Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2: "Super Hero" Coming 2022! (Toriyama Scripting!)

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:44 pm

Do you guys think Freeza will be in the movie?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:44 pm Do you guys think Freeza will be in the movie?
It is a large possibility, but I personally would prefer Toei not including Freeza for the third damn consecutive film
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:58 am

PurestEvil wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:46 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:44 pm Do you guys think Freeza will be in the movie?
It is a large possibility, but I personally would prefer Toei not including Freeza for the third damn consecutive film
Toriyama is scripting this movie. There's every chance Freeza could appear. He loves the character.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:21 am

Why shouldn't Frieza appear? They brought him back from the dead. Might as well justify that by using him. Although I don't see him playing the role of villain again, it could be fun seeing him and the others team up against a mutual enemy.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 am

I give Freeza a maybe just because Toriyama seems to like him and the premise appears to involve some extraterrestrial visitors. Freeza can be used just as easily for more light-hearted and more serious plots at this point.

As a knock against his appearing, he’s hard to involve in a short (movie-length) plot if he isn’t an instigator, and that may run too close to Broly. Since he isn’t based on Earth and isn’t normally on friendly terms with the main cast, he can’t just pop in without the plot focusing on him in some way.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:12 am

I don't think he'll appear in this movie. He was just in Broly and he doesn't need to be in every movie going forward.

The plot of this movie also seems more down to earth and less about power hungry maniacs like other movies, so I don't think Freeza would be a good fit for this movie anyway.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:46 am

I see this film as a chance to focus on the next generation. Frieza's son could be a good addition for me (same for Majin boo).
A dragon ball online setting would be great.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:51 am

Gt91 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:46 am I see this film as a chance to focus on the next generation. Frieza's son could be a good addition for me (same for Majin boo).
A dragon ball online setting would be great.
Oh yeah. I forgot about Kuriza. I wouldn't mind him bein canonized, especially if it means we finally learn how Frieza's race reproduces. As for Buu, I think according to Dragon Ball Online, he made himself a wife when he was reading some books not suitable for children, and he had questions for Hercule. He first makes himself a wife, and they together use magic to create the Majin race.

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Depends on how the Granolah arc shakes out. I don't currently think so, but he has technically been in all the movies since BoG, so maybe there will be a cameo of some sort.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:54 pm

If this is a more silly movie about superheroes and down to earth plots, Freeza would have no place in this film. Its best to leave him sitting out rather than overusing him.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:56 pm

Since the movie's called "Super Hero", it might be fitting to have the series recurring villain who has had revenge three times by Toriyama and six or seven times if we consider the overall franchise.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Freeza will show up and babysit Bra.

I have foreseen it.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:12 am

I now want to see Buu's wife and kids appear. I wasn't even thinking about it until now, but it would be fun to see Pan gain a bunch of Buu Buddies.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:34 am

If we were to follow when Dragon Ball Online events happen, Majin Buu wouldn't create his race until seven years after the tournament. Pan is twelve by that point. I don't think she would spend her time playing with Buus.

Of course, no one would follow the actual time placement. So it'd be cool to see Majin Buu race and Pan interacting with them in this movie even if it's earlier than expected.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:12 am

Make Piccolo breed again, too!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:27 am

Depends on what Toriyama/TOEI want to do with him.

The last movie gave me the impression they want to stop using him as the big bad and start treating him like Team Rocket - a character who brews trouble for Goku/Vegeta and co, but is not the one who will do the fighting (but may land/take a punch or two). I don't know how to feel about him becoming the 'what will Frieza plot for our heroes next?' since this will greatly diminish his threat level and make him the plot/joke of the week. Maybe it can work, maybe it can't.

I still think that Frieza's role in the ToP was the best thing that ever happened to the character. It happened at a point were his power was still respected among the cast and the audience, was put in an environment were he asserted his dominance again and again earning major badass points, was the co-star in what was arguably one of the best fights in DBS and generally displayed strength, ruthlessness, cunning, badassery and common sense in a perfect way. Seriously, I don't think I could write him any better in that storyline and I don't think that anything Frieza-related will ever surpass his role in that arc.

My personal hopes is that Frieza will find Cooler which will turn them into the ultimate anti-Goku/Vegeta couple. We could get 2 vs 2 fights between those four, they could find an alien to teach them fusion and get a Cooza vs Gogeta match which will shake the heavens ... seriously, the potential is enormous.

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:04 am

I know it is insane... But what if because Pan being a crucial part in this movie, we will see the return of Gohan as main character

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Don't jump to conclusions because of some concept art. For all we know, Pan will recieve five seconds of screen time.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:08 pm

Soba Mask wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:04 am I know it is insane... But what if because Pan being a crucial part in this movie, we will see the return of Gohan as main character
Lol Gohan ain’t gonna comeback
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:59 pm Don't jump to conclusions because of some concept art. For all we know, Pan will recieve five seconds of screen time.
This. After so much focus on Goku and Vegeta, no way they're going to sideline them for an obscure character like Pan - especially in a feature film. I can see her getting an episode in a future series like in Super, but she's nowhere important enough yet to warrant a lead/main role in a MOVIE, no less.