The key now is “CONSISTENCY” and especially “NON ABANDONMENT” from Toyotaro.. (As we’ve seen this gone to waste before)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

The key now is “CONSISTENCY” and especially “NON ABANDONMENT” from Toyotaro.. (As we’ve seen this gone to waste before)

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:42 pm

If Toyotaro seriously wants to go the route of another “Godly Base Saiyan”.. Then he has to stick with it! And not abandon and retcon it like Toei did in the Universe 6 Arc in the Anime... (with Base Saiyan Beyond God, and SSJ Blue being SSJ1 permanently.) They retconned that and brought the original Super Saiyan forms back again. And hence the “Base Saiyan Beyond God” form went out of the window! Because transformations sell and make a better story..

However... Toyotaro DOES seem like the guy who can actually more consistently stick to an idea or concept.. (As he’s just one man and doesn’t have whole corporations behind him pushing for new forms and what not.)

Now if Goku is going to get the FULL power and ability of the silver haired form in Base.. Then there is literally no need for the previous UI “forms” or even the God forms. Heck God forms are themselves ultimately combinations made of contingent parts, hence have no reality by themselves! I.e. SSJ God and Blue CANNOT be combined with UI!

However.. Super Saiyan can...! And this is what I also wanted to talk about here.. If UI becomes Goku’s new Base state, then stacking regular Super Saiyan on top of it, (“SSJ1”), then it would automatically change, just like it did in Resurrection F into SSJ Blue! Due to his God Essence now... Now what I would love to see is a SSJ White form!

Because it would be really BORING if Goku kept using his old SSJ1-3, God and Blue forms inside UI!

What do you guys think?

Do you think Toyotaro will be able to STICK with Base UI Goku???! Or will he retcon it again just like Toei did???!

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The key now is “CONSISTENCY” and especially “NON ABANDONMENT” from Toyotaro.. (As we’ve seen this gone to waste befo

Post by FlpShimizu » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:06 am

That could work with these last bits of info from Whis. Maybe they'll keep him in base and we'll only get silver hair when Goku's in full power.

They can always promote the other Super Saiyan forms through Trunks, Goten, Kale, etc. So yeah, adopting base as beyond God now is a good idea.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: The key now is “CONSISTENCY” and especially “NON ABANDONMENT” from Toyotaro.. (As we’ve seen this gone to waste befo

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:03 am

UI is a technique, not a form, it has to do with how the body moves, not how much power it has, so when mastered Goku should be able to use it in combination with any form. The silver transformation is just something Goku currently has to do to unlock UI, but they're not the same thing, so I think that transformation will probably get a new name.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:25 am

I am talking about the regular Super Saiyan 1 form here.. (Not any OTHER Super Saiyan or God Form...) If Goku has the full ability/technique of UI in Base form.. That silver haired transformation would be totally useless, and hence would cease to exist! It cannot be its own thing either! Since the form’s look, literally results from the UI technique/mindset of Goku.

So it has to go.

Only Base and SSJ1 should be used from now on!

UI-induced Base form + SSJ1 = SSJ White!

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:44 am

Oh God I hope this isn't the case.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 am

Thani wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:44 am Oh God I hope this isn't the case.
What is?

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:53 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:03 am UI is a technique, not a form, it has to do with how the body moves, not how much power it has, so when mastered Goku should be able to use it in combination with any form. The silver transformation is just something Goku currently has to do to unlock UI, but they're not the same thing, so I think that transformation will probably get a new name.
Is this really how it works? If so, I would be more of a fan of UI. I don't think the story is presenting it this way though or has explained it how you've explained it. Perhaps I've read it wrong.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:56 pm

BWri wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:53 am
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:03 am UI is a technique, not a form, it has to do with how the body moves, not how much power it has, so when mastered Goku should be able to use it in combination with any form. The silver transformation is just something Goku currently has to do to unlock UI, but they're not the same thing, so I think that transformation will probably get a new name.
Is this really how it works? If so, I would be more of a fan of UI. I don't think the story is presenting it this way though or has explained it how you've explained it. Perhaps I've read it wrong.
Both Merus and Whis speaks of the Sign and Silver-Haired state of UI as if they knew it intimately, so it can't be just a saiyan thing. Well, the chapter will explain it better, I hope.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:48 am

BWri wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:53 am
That's how Whis is currently explaining it. Goku can learn to use UI in any form, even base, and the stamina draining silver hair transformation should only be used as a last resort.