How would you feel about Vegeta getting a new form in the next chapters?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How would you feel about Vegeta getting a new form in the next chapters?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:11 pm

A new form for Vegeta has been highly speculated since he started training to learn Hakai. Partly because another technique of the Gods (Ultra Instinct) also has a related transformation and partly because the anime featured a GoD form for Toppo (with the main focus being Hakai). We don't know how the fight against Granolah will unfold, but what would you think if that happened? And how would you design it? Purple hair as has been theorized (because of the Ki color for the GoDs in the anime), or just subtle changes without changing hair color (aura, eyes)?

A new form doesn't really seem necessary, but considering Goku's long-term path seems to be focusing only on UI (possibly until the end of Super), it seems fitting for Vegeta to get a ultimate form that also represents the path he's following (maybe until the end of the series too, who knows) Although I like it, SSBE at the moment doesn't seem to have this "final transformation" feeling and when it comes to power-scaling, it is way behind even Omen's state in terms of power boost provided (although Vegeta surpassed Goku in that form using SSBE in the last arc, doesn't seem to be a transformation to keep up with him for so long)

Krillin1994
Regular

Re: How would you feel about Vegeta getting a new form in the next chapters?

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:43 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:11 pm A new form for Vegeta has been highly speculated since he started training to learn Hakai. Partly because another technique of the Gods (Ultra Instinct) also has a related transformation and partly because the anime featured a GoD form for Toppo (with the main focus being Hakai). We don't know how the fight against Granolah will unfold, but what would you think if that happened? And how would you design it? Purple hair as has been theorized (because of the Ki color for the GoDs in the anime), or just subtle changes without changing hair color (aura, eyes)?

A new form doesn't really seem necessary, but considering Goku's long-term path seems to be focusing only on UI (possibly until the end of Super), it seems fitting for Vegeta to get a ultimate form that also represents the path he's following (maybe until the end of the series too, who knows) Although I like it, SSBE at the moment doesn't seem to have this "final transformation" feeling and when it comes to power-scaling, it is way behind even Omen's state in terms of power boost provided (although Vegeta surpassed Goku in that form using SSBE in the last arc, doesn't seem to be a transformation to keep up with him for so long)
I honestly think with the UI Retcon it will lead to them being able to carry on the norm with Goku and Vegeta having the same transformations but just using different techniques down the line.

But admittedly Whis did say the line about Goku transforming into that silver haired UI form in a pinch. So perhaps before the reset to the norm of new non unique forms, then Vegeta could have something to equalise them until then.

Though I kinda feel the techniques are the main focus, so wouldn't be holding my breath for a transformation.

I am trying to speculate on what sort of name could be used in the event of a new transformation. Saiyan Destroyer sounds pretty cool in my mind haha.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:28 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:43 pm I honestly think with the UI Retcon it will lead to them being able to carry on the norm with Goku and Vegeta having the same transformations but just using different techniques down the line.

But admittedly Whis did say the line about Goku transforming into that silver haired UI form in a pinch. So perhaps before the reset to the norm of new non unique forms, then Vegeta could have something to equalise them until then.

Though I kinda feel the techniques are the main focus, so wouldn't be holding my breath for a transformation.

I am trying to speculate on what sort of name could be used in the event of a new transformation. Saiyan Destroyer sounds pretty cool in my mind haha.
Yes, I also think that techniques will be the focus. But at least in the case of Ultra Instinct, this technique initially made its debut as a form for Goku, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with Vegeta.

Tbh, I like the concept of Vegeta pushing his Saiyan lineage to the limit while Goku focuses more on the martial arts aspect with Ultra Instinct. But at this point with Vegeta learning Hakai I don't think of another Saiyan form for him to obtain, and the power of a GoD will probably be the main focus for some time.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 pm

I'd prefer aura and eyes, but that's definitely what I'd want from all forms going forward. If the hair had to be changed, I actually wouldn't mind purple for Vegeta. I kinda always thought his SSB hair should have always been purple to match his Galick Gun ki. I was hoping that the hair color would be more tied to their ... IDK, affinity or something, like Goku with blue and Vegeta with purple, etc. Black kinda gave us something like this with his mutated/corrupted godly Rose.

Anyways, yeah, repurpose that idea and give Vegeta the purple hair. Or even give him the full anime Toppo treatment and go dramatic by darkening the skin, giving him glowing purple eyes, an aura of destruction, and weird body symbols. God Toppo was cool 8)

I just think, if Vegeta is going to be a proper secondary protagonist, that he needs something substantial to separate him from Goku, something drastic, or else I feel there's no reason to have him in every arc.

**Also, I'd prefer if we stuck to techniques and started using states instead of spamming forms.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:07 pm

I think a new form akin to Toppo’s transformation in the anime is likely. Right now SSBE can only rival Goku’s Sign state. If Vegeta is being designed to rival Goku, I think he needs a form that can rival the silver-haired version of Ultra Instinct.

