If you could have ONE other universe help during the Moro Arc

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

If you could have ONE other universe help during the Moro Arc

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Who would it be? Jiren and pals? Champa's crew? The Trio de Dangers?

Inb4 "they'd just get copied!!1"

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: If you could have ONE other universe help during the Moro Arc

Post by Trouser » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:31 pm

U6 but only Hit. Others are trash boring.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:21 pm

The Pride Troopers would for sure curb every single one of Moro's goons with the exception of Saganbo and 7-3. Saganbo would be dealt with easily by either Jiren or Toppo, but 7-3 would be tricky because of his Moro backup - that said, Jiren could probably insta-beat 7-3 before he could do anything too dangerous.

Moro himself would be a problem. I think Jiren would be fast enough to dodge Moro's ki absorption much like Goku with UI Sign. I say this because a) he was able to dodge and hit Goku while in UIS and b) he managed to keep up in sheer speed with UI Goku, even if he was unable to land hits properly at first. I personally think he would be able to keep up with Moro through brute force alone for a time, at least untill Moro wears him down enough so his ki can be absorbed. After that it's all downhill from there. Moro 7-3 would, of course, exceed him in raw power, so I don't think he would be able to dodge the ki absorption (and while I think the battle itself would still be awesome to see, Jiren would still lose in the end).

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:49 am

Universe 2. I miss Ribrianne.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:14 am

I would like Hit to show up with a proper manga version of what he did to Geran in the anime: to cage him in a pocket dimension where he would have to be stronger to break free. Since Moro's hologram would not be able to hit anyone, and because he's not the one who's in control of Hit's pocket dimension, the latter could buy most fighters some time without Goku and Vegeta.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:56 am

Universe 10, just so Zamasu could come in and muck things up even further. Otherwise IDK, I actually preferred the focus on universe 7 this time around.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:10 am

Jiren, so i could see him take Moro's lunch money.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:12 pm

If another universe was going to be involved in the Moro arc, it would most likely be Universe 11. Jiren in particular would be used as a measuring stick and as a way to hype up, and maybe also power up, Moro. A previous main antagonist being used to hype up the current main antagonist isn't too uncommon in Dragon Ball, after all:
- Vegeta got directly dunked on by Frieza.
- Frieza was easily killed by Future Trunks, who in turn had no chance against 17 and 18.
- Dabura, who was stated to be on Cell's level, was almost effortlessly neutralised (cookie-fied...?) by Buu.
- Plenty of focus was given to Hit being defeated by Jiren in the ToP in both the manga and the anime.
A hypothetical "Jiren got his energy drained and was beaten by Moro" wouldn't have felt out of place on the list if it had happened. (Broly could also have been used with the same result.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:15 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:12 pm If another universe was going to be involved in the Moro arc, it would most likely be Universe 11. Jiren in particular would be used as a measuring stick and as a way to hype up, and maybe also power up, Moro. A previous main antagonist being used to hype up the current main antagonist isn't too uncommon in Dragon Ball, after all:
- Frieza was easily killed by Future Trunks, who in turn had no chance against 17 and 18.
- Dabura, who was stated to be on Cell's level, was almost effortlessly neutralised (cookie-fied...?) by Buu.
- Plenty of focus was given to Hit being defeated by Jiren in the ToP in both the manga and the anime.
A hypothetical "Jiren got his energy drained and was beaten by Moro" wouldn't have felt out of place on the list if it had happened. (Broly could also have been used with the same result.)
True, but then we'd never hear the end of "B-b-b-but Moro drained his energy! JIREN IS STRONGER!!1"

The eternal cycle continues. :lol:

I would have liked to see Hit so we could see how well his time abilities worked against Moro.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:49 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:15 pm
Alruneia wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:12 pm If another universe was going to be involved in the Moro arc, it would most likely be Universe 11. Jiren in particular would be used as a measuring stick and as a way to hype up, and maybe also power up, Moro. A previous main antagonist being used to hype up the current main antagonist isn't too uncommon in Dragon Ball, after all:
True, but then we'd never hear the end of "B-b-b-but Moro drained his energy! JIREN IS STRONGER!!1"

The eternal cycle continues. :lol:

I would have liked to see Hit so we could see how well his time abilities worked against Moro.
I guess it depends on which Moro. Elderly Moro? Probably would work. Prime Moro and beyond? Too strong for that.

I do think Prime Moro would beat Jiren with that strategy. Moro 7-3 is explicitly confirmed stronger, so he would either not need the spell or would use it in conjunction with his already stronger ki to secure his victory.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:14 pm

BWri wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:56 am Universe 10, just so Zamasu could come in and muck things up even further. Otherwise IDK, I actually preferred the focus on universe 7 this time around.
Don't. If Gowasu witnessed the battle against Moro, up to the point where Goku gave Moro the Senzu bean, he'd have realized Zamasu was right.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:38 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:14 pm
BWri wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:56 am Universe 10, just so Zamasu could come in and muck things up even further. Otherwise IDK, I actually preferred the focus on universe 7 this time around.
Don't. If Gowasu witnessed the battle against Moro, up to the point where Goku gave Moro the Senzu bean, he'd have realized Zamasu was right.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:54 pm

Thani wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:38 pm
It wasn't genocide really. It was more like pest control.

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:04 am

I am Gowasu. Gowasu is me.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:06 am

Universe 2 so that Moro could obliterate Ribrianne. Though if he copied her power he'd take it to even more annoying heights... Planet Moroobrianne is a terrifying thought.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:24 am

Universe 6. Put the Namekians in the spot light after watching watching their people be slaughtered. Have Kale be there and lose control so things go horribly wrong. Have Moro team up with Frost or hire Hit.