister, he interacts and has developed some kind of relationship with the children to let them take care of his place, and has particular bonds with Goku, Piccolo and I'd say even Freeza, and IIRC felt in debt with Krilin even if that's been paid. He is not just 18's brother anymore.

So we shouldn't see him in any future birthday celebration, only because no one would guard the island (don't poachers ever go on vacation or home?), but I hope we get to see him on the battlefield. He's really cool and I'll like for him to be as strong as in the anime, SSB level like Gohan and Piccolo seem to be.

I would like to see him become some sort of protector of Krilin, the Moro arc could've gotten something like that, saving his ass or fighting together. That too, they could form an interesting trio the androids and Krilin. That came out weird.

I'd like another tournament, maybe a second ToP including 1-4 universes to see Krilin-17-18 + Gohan-Piccolo + Goten-Trunks + Goku, Vegeta, Broly.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:30 am

I like he and #18 being included in the top Earth Defenders club. The images of him side by side with Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Piccolo just makes sense to me. If I could have my way, I'd like them to show a more sci-fi side to combat and growth as oppossed to the spiritual side that the others show.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:15 pm

I like him and I want to see more of him (if his "cameo" would make sense, I don't like forced things - that's why I'm tired of Vegeta after so many arcs, he's fine as a character but I don't like him as other MC). Only thing I don't like about this modern #17 is that he got asspull powerup. But I like him. #17 and Frieza were the ONLY characters I cared about during Tournament of Power. ToP arc is boring and sucks dragon balls but for them it was worth going through the episodes.
I prefer his old design with scarf but this new one isn't that bad!

I'd like to see him interact with Trunks. But with adult "present" Trunks, I'm tired of his kid version. We need time skip to EoZ asap. It would be fun to see that parallel with their future counterparts - in different timeline they were the worst enemies, but here they can be good buddies.
Would be nice to see his family too.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.