I think it’s about HIGH TIME to get out of Universe 7 once this Arc ends

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

I think it’s about HIGH TIME to get out of Universe 7 once this Arc ends

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:26 am

Do you agree?

I’ve never really had this desire until THIS Arc.. (With Granolah now being the absolute number 1 strongest warrior in Universe 7.) If Goku and Vegeta eventually reach his level or surpass him than there is literally no point or reason to have the next Arc take place in Universe 7 AGAIN.. After the Universal ToP Arc, We’ve had Broly, Moro, and now Granolah! That’s 3 Arcs in Universe 7!

(Now I’m not complaining about this. I actually DO like it and have preferred it that way..) But NOW I DO think it’s about high time to get out of here AFTER this Arc ends..

There’s so many universes to explore afterall!

I’m wondering what kind of powerful fighters the top 4 universes have in the Multiverse!

What do you think?

They can have one more Arc in Universe 7 still now because of the whole World Martial Arts Tournament thingy with Uub! And then after that, finally move on to the world beyond!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: I think it’s about HIGH TIME to get out of Universe 7 once this Arc ends

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:47 pm

If Granolah remains the strongest person in the universe after the arc ends, I guess they won't have a choice but to introduce villains from other universes, but I have a feeling that won't happen. I think Goku and Vegeta will help Granolah find the Super Dragon Balls to bring back the Cerealians and restore Granolah to normal so he has more than three years to spend with his old friends and family. I can also picture Vegeta saying he had planned to use the Super Dragon Balls to bring back the good Saiyans, but he will have to save that wish for another time.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:48 pm

I like it taking place in one universe. The multiverse is confusing.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 pm

Peach wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:48 pm I like it taking place in one universe. The multiverse is confusing.
I do too. But we’ve just had 3 Arcs in Universe 7 in a row.

And now that Granolah has become the universe’s number 1 warrior, there is no reason for them to suddenly somehow bring in an even stronger fighter in Universe 7 next Arc. It should end with Granolah or whoever overtakes him in this Arc.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:16 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 pm And now that Granolah has become the universe’s number 1 warrior,
Yeah, until Ultra Instinct Hakaishin Gogeta is born. :)

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:41 pm

They probably want to milk Universe 7 completely dry before exploring other universes. Maybe they will even stretch this untill we reach EoZ.
But maybe from that perspective it would have made more sense if they'd brought us the Broly, Moro and Granolah arcs before U6, Zamasu and TOP, only to expand outwards to other universes straight after TOP. Moreover it would have given these U7-tied antagonists and characters a slightly more realistic power scaling.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:08 pm

I'd rather get to the EoZ first. But yeah, u7 is boring and overused.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

SaiyanCosmos

Post by SaiyanCosmos » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:41 pm

I'm honestly surprised they haven't done the U6 Sadala arc yet, ever since it was mentioned by Cabba in the U6/U7 tournament. Seeing as how Vegeta is taking personal responsibility for the sins of the U7 Saiyans, it might be interesting to see how Vegeta reacts to the U6 Saiyans, who were never evil and instead fought for good.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 pm

I don't really care about goten and trunks ... I prefer that goku and company explore other universes

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:54 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:16 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 pm And now that Granolah has become the universe’s number 1 warrior,
Impossible state.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:56 am

Mister_Popo wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:41 pm They probably want to milk Universe 7 completely dry before exploring other universes. Maybe they will even stretch this untill we reach EoZ.
But maybe from that perspective it would have made more sense if they'd brought us the Broly, Moro and Granolah arcs before U6, Zamasu and TOP, only to expand outwards to other universes straight after TOP. Moreover it would have given these U7-tied antagonists and characters a slightly more realistic power scaling.
I think this is the best choice indeed. I would’ve done the same.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:24 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:54 am
Impossible state.
Idk, I think fusion might make it possible, we'll have to wait and see what happens :) I could picture Gogeta going in and out of UI to dodge and move like Goku did while fighting Moro, then use Hakai to attack

