The Super Dragon Balls Never Having Been Created

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

The Super Dragon Balls Never Having Been Created

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:54 pm

If the Super Dragon Balls were never made and the original lore behind the Namekians and their very own versions of the Dragon Balls had been kept around and never changed, how much would this have changed the Dragon Ball Super Manga and Anime?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: The Super Dragon Balls Never Having Been Created

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:59 pm

If you removed the Super Dragon Balls from a show literally called "Dragon Ball: Super", you'd obviously end up with a very different show.

Off the top of my head:

- The U6 Tournament arc wouldn't exist, since that tournament was made over possession of the Super Dragon Balls;
- The Future Trunks arc wouldn't exist, since Zamasu was able to attain Goku's body and Immortality (which he needed for his plan) via the Super Dragon Balls;
- The ToP arc wouldn't exist, since Zeno got the idea of a multiversal tournament from watching the U6 Tournament.

So Yeah, if you took the Super out of Dragon Ball: Super, you'd end up with a very different and shorter show.

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: The Super Dragon Balls Never Having Been Created

Post by Jack Bz » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 pm

Goku and Vegeta would probably have just been training with Whis until Moro eventually broke out of prison and the galactic patrol comes to get boo. Who knows how that would have all went down (probably a lot worse unless for whatever reason they attack Moro as super saiyan blue straight away)