Could Current Base Goku & Vegeta Survive The Z Gauntlet?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Could Current Base Goku & Vegeta Survive The Z Gauntlet?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Just in their base forms, would Goku & Vegeta(as of the Granolah arc) be able to handle the entirety of the Z-era villains if they all showed up to Earth one day and sought revenge on the duo?

This includes...
Raditz(lol)
Nappa
The 6 Saibamen
Garlic Jr and his movie/filler minions
Cui
Dodoria
Zarbon
Appule
The Ginyu Force
Dr. Wheelo
Tullece(with ToM fruit) + his minions
Slug + his minions
Cooler
Salza's team
Androids 13, 14, and 15(Super 13)
OG Broly
Hatchiyack
Super Perfect Cell
Bojack and his gang
Bio Broly
Janemba
Hirudegarn
Boohan

Could they pull it off?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Could Current Base Goku & Vegeta Survive The Z Gauntlet?

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:26 pm

I think we can safely say that during DBS they have surpassed Freeza's level on Namek - and SS - in their base form and by now they have gone even further. No matter how much one think they've improved during the period the anime also covered, after the Moro arc they definitely have made some big gains.
So, lowballing a lot:
theherodjl wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:55 pm
Cooler (I guess around mid-Super they've been able to beat Cooler in base)
Super 13 (I think they can take the android while still supressed but at the same time being extremely focused)
OG Broly (I think they can put up a great fight but still lose. Perhaps through will power, technique and expertise, they can do what Goku did to SS2 Caulifla in the anime. They would win easily if they fought together)

Super Perfect Cell (I believe here's where they start to fall behind, maybe they can get a lucky shot though. Together they win easily)
Bojack and his gang (They win this one after a hell of a fight)
Janemba (They lose on their own and together)
Hirudegarn (They die)
Boohan (They die)

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:27 pm

Depends on the current chapter 71's content, but, as a rule of thumb, up until this point, they're not vastly stronger than their normal selves in the Z era. What they do have is godly forms.

However, it appears that Goku might be able to use Ultra Instinct in base, with Vegeta doing the same with Hakai. That would change things, depending on how it's portrayed. But as of now, as far as sheer power goes, both Goku and Vegeta stops hard at Cooler (assuming it's his evolved final form, that is). Goku could pull Kaioken to get a victory over Cooler tho, but it shouldn't get him past the androids, let alone OG Broly.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:32 pm

What's the strongest opponent they challenged and successfully handled in the manga? I read how base Goku was able to remain conscious whereas the Kaioshins fainted from Rumsshi's Battle Roar during the expose match in the TOP arc. Both he and Vegeta have only been getting stronger since.

I want to say that they could firmly handle anything in the SSJ2 tier column of Z. SSJ3 is also quite likely but I would have to draw the line somewhere around Janemba. Gotenks, Gohan and above would be too much if you ask me. Keep in mind that I'm basing this largely on the implication of base Goku from the TOP arc being superior to Shin who you could argue was at least comparable to the Cell Games Super Saiyans.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:10 pm

It will depend on whether they fight someone known to be stronger than those villains. Up until now, Goku only defeated someone stronger than Roshi and Krillin, and Vegeta defeated a Zarbon’s relative. If we are to believe Ultra Instinct and Destruction will boost them significantly, it would be better to give them a remarkable challenge.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Lionel wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:32 pm What's the strongest opponent they challenged and successfully handled in the manga? I read how base Goku was able to remain conscious whereas the Kaioshins fainted from Rumsshi's Battle Roar during the expose match in the TOP arc. Both he and Vegeta have only been getting stronger since.

I want to say that they could firmly handle anything in the SSJ2 tier column of Z. SSJ3 is also quite likely but I would have to draw the line somewhere around Janemba. Gotenks, Gohan and above would be too much if you ask me. Keep in mind that I'm basing this largely on the implication of base Goku from the TOP arc being superior to Shin who you could argue was at least comparable to the Cell Games Super Saiyans.
Well, RoF film is canon to the manga so they are much stronger than Kaioshins since Freeza was SS1 tier in his final form at the ToP.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:41 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:10 pm
Lionel wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:32 pm What's the strongest opponent they challenged and successfully handled in the manga? I read how base Goku was able to remain conscious whereas the Kaioshins fainted from Rumsshi's Battle Roar during the expose match in the TOP arc. Both he and Vegeta have only been getting stronger since.

Well, RoF film is canon to the manga so they are much stronger than Kaioshins since Freeza was SS1 tier in his final form at the ToP.
Well sure, if the film is considered then everything from Z and SSJG from the BOG arc is put down without issue. You have some pretty significant implications about where others rank in this case, though. It would imply that everyone from base Cabba and up are stronger than anything Z has to offer.

Soldierofficial
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soldierofficial » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:13 am

Now that Goku and Vegeta can use UI and Hakai without transforming there is no doubt that they are >>>> anything in DBZ.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:33 am

theherodjl wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:55 pm Just in their base forms, would Goku & Vegeta(as of the Granolah arc) be able to handle the entirety of the Z-era villains if they all showed up to Earth one day and sought revenge on the duo?

This includes...
Raditz(lol)
Nappa
The 6 Saibamen
Garlic Jr and his movie/filler minions
Cui
Dodoria
Zarbon
Appule
The Ginyu Force
Dr. Wheelo
Tullece(with ToM fruit) + his minions
Slug + his minions
Cooler
Salza's team
Androids 13, 14, and 15(Super 13)
OG Broly
Hatchiyack
Super Perfect Cell
Bojack and his gang
Bio Broly
Janemba
Hirudegarn
Boohan

Could they pull it off?
So in the stupid anime where they are god in base they clear.
If you believe in 2 base or a retcon then maybe they stop at cooler as of BoG. But they've trained a lot since then... I guess they stop somewhere between super 13 and boohan.

In the manga pre Moro they stop at cooler and post Moro we have no way of knowing but I don't see them stronger then Super 13, deffo not cell.

We have no feats other than Goku beating a guy Ten, Yamcha and Chaozu couldn't beat but he could do that before Moro arc training...

Their base doesn't need to get much stronger for the insane SSj, red and blue multipliers to make a difference.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am

I don't know if is indicative of how Goku thinks his base form can deal with android 17's level of power from Z, but when he goes to meet him, he tries to fight him in base and does so for a moment until he is overwhelmed, instead of going SS.
I assume he thought 17 probably hadn't gotten much stronger, but still, trying to fight him in base, could imply that if 17 had not gotten stronger at all, he feels SS wouldn't be needed. Or it could be an outlier, because there isn't much to go on about their base forms.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:05 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am I don't know if is indicative of how Goku thinks his base form can deal with android 17's level of power from Z, but when he goes to meet him, he tries to fight him in base and does so for a moment until he is overwhelmed, instead of going SS.
I assume he thought 17 probably hadn't gotten much stronger, but still, trying to fight him in base, could imply that if 17 had not gotten stronger at all, he feels SS wouldn't be needed. Or it could be an outlier, because there isn't much to go on about their base forms.
Definitely an outlier, just like he tried to fight "Monaka" in base, when he thought that Monaka was the strongest foe Beerus ever fought. Goku likes to starts things slow and then work up for it.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:33 pm

The base saiyans (in the manga) are a mystery to place.

However, there's one point in which Base Goku was able to outperform Kaioshin during the GoD Exhibition Match before the ToP, which makes it seem as if ToP Base Saiyans are above Kaioshin, who must be around Cell Games MSSJ Goku level. ToP Base Saiyans are probably at least around Perfect Cell level based on this logic.

As for Current Base Goku and Vegeta (Post Merus training), it will all depend on how much stronger they got. In my opinion, their training gains were incredibly big (although some may heavily disagree). I would put Current Base Goku and Vegeta above even Super Buu and Buu Saga Ultimate Gohan, but still weaker than Buutenks and Buuhan.

Then again, all of this is if we take the Base Goku and Kaioshin comparison scene seriously.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 pm

I think that particular instance should be interpreted as anyone below SSG level would be affected by Rumoshi’s roar. Goku and Toppo and the other Gods of Destruction felt the same effect, while the angels felt nothing at all.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:47 pm

I'm willing to bet they could clear, but if you throw Super Vegetto and his superior forms in they may not.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!