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:18 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:24 am
Impossible state.
Idk, I think fusion might make it possible, we'll have to wait and see what happens :) I could picture Gogeta going in and out of UI to dodge and move like Goku did while fighting Moro, then use Hakai to attack
Flickering between UI and Hakai is something different from being in both states simultaneously. Switching between these forms is certainly possible for Vegito/Gogeta, once Goku and Vegeta have fully mastered their respective techniques, but having them both activated at the same time is not possible. They requier 2 totally opposite mental states to activate.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:50 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Impossible state.
Flickering between UI and Hakai is something different from being in both states simultaneously. Switching between these forms is certainly possible for Vegito/Gogeta, once Goku and Vegeta have fully mastered their respective techniques, but having them both activated at the same time is not possible. They requier 2 totally opposite mental states to activate.
I still think it might be possible if Gogeta contains two different minds. The story has never really gone into detail on how fusion works, but if they maintain seperate minds internally and have an inner dialouge with each other when deciding what to do, Gogeta might be able to use both techniques at the same time. Goku's half could decide when to move, and Vegeta's half could decide when to attack and use hakai
Last edited by UpFromTheSkies on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:56 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:50 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:18 pm
I still think it might be possible if Gogeta contains two different minds. The story has never really gone into detail on how fusion works, but if they maintain seperate minds internally and have an inner dialouge with each other when deciding what to do, Gogeta might be able to use both techniques at the same time. Goku's half could decide when to move, and Vegeta's half could decide when to attack and use hakai
This stuff goes deep.. It’s a nice theory you got there, but it seems more likely to me that as Vegito or Gogeta, both Goku and Vegeta are “thinking as one”, so that they both must mimick eachother and think the exact same thoughts, afterall, Vegito or Gogeta is just ONE resulting being😉 It might be nice for either Toriyama or Toyotaro to clear this up at some point in the future.

When Vegito or Gogeta do anything at all or make any decision at all, both Goku and Vegeta will be aware of it, experience the same thing, go through the same mental patterns, and they must both consent to it aswell. It only seems logical to me that they must both “be one” and therefore have the exact same thoughts.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 pm

SaiyanCosmos wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:41 pm I'm honestly surprised they haven't done the U6 Sadala arc yet, ever since it was mentioned by Cabba in the U6/U7 tournament.
I don't think they're really interested in world-building when you get right down to it, especially if it doesn't advance the plot. We haven't even seen hide nor hair of U6 Earth even though it was the focus of the first tournament we had in Super. Unless they can link the next big universe ending threat to it, I'm not sure we'll be exploring anything :roll:
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Impossible state.
But I do agree that it would be cool to see a Base Gogeta or Base Vegito with Ultra Instinct and Hakai indeed😃😀 I could see that be the case in their Base forms more easily. I mean, combining the two at different instances wouldn’t really be noticable😃 As Vegito or Gogeta would be using Ultra Instinct almost all the time in a fight, and when he decides to use the Hakai, he’d likely stand or hover still for a moment to perform the attack xD meaning he could easily have his UI turned off for that specific moment to get into destruction mode with his mind!😉

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:48 pm

It would be odd if they bring all of the Universes for nothing. I think they will likely go to Universe 6 later down the line.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Thu May 06, 2021 5:37 am

I have no issue with arcs taking place in Universe 7. After Namek was introduced, how many arcs took place there?

Dragon Ball introduces things that are needed for the story, then they take a backseat, its always been the way. The multiverse is fine and all but we don't NEED anything to happen with it. As long as there are interesting stories to tell, the location is irrelevant.

I mean, looking back i have no problem with the original series having all their arcs based in universe 7.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu May 06, 2021 8:59 am

Who says they might not visit Universe 6 in this arc. Doubt it, but honestly this arc could go to a lot of different areas. Who says that Granolah interacting with Sadala won't happen or something like that. Again huuuuuuuge doubt but maybe at some point in the arc.