Important reminder that UI and Hakai CANNOT be combined!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Important reminder that UI and Hakai CANNOT be combined!

Post by Thani » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:29 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:39 am I hope Vegeta returns to his Spirit Control training to maximize the potential of the technique Beerus is going to show him...and not stop using Instant Transmission just because Goku uses it.

I feel Goku should focus on martial arts, thus Ultra Instinct, and Vegeta should focus on being powerful, with both Spirit Control and Beerus' tech. This fits both characters well.
Oh, I doubt very much that Vegeta will keep his Spirit Training. It was just a plot device for Toyotaro to hype Vegeta a little bit, imo. In fact, the very moment we were shown that despite all his training Vegeta ONLY learned a SINGLE TECHNIQUE is the moment it became clear to me it was a one-time deal for him. It only served to make him vaguely stronger (despite he merely learning how to output his ki better as his teacher said, so he should just be using his full power better than before which indeed would make better feats) and give him a bullshit move designed to take down Moro - and I mean designed, it came out of nowhere, especially considering that the yardratians were never hinted before at being these supreme masters of ki control that feels like magic in the setting.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:45 am

That depends on how you feel about what Goku did to that rock.

(DB's most important rock.)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:04 pm

Cipher wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:45 am That depends on how you feel about what Goku did to that rock.

I completely forgot Goku used both UI and hakai, haha.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:04 pm
Cipher wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:45 am That depends on how you feel about what Goku did to that rock.

I completely forgot Goku used both UI and hakai, haha.
Hahaha that's right, I completely forgot as well!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Did he? When he commented about hakai he referenced his fight agains Zamas and not his most recent fight against Moro. He said he messed up that time, while he had no problem with the rock. Is it really the same technique?

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pm

I don't know if it's the same technique, it's certainly not addressed at all in the story or even in the scene itself, but the effects does seem awfully similar anyway.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:51 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 pm Did he? When he commented about hakai he referenced his fight agains Zamas and not his most recent fight against Moro. He said he messed up that time, while he had no problem with the rock. Is it really the same technique?
The Japanese dialogue in the Whis scene ends with a よな (yo na; “,huh” equivalent), and occurs after Goku sees the explosion produced by Beerus’ Hakai, so it’s just as likely the screw-up he’s referring to is not really having gotten everything the technique could do out of it. Otherwise there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of screwing up in its use against Zamasu. It does what it’s supposed to do, and Goku halts it because Zamasu grabs Mai.

Not saying he definitely hakai’d the rock. Just saying there’s still room for the idea that he did.

We await with bated breath which side of the rock-hakai debate the colorized edition will come down on.
Thani wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pm I don't know if it's the same technique, it's certainly not addressed at all in the story or even in the scene itself, but the effects does seem awfully similar anyway.
It is at the very least a distractingly similar way to draw it, if it’s not intended to actually be the technique.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:29 pm

Cipher wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:51 pm
Thani wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pm I don't know if it's the same technique, it's certainly not addressed at all in the story or even in the scene itself, but the effects does seem awfully similar anyway.
It is at the very least a distractingly similar way to draw it, if it’s not intended to actually be the technique.
Precisely. Although, to be sure, it didn't feel like he messed up that time as well, since he wasn't trying to kill Moro, just vaporize the rubble. Maybe Toyo forgot that as well?