Besides, in Super Saiyan forms, their emotions are all over the top, so even if they can use Destruction or Ultra Instinct on some capacity, like Goku did in Super Saiyan Blue, they can’t extract the best out of those techniques, which they can only do when they achieved a specific state of mind.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:33 pm

I would not feel good about it. I'm on the let-it-just-be-a-technique wagon, it really shouldn't activate a new form, but I can totally see some external change happening. Purple eyes and purple hair would not look good to me, but I could be ok with some purple aura making the hair look purple, like kaioken makes the hair look red.

If there must be a new form, I really want Vegeta to master the ikari form. Reject rainbow, return to monke. Same hair, yellow eyes, bulkier physique. We know you can turn SS by experiencing an emotional trauma or the back thingy, so maybe there's a backdoor, too, for the ohzaru form, and this particular mindset he's been taught could be the key.
I don't want the ikari form to be Broly exclusive, because is not even a final form, it's a saiyan thing that should be attainable for a saiyan as experienced as Vegeta.

Maybe I've overlooked it, but a new form wasn't really hinted at, it seems Vegeta has a new toy that has made him stronger more than having something else up his sleeve.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:44 pm

BWri wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 pm I just think, if Vegeta is going to be a proper secondary protagonist, that he needs something substantial to separate him from Goku, something drastic, or else I feel there's no reason to have him in every arc.
I feel like that’s what they’ve been trying to do for the past two arcs, with Spirit control and now Hakai. Whether this will result in a actual transformation that separates him from Goku's Ultra Instinct we don't know yet, but they definitely took two different paths
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:33 pm I would not feel good about it. I'm on the let-it-just-be-a-technique wagon, it really shouldn't activate a new form, but I can totally see some external change happening. Purple eyes and purple hair would not look good to me, but I could be ok with some purple aura making the hair look purple, like kaioken makes the hair look red.

Maybe I've overlooked it, but a new form wasn't really hinted at, it seems Vegeta has a new toy that has made him stronger more than having something else up his sleeve.
Considering the manga's approach with transformations, I was actually thinking about the possibility of a hypothetical new form being essentially just SSBE, but with the color of the aura / eyes / hair changed because of the use of Hakai, which on top of this would provide a power boost too. It would not be exactly a new form, but still something distinct.

And indeed a new transformation hasn't really been hinted so far, it's just that seeing how Dragon Ball's powerscaling works, it seems likely for a new form to be introduced on top of a technique because the user's raw strength also needs to increase and the technique alone usually doesn't make up for it.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:48 pm

I think and hope that the earring will serve the role of the speculated transformation. SSB is the pinnacle of the saiyajin power; Gokuu abandoned it for a martial arts path, and Vegeta abandoned that path to follow his own while getting a boost in that form. Vegeta is whom the form is more fitting to (thematically and personality wise), and the only user now.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:48 am

pepd wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:48 pm I think and hope that the earring will serve the role of the speculated transformation. SSB is the pinnacle of the saiyajin power; Gokuu abandoned it for a martial arts path, and Vegeta abandoned that path to follow his own while getting a boost in that form. Vegeta is whom the form is more fitting to (thematically and personality wise), and the only user now.
As was Oozaru, then SSJ1, SSJ1 G2, then MSSJ1 then SSJ2, then SSJ3, then SSG then SSB, then CSSB point being there's always a new pinnacle of Saiyan power and even CSSB isn't the pinnacle if we're including the god forms. UI has now been split into 1/2 technique and 1/2 form. The white haired form is what Goku uses to properly wield UI. So currently, the white haired form is the (current) peak of Saiyan power since its an extension of the god forms.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:23 am

This is ALL that’s on my mind right now... I am literally DISGUSTED by that ugly SSBE form of his... (And I have been screaming for a new form/RECOLOR! for years!) Ever since he first achieved it during the ToP in the Anime..

I can perfectly stomach it for a temporary “in between” powerup, just like the ascended SSJ forms of the Cell Arc.. But NOT as a Final form... It’s not an end all be all “form” that Goku’s silver haired UI is.. It doesn’t feel “final” because it literally isn’t.. It’s just another “ascension” of a previous stage and it doesn’t have that end feel to it, what’s more, even worse, it’s a certain color of Blue! Which again, doesn’t appear final.

However, if he were to get a Purple haired form.. It WOULD feel final and at last have a sense of finality, as it represents the Hakaishin’s destroyer aura.... (Which are more or less on an equal footing with the Angels’ UI technique.)

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:55 am

BWri wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:48 am
pepd wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:48 pm I think and hope that the earring will serve the role of the speculated transformation. SSB is the pinnacle of the saiyajin power**; Gokuu abandoned it for a martial arts path, and Vegeta abandoned that path to follow his own while getting a boost in that form. Vegeta is whom the form is more fitting to (thematically and personality wise), and the only user now.
As was Oozaru, then SSJ1, SSJ1 G2, then MSSJ1 then SSJ2, then SSJ3, then SSG then SSB, then CSSB point being there's always a new pinnacle of Saiyan power and even CSSB isn't the pinnacle if we're including the god forms. UI has now been split into 1/2 technique and 1/2 form. The white haired form is what Goku uses to properly wield UI. So currently, the white haired form is the (current) peak of Saiyan power since its an extension of the god forms.
**SS or saiyajin-specific power

