So I Guess "Super Ultra Instinct" Is Next For Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

So I Guess "Super Ultra Instinct" Is Next For Goku?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:09 am

We all know its coming. Goku has been told that simply wielding UI is not his final goal and that he can improve from there. Given all the forms he has ever obtained and the variations that were possible, a "Super Ultra Instinct" seems like the obvious next step. What exactly would the basis be for it though? More God Ki? Additional fine tuning of UI moves? Angel Power? What?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: So I Guess "Super Ultra Instinct" Is Next For Goku?

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:28 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:09 am Additional fine tuning of UI moves?
I guess something close to it, perhaps making use of weapons or creating new techniques. I don’t think he would go the more god power route, since this is not what Whis and Merus recommend to make the most use of Ultra Instinct. Instead, Whis suggests Goku to not try to steal his techniques and dive into his own path.

I would like to see how Goku would fight if he had his old power pole in hand. That would be such a nice way to convey his new strength and honor his childhood memories.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:28 am
theherodjl wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:09 am Additional fine tuning of UI moves?
I guess something close to it, perhaps making use of weapons or creating new techniques. I don’t think he would go the more god power route, since this is not what Whis and Merus recommend to make the most use of Ultra Instinct. Instead, Whis suggests Goku to not try to steal his techniques and dive into his own path.

I would like to see how Goku would fight if he had his old power pole in hand. That would be such a nice way to convey his new strength and honor his childhood memories.
Maybe precognition with UI then. It would certainly help since Goku has a historically-bad habit of allowing villains to achieve their maximum power and/or given them enough room to successfully implement a new tactic, all because Goku has zero foresight when he lets his guard down and because he has a difficult time understanding the psychology of a villain.
Goku needs a spider-sense bad. :D
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Didn't Whis state he is only at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to MUI?
More than probably he will achieve a more perfected state by enhanced training, that more ressembles the state / combat tier of the real angels, rather than a mortal that has just mastered its basics. It's probably the same as with god-ki. Learning god-ki does not grant being as strong as the actual gods. Far frome. A more training needs to be done in order to achieve this.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:42 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:09 am We all know its coming. Goku has been told that simply wielding UI is not his final goal and that he can improve from there. Given all the forms he has ever obtained and the variations that were possible, a "Super Ultra Instinct" seems like the obvious next step. What exactly would the basis be for it though? More God Ki? Additional fine tuning of UI moves? Angel Power? What?
You do realize that this revelation simply means that there is no longer any NEED for a further power increase by stacking Super Saiyan on top of it, right???!

If Goku’s “technique” of UI can still increase by whole orders of magnitude, all the way up to the Grand Priest’s level, and possibly beyond, then there’s literally no NEED for an old fashioned “power level/ki increase” by going Super Saiyan on top of it. It would be respectless towards the UI state in general and what it stands for. It seems you (and many other people) hadn’t thought this through yet.

I myself was guilty of making the same mistake you did, and making threads about the possibility of a “Super UI”.. But that was BEFORE the revelations of Chapter 68 came out, where Whis revealed that the technique itself of UI can be improved.. Prior to that, we all believed that Whis simply had a much higher power level than Goku and the Grand Priest even higher than Whis’ (while all of them having the same level of mastery over UI ofcourse.)