At What Point In Time Does This Movie Take Place In?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

At What Point In Time Does This Movie Take Place In?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 am

I am asking when does Dragon Ball Z: The Real 4-D at Super Tenkaichi Budokai take place during the events of Dragon Ball Super? As in does it take place after the Universe 6 Saga, the Copy-Vegeta Saga, and/or the Future Trunks Saga?

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: At What Point In Time Does This Movie Take Place In?

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:50 am

It doesn't fit anywhere within the timeline.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:20 am

It's not canon and doesn't fit in the timeline.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Come on guys answer the question in the spirit it was asked.

Usually you can tell roughly where non canon stuff was intended to fit, or at least where the series was when it was released.

You can usually get a range. Like anything with trunks is obviously post trunks saga.

Unfortunatly I'm not familiar with the story.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:52 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 pm Come on guys answer the question in the spirit it was asked.

Usually you can tell roughly where non canon stuff was intended to fit, or at least where the series was when it was released.

You can usually get a range. Like anything with trunks is obviously post trunks saga.

If you look at it that way, I guess you could say it takes place some time during Super because it has SSB, but it would have to be an alternate version of Super because it has SS3 OG Broly who doesn't fit into the canon timeline at all, and it has Freeza, but the movie was released between RoF and ToP when Freeza was supposed to be dead.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:05 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:52 pm
TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 pm Come on guys answer the question in the spirit it was asked.

If you look at it that way, I guess you could say it takes place some time during Super because it has SSB, but it would have to be an alternate version of Super because it has SS3 OG Broly who doesn't fit into the canon timeline at all, and it has Freeza, but the movie was released between RoF and ToP when Freeza was supposed to be dead.
Fourth Form Frieza had been defeated by Son Goku's Large Spirit Bomb or Super Spirit Bomb in Dragon Ball Z: The Real 4-D which took place many years before the events of Dragon Ball Z: The Real 4-D at Super Tenkaichi Budokai and Super Saiyan Berserker 3 Broly doesn't appear in Dragon Ball Z: The Real 4-D at Super Tenkaichi Budokai, but Super Saiyan Berserker God Broly.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:52 pm

Legendary Super Saiyan God Broly happens more or less after the Future Trunks Arc. It ended in January 29, 2017, while God Broly's movie was released in June 30, 2017, well into the Universe Survival arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:24 pm

It's just a fun 3D ride and nothing more. It's like asking if the T2-3D: Battle Across Time ride is canon to the Terminator timeline.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/