The way of improving the SS path of <SS1; SS3] has been abandoned in favor of simply evolving the form without new transformations.
CCSB is just the complete SSB; SSB will keep improving, but is pretty much established as the final form of the SS path, not for nothing was meant to be its replacement.
--------

Anyway, Vegeta got major power boost from SSBe and Yardrat, and still is unlikely he will surpass Gokuu. I don't know if that power increment would require or be worthy of a new form if a Hakai form is used on top of SSB; and I don't think it will replace the SS path the same way MnG did, not just because it would throw all the SS evolution and abandon SS, but because is not incompatible with SS. Also, hakai doesn't seem to represent a fundamental change in the mental state or other aspect.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:08 am

I've been waiting for a SSJ Purple for a long time since it's the only color that the Saiyans have yet to incorporate into their forms.
Ordinary SSJ is usually yellow, gold, white-yellow, and sometimes a shade of orange. SSJG & SSJ4 got red down. SSJB obviously is blue. Finally, Broly has green in his LSSJ form. That just leaves purple in this rainbow train.
I think the name "Royal SSJ" would be a good fit for Vegeta's transformation given his strong sense of pride in his heritage as well as his position among the Saiyans.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:18 am

Um, no thanks. If he is going to get new transformation, he should attain UI. No more new hair recolors please... :thumbdown: Or leave him with Blue with purple Hakai aura (something like Blue aura trapped inside Kaioken aura).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:31 am

I doubt that they will introduce a new recolor for Vegeta in a black and white manga. And I cannot think of a single way to make an unique looking form for Vegeta which works in the manga, besides giving him either Broly’s rage form or Super Saiyan 4. But I think that Toyotaro gave him an earring precisely because there won’t be any other visual clue to Vegeta’s newly acquired destruction skill.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:01 am

Trouser wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:18 am Um, no thanks. If he is going to get new transformation, he should attain UI. No more new hair recolors please... :thumbdown: Or leave him with Blue with purple Hakai aura (something like Blue aura trapped inside Kaioken aura).
You do realize that his current form sucks and needs fixing right? Purple is exactly the way to do it!

If you want to make an end to all the transformations then you have to do it properly. Blue Evolution is not final form material. It’s not an endgame form. It does not have “finality” written over it. It’s just another RANDOM Ascension of a previous stage, that being SSJ Blue. Goku’s silver haired UI is final form material. And so would a Purple haired Hakaishin Mode Vegeta be.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 am

emperior wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:31 am I doubt that they will introduce a new recolor for Vegeta in a black and white manga. And I cannot think of a single way to make an unique looking form for Vegeta which works in the manga, besides giving him either Broly’s rage form or Super Saiyan 4. But I think that Toyotaro gave him an earring precisely because there won’t be any other visual clue to Vegeta’s newly acquired destruction skill.
That thought floated through my mind as well. The purple color wouldn't really look very different from the blue in the manga (so if that was the only difference, we would only notice it through the dialogues).

SSJ Rosé for example had already debuted in the anime when it first appeared in the manga, so we already knew about the color, and even SSBE was just a aura change (although the official colored version presents this form with a darker blue like in the anime, we have already seen some instances where SSBE keeps the same color of the previous form).

I don't know what else Toyotaro could do to change the aura to something even more distinctive compared to SSBE so if there is supposed to be a new transformation maybe the eyes (with pupils similar to the UI's) are the easiest option

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:30 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 am
emperior wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:31 am I doubt that they will introduce a new recolor for Vegeta in a black and white manga. And I cannot think of a single way to make an unique looking form for Vegeta which works in the manga, besides giving him either Broly’s rage form or Super Saiyan 4. But I think that Toyotaro gave him an earring precisely because there won’t be any other visual clue to Vegeta’s newly acquired destruction skill.
That thought floated through my mind as well. The purple color wouldn't really look very different from the blue in the manga (so if that was the only difference, we would only notice it through the dialogues).

SSJ Rosé for example had already debuted in the anime when it first appeared in the manga, so we already knew about the color, and even SSBE was just a aura change (although the official colored version presents this form with a darker blue like in the anime, we have already seen some instances where SSBE keeps the same color of the previous form).

I don't know what else Toyotaro could do to change the aura to something even more distinctive compared to SSBE so if there is supposed to be a new transformation maybe the eyes (with pupils similar to the UI's) are the easiest option
It would most likely look closer to SSJ God in the Manga (assuming this form has pupils and irises complete aswell). As for the aura, it most likely won’t exist, as Toyotaro has a thing for getting rid of aura’s, out of universe wise, he doesn’t have to draw them, in universe wise, it saps less strength/energy/stamina. (Hence the “perfected SSJ Blue” state.) Come to think of it, both UI Silver and even SSJ God don’t have an aura in the manga either. Only regular SSB, SSBE, and UI Omen do.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:41 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 am
It would probably be like perfected SSB but darker.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:27 pm

I'm perfectly fine with no new forms for anyone going forward, especially Vegeta. SSJ forms with destruction energy sounds cool enough to me.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:32 pm

At best Toyotaro could use dark shading on the hair to differentiate the form from Blue. Still, I don’t think he will introduce a new form, at least not yet.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical