A long recap about power levels of DBS (Manga only)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: A long recap about power levels of DBS (Manga only)

Post by BWri » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:21 am

Cipher wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:22 am
I share your thought process on all of this. There are gulfs in the power tiers of SSB, CSSB and UI that are big enough to fit several other tiers into. Kefla and Gohan and fit comfortably in there somewhere. I completely forgot about the effects that power imbalance may have on a fusion. That alone could explain a lot.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:22 pm

BWri wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:21 pm There's a few clues to make Gohan = Kefla make sense. Kale herself doesn't scale up to the Full Power versions of Golden Frieza or SSB Goku for 1 as they both weren't treating her as a serious opponent (but I know that's too controversial for many of you to believe but the proof is there)
I don't think it needs to be controversial. Although the presentation may confuse some people, the statements make it clear where they fit into powerscaling. Golden Freeza says that he could defeat Kale if he fought seriously. Krillin says that Gohan could overcome Goku if he continued training (which means he was still weaker than him during ToP, which consequently already puts Kefla, Kale and Gohan himself at a level below the 3 strongest warriors in U7). And despite this being a power capable of putting some pressure on Blue tier characters, none of them openly acknowledges that they have surpassed that level.

And about fusion, it is stated that Kefla's movements were leagues above what they were doing pre-fusion and Kefla herself comments on having a lot of power. I believe that the power up was considerable but the gap between Kale and CSSB was greater than a merger with Caulifla (which had only the SSJ) could provide

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:29 pm

Nistarkail wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:10 pm Guys, I think that Piccolo in terms of abilities and strategic fight is far better than C-17, that personally I find boring. Your statements are true, and in fact I admit that the comparison between Piccolo and C-17 was really hard to calculate. We have to consider that Piccolo trained with Gohan (far superior to SSJ 3), while C-17 at maximum could improve against Mini-Cells (that surely jijittunever used Zenkai to power up).

But the real fact is that C-17 has an infinite amount of energy, and probably training by training he's arriving to the point to exploit his powerup at maximum. But yes, If we speak about quality, cyborgs are less technical prepared even iff compared to Yamcha, Krillin and Tien who invented techniques to overcome their low power levels.
Even with infinite energy, it wasn't enough to outperform Piccolo against Saganbo. Both androids were useless against Saganbo, and were pushed aside, while Gohan and Piccolo kept fighting until the end. Goku's quote about them being "barely recognizable" is another way of telling it.

And Android 18 should be close to equal to Android 17's level. They both managed to impress Moro with their full power attack and both were able to scratch him. It wouldn't make sense for Android 18 to still be as weak as in the ToP if she was able to perform such feat.

That means, the order is that Gohan is the strongest of them, followed by Piccolo, then below is Android 17, with Android 18 being close to her brother.

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:34 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:22 pm I don't think it needs to be controversial. Although the presentation may confuse some people, the statements make it clear where they fit into powerscaling. Golden Freeza says that he could defeat Kale if he fought seriously. Krillin says that Gohan could overcome Goku if he continued training (which means he was still weaker than him during ToP, which consequently already puts Kefla, Kale and Gohan himself at a level below the 3 strongest warriors in U7). And despite this being a power capable of putting some pressure on Blue tier characters, none of them openly acknowledges that they have surpassed that level.

And about fusion, it is stated that Kefla's movements were leagues above what they were doing pre-fusion and Kefla herself comments on having a lot of power. I believe that the power up was considerable but the gap between Kale and CSSB was greater than a merger with Caulifla (which had only the SSJ) could provide
Right! But you'd be surprised how many people just don't pick up on those details. I believe the opinions you and I share are those of a tiny minority. Super's presentation can often lead to confusion or ambiguity.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Nistarkail
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nistarkail » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:19 am

dragonball0900 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:29 pm
Nistarkail wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:10 pm Guys, I think that Piccolo in terms of abilities and strategic fight is far better than C-17, that personally I find boring. Your statements are true, and in fact I admit that the comparison between Piccolo and C-17 was really hard to calculate. We have to consider that Piccolo trained with Gohan (far superior to SSJ 3), while C-17 at maximum could improve against Mini-Cells (that surely jijittunever used Zenkai to power up).

But the real fact is that C-17 has an infinite amount of energy, and probably training by training he's arriving to the point to exploit his powerup at maximum. But yes, If we speak about quality, cyborgs are less technical prepared even iff compared to Yamcha, Krillin and Tien who invented techniques to overcome their low power levels.
Even with infinite energy, it wasn't enough to outperform Piccolo against Saganbo. Both androids were useless against Saganbo, and were pushed aside, while Gohan and Piccolo kept fighting until the end. Goku's quote about them being "barely recognizable" is another way of telling it.

And Android 18 should be close to equal to Android 17's level. They both managed to impress Moro with their full power attack and both were able to scratch him. It wouldn't make sense for Android 18 to still be as weak as in the ToP if she was able to perform such feat.

That means, the order is that Gohan is the strongest of them, followed by Piccolo, then below is Android 17, with Android 18 being close to her brother.
I read carefully your post and well, your explanation seemed to be accurate. I reviewed the post :) thanks, mate.