Do you like the fact that Hakai has been retconned to equal UI now??!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Do you like the fact that Hakai has been retconned to equal UI now??!

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:32 am

emperior wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:28 am You are mixing too much headcanon with facts. Beerus has basically already been surpassed and nothing ever pointed out towards the end goal of Super being that of Goku and Vegeta reaching Beerus’ level.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if by the end of the current arc Beerus will be surpassed by both Goku and Vegeta with no doubt left about it.

Also UI is still king, that’s why Beerus was trying to learn it and got irritated once he saw Goku achieving it before him in the Tournament of Power.

I think Vegeta will learn Beerus’ technique but add his own twists and maybe it will tie in with some new Saiyan form (or with the inner Oozaru power) in order to reach Goku’s Ultra Instinct with sheer power alone, like Jiren was able to.
It seems you are the one who is truly using headcanon here. Not me. I have stated facts. Beerus is the goal here. Not Whis or the Dai Shinkan. Beerus is their future rival. Not Whis or his father. Beerus is a fellow student of Whis. And naturally has a much higher level of control over Hakai energy than Vegeta will gain at the end of this Arc initially.. They will need to train more. Beerus will be their inspiration and future goal to reach.

He has literally had hundreds of millions of years the time to fully perfect his destruction energy to the highest possible level!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:15 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:08 pm
Beerus is an absolute EXPERT in Hakai.. Having a level of mastery at least on the Grand Priest’s level of control over UI.. (possibly higher even.)!

The whole theme of Super itself ever since the beginning, is that Beerus is supposed to be a future rival for Goku and Vegeta. And just like them, he is a fellow STUDENT of Whis aswell!

And thus, he is much weaker than Whis...
Wait, so if Beerus is a black belt in Hakai but is still a great deal below a red belt in UI like Whis, then how can both techniques be equal? or am I missing something here?
If they were equal, Beerus should be comparable only to someone wielding the same kind of degree of UI, unless Beerus doesn't have mastery over Hakai at the level you are proposing.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:20 am

emperior wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:28 am Also UI is still king, that’s why Beerus was trying to learn it and got irritated once he saw Goku achieving it before him in the Tournament of Power.
This in particular seems to have changed with the current arc. Beerus doesn't really seem interested in Ultra Instinct now and we were told that this technique does not suit a GoD anyway (and apparently conflicts with their mindset too)
emperior wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:28 am I think Vegeta will learn Beerus’ technique but add his own twists and maybe it will tie in with some new Saiyan form (or with the inner Oozaru power) in order to reach Goku’s Ultra Instinct with sheer power alone, like Jiren was able to.
Indeed Goku's power ceiling (Whis and Daishinkan) looks much bigger than Vegeta now and honestly I don't think the Beerus tech alone will make up for it. But eventually something new will be introduced (just lime this new GoD technique) that will allow Vegeta to get closer or reach him (or he will just mix new techniques with his powers as you said)

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:26 am

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:15 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:08 pm
Beerus is an absolute EXPERT in Hakai.. Having a level of mastery at least on the Grand Priest’s level of control over UI.. (possibly higher even.)!

The whole theme of Super itself ever since the beginning, is that Beerus is supposed to be a future rival for Goku and Vegeta. And just like them, he is a fellow STUDENT of Whis aswell!

And thus, he is much weaker than Whis...
Wait, so if Beerus is a black belt in Hakai but is still a great deal below a red belt in UI like Whis, then how can both techniques be equal? or am I missing something here?
If they were equal, Beerus should be comparable only to someone wielding the same kind of degree of UI, unless Beerus doesn't have mastery over Hakai at the level you are proposing.
Are you serious??? Did you clearly not read what I wrote, quite a few times before already...?

Then I guess I shall have to repeat myself again, (since I’m such a nice guy..)
Whis, and the other Angels, simply have a MUCH higher power level than Beerus...
The “amount of ki” that they possess, is much, much higher than the “amount of ki” that Beerus possesses..

I hope that’s clear to you..

(No hard feelings.!)