What is your opinion on Babidi’s spaceship?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

What is your opinion on Babidi’s spaceship?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:11 pm

And the concept behind it, aswell the fact that the fights actually took place in there, with different stages to go through? What do you think about the design of the different rooms and stages of the ship and how it all works?

I really like it!

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What is your opinion on Babidi’s spaceship?

Post by Thani » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:23 pm

Never thought it actually looked like a city-sized alien rocket ship. Weird, but in a good way.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:43 pm

Pretty good spaceship, imo.

(The fact that the diagram gives us rooms we never even directly see is fun world-building too.)

Probably the number one spaceship we never see fully from the outside in DB. Also maybe the only one.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:32 am

I like it. It feels like a better version of Muscle Tower from the RRA arc. Both feel kinda video game-y, what with how the heroes ascend/descend through the levels fighting gimmicky opponents on each floor, but the fact that Babidi's ship is this massive complex buried underground is a bit more visually interesting than a big tower in the middle of nowhere (I always question why Goku couldn't just climb the outside of it?) Plus, Babidi changing the environment with magic was a nice touch.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:55 am

I always wanted to see it in action, the FT arc was a missed oportunity to see the ship in its full glory, out of the ground, maybe flying or something, it looks like it's huge.
Toriyama loves drawing tech stuff with a lot of details, so I wonder if he ever draw a sketch of the outside of the ship.

I also wonder if the ship was under ground on that particular spot because that's where the Buu egg was, so instead of moving it, they just landed "around" it.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:53 am

My favourite thing about babidis spaceship is there is an entrance at the top, two at the bottom, and then just like... Well... Its only gonna land one of two ways up, deal with it.