Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:16 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:10 pm No, they confirmed it to take place before the tournament. So hopefully the movie ends with a nod or something to Uub.

By the way, someone mentioned Granola, but the answer didn't say anything. I think the movie won't acknowledge the manga events.
Yeah, since the manga's story is (frustratingly) print only, they're likely not going to reference it at all. If we're lucky, maybe the anime will come back and adapt those stories as well.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:16 pm

DSB wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:11 pm I cant believe i dont have one bit of hype for new dragonball media.

thats the state of this BS. that animation is atrocious
Come on, Broly is there, Pan is MAYBE training for Super Saiyan, we're closer to EoZ period (but still not quite there.)
Plenty of stuff to be hype about. The visuals are just one thing, but the plot points are very nice!

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:16 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:15 pm Still nothing with Goten and Trunks?
at least trunks gets love with his future counterpart. Goten is a character so forgotten about it's sad
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:17 pm

So they've confirmed pre-EoZ, but they're also saying that this happens 10 years after Buu. I guess that kinda confirms the suspicion that this must be right before EoZ, but still before and not after. They dodged addressing how it matches up with the manga, but that's fine, we know enough to make a decent guess on that one now.
The trailer pretty much sets in stone that it's all 3D animation, doesn't it? But that was always in the cards, I think, ever since we saw the Goku animation teaser.
For now, I get the feeling that this movie is gonna be a lot of dumb fun. I think it'll be enjoyable.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:17 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:14 pm Interesting to see someone trying to 'assassinate' Piccolo. I wonder is Gamma believes that they are assassinating the Daimao?
It's probably a hit list of the known Z Fighters. Though I wouldn't be surprised if maybe the Red Ribbon, now maybe pretending to be good guys, convinces their 'super heroes' that Piccolo is still King Piccolo and plotting to take over the world.

I think taht scene with the guy in front of the screen displaying Goku, Vegeta and Buu is the list announcement.
Last edited by Kanassa on Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:19 pm

Video essay portion of the DB fandom is gonna have a field day with this. :D

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:21 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:16 pmYeah, since the manga's story is (frustratingly) print only, they're likely not going to reference it at all. If we're lucky, maybe the anime will come back and adapt those stories as well.
I mean, there's a benefit in Movie 2 not acknowledging the manga events. It means the last time Goku saw Bulma on-screen was in Movie 1 (four years ago, in-universe), so that line that they don't see each other could still work. An anime adapting the manga sagas and linking with the movie would cause some headache (since they saw each other in Granolah saga, if I'm not mistaken).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:22 pm

I am completely and utterly scatterbrained with these updates. :crazy:

On the one hand, Piccolo training Pan, Broly tagging with Goku, and the RRA coming back sound like a recipe for a KICKASS Dragon Ball film.

On the other hand, the animation looks so carelessly rushed that it might hinder me from enjoying the film regardless of the quality of the plot and action!

I need to take a walk.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:23 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:17 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:14 pm Interesting to see someone trying to 'assassinate' Piccolo. I wonder is Gamma believes that they are assassinating the Daimao?
It's probably a hit list of the known Z Fighters. Though I wouldn't be surprised if maybe the Red Ribbon, now maybe pretending to be good guys, convinces their 'super heroes' that Piccolo is still King Piccolo and plotting to take over the world.

I think taht scene with the guy in front of the screen displaying Goku, Vegeta and Buu is the list announcement.
A big propaganda campaign to...oh...oh no...

...is Toriyama lampooning cancel culture?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Oh, right, despite this movie taking place before the tournament, Goku is still wearing the orange clothes...

Please... Let this movie be where he finally changes to blue clothes... Please.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:25 pm

I like it how the one shot of Vegeta was a picture of him in his Badman outfit. Also very good catch about Broly, I didn't notice him until I rewatched the footage.

Incredibly hard to get excited over these visuals, and it annoys me whenever they go on about how incredible they are :( Everything we've seen is a huge step down from the Broly movie.

I'm feeling weaknesses of the story from Super as a whole being split into these multiple continuities and mediums. It would have made total sense for Goku and Broly to be training together after the Broly movie, and that is indeed what's happening here. Yet in the manga Broly is very unnaturally nowhere to be seen whatsoever, and I get the feeling that Toyo was forbidden from including Broly in the story because they wanted to continue it between films.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:26 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:16 pm Come on, Broly is there, Pan is MAYBE training for Super Saiyan, we're closer to EoZ period (but still not quite there.)
Plenty of stuff to be hype about. The visuals are just one thing, but the plot points are very nice!
These things are cool and all but the new characters and premise didn't leave any impression on me

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:26 pm

A decade after Buu is enough to get us past this midquel timeslot, I think that's what we all wanted: having it take place prior EoZ, right after the Granny arc.

I like that Broly'll be there. Probably just to spar with Goku at the beginning of the movie(making picking up on where the move left off), in a more light-hearted way, I doubt he'll be part of the plot, be it him going nuts again or him being used as a weapon by a foe, which I'd be fine with. Maybe he'll fight alongside Goku... or Pan.

I guess that's why we haven't seen much of him in the manga, they were saving him for the movie.

No release date yet, though, right?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:29 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:26 pm A decade after Buu is enough to get us past this midquel timeslot
It's technically still the midquel, just at the end of it. Which means the characters are still plot-protected by the EoZ shield.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:36 pm

My guess is that they might include the beginning of the Tenka'ichi at the end of the film. Although, it would ve hilarious if they didn't and the films just kept being midquels.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Shots I thought were interesting.
Current prediction is that the kid, who's probably the son of who ever was left to lead Red Ribbon after Goku destroyed them, is raised to hate Goku and co. Red Ribbon have rebranded themselves and seem to have something to do with super hero media at least. It's a bit baseless, but I also think it's gonna turn out that the two super heroes are the kid, like some sort of super power that makes him split into two super beings inspired by the Hero-looking dude we see in the first photo and the bobble head on the car. He's taught by Red Ribbon that Goku is a super vilalin who's been banding together other villains (note how in the briefing scene we see flashes of Goku, Vegeta and Buu, along with Piccolo being attacked these are all former world threatening villains; hell, if RR knew about Goku's saiyan mission, technically Goku is too) and they must be stopped.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:37 pm

This movie... Is gonna be... SUPER!!!!!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:43 pm

That one frame of Broly was enough to excite me. I was sooooo worried that they weren't going to continue the plot of the last film. Really happy to see him training with Goku on Beerus's world.

Now... the visuals. It's very hit and miss for me. Especially after the last film. I am not a fan of the first few shots from the trailer. Some of the closeups of Piccolo kinda looked off as well. But damn those shots of Goku looked really good. I hope most of the film resembles the higher quality scenes from this trailer.

In terms of story and characters, I'm excited by everything I've seen so far. But I'm still skeptical about the animation. Pleeeease surprise me.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:45 pm

I liked everything I saw, the only small gripe I have is that its another retread of the RRA stuff but with them seemingly trying frame the Dragon Team I like this twist on it.
Last edited by goku the krump dancer on Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:45 pm

The guy in the purple hoodie reminds me of Jagga-Batta, Satan's cousin from Bio-Broly
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san