Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Coming 2022?

Post by Gt91 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:29 pm

What about Cell?
They can introduce Android 21,
and add the perfect being again.
It's just an idea, of course, but he's the only antagonist that still hasn't got new space (unlike Frieza and Majin boo).

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Toriyama said unexpected character for the upcoming movie. I wonder if the Baby rumor could end up being true?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Trouser wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:14 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 am
Trouser wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:32 am I don't really care who will be the main villain of this movie, just please let it be after or during EoZ...
Why are you people so obsessed with End of Z?
The "10 year period" is overstuffed with events and has no tension because of the time it takes place. End of Z is the territory that hasn't been touched and we don't know what will happen with characters afterwards.
And it's not "obssesion". It's just a need for things to change and evolve and not be stucked in the same timeframe forever.
If you think an “old” out of shape, grandpa Goku and mustache, shorthaired Vegeta are fun to see, then be my guest.

This is the whole reason that Toriyama decided to have Super take place right after the Buu Arc in the first place!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:29 pm What about Cell?
They can introduce Android 21,
and add the perfect being again.
It's just an idea, of course, but he's the only antagonist that still hasn't got new space (unlike Frieza and Majin boo).
Anything is better than Cooler at this point, so I’d take it.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:47 pm

So it seems, it will be a CGI movie?! F*ck...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:49 pm

I doubt it will be CGI, but nothing is impossible. Good CGI animated movies do exist outside of North America (Lupin, Captain Harlock, etc).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:49 pm Good CGI animated movies do exist outside of North America (Lupin, Captain Harlock, etc).
Yeah, I know, but I want a beautiful 2d Dragon Ball movie, like Broly.
After so much waiting.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat May 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Guys, he said one of the battles will feature an unexpected character, he's not talking about the main antagonist, so don't expect a major villian returning to be the films antagonist.

I'm expecting someone like Paikuhan or Hit to assist in battle.
Last edited by UpFromTheSkies on Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sat May 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Totally supports my idea of it having Broly as the main cast, its a space movie, and space is visually different if they take an approach like the Marvel movies, of making space full of colour etc.

It could also be to do with the demon realm, i'd imagine thats visually distinct, and the unexpected characters could be Towa and Mira, Dabura, OG Piccolo, anything there. And of course, theres the possibility of the other universes.

I like to think the new visual style implies a change of environment, more than anything else.

Also, as a completely out there idea, Dragon Ball Super: Arale. Only a gag character can be a challenge to Goku and Vegeta now!

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat May 08, 2021 3:11 pm

Okay, so here's my mild predictions. I agree with the general consensus (at least, I hope it's the general consensus) that adapting another older movie villain is a bad idea, but I really doubt they're gonna do that. I also say the chances of them adapting Moro are extremely low, because the Moro arc is simply far too long and convoluted to satisfactorily fit in an hour/hour 1/2 long movie runtime. The Moro arc is structured as an epic year-long arc, not a movie. I made a post a while ago dissecting what had been said already and this current pitch seems to be going along the same sort of lines: it's gonna be something different to Broly, it's gonna be a change of pace from the movies we've had so far. I'll hold onto my view that the movies going forward will basically be like gaiden stories, accompaniments to the main ongoing story of Goku and Vegeta. Broly kinda felt like one as it has basically nothing to do with the other ongoing arcs of Super, and in hindsight RoF is similar. They're there to be fairly insular popcorn flicks. Instead of the anime, the movies will be the way forward in animation, as they're insanely profitable.

One predictable element of the movies so far is that elements of the last one take precedence over whatever's going on in the other Super arcs. Think about it, Beerus and Whis show up in RoF, then Beerus, Whis AND Golden Freeza show up in Broly. Stuff that happened in between Freeza's first 1-Up and Broly's arrival is brushed up in about two seconds of exposition. The writers want to keep casual audiences who are presumably familiar with the previous movies but maybe haven't seen the anime or manga. That's why I find it unlikely that characters like Moro or Goku Black will ever appear in the movies.

I just want to be surprised, really. I have hope that it's going to be something a little weirder and more experimental than what we're getting (though still probably quite safe in the scheme of things). Seeing Ultra Instinct in full glory on the big screen (barring that split second cameo between Super Saiyan God and Blue :arrow: ) may be worth the price of admission alone.

radicalzenigma

Post by radicalzenigma » Sat May 08, 2021 3:25 pm

My predictions for DBS Movie 2 are that it's gonna be a sequel to Broly and will be in-between Broly and Moro. Purely because I can't see them adapting Moro arc because it's such a long arc that would be better fit as a TV arc but as well there's a massive audience worldwide that doesn't read the manga and like if I remember at BoG when Tarble was mentioned vaguely and there were people around me having to ask in their groups who Vegeta's brother is because they hadn't seen the 2008 special (as well as it wasn't licensed outside that small time period online subbed) then unless the TV anime returns before the 2nd movie it has to fit here otherwise you run the risk of spoiling manga stories for the anime-only audience.

On to who I think it'll be, I would love to see Shallot come in to the main storyline as Legends is such a hit worldwide and approaching it's 3rd anniversary this month and adding to the fact that Toriyama is now hinting that it's an unexpected character I think Shallot could help fit the bill especially if they bring his brother in as you could have the whole twin story where Giblet attacks Gohan and the others and then disappears and later on Shallot appears and immediately is under attack due to them mistaking him for Giblet.

The realm of possibilities is massive though all in all, I'm just excited we've finally got something new on the way!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 08, 2021 3:35 pm

JewyB wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:55 pm I like to think the new visual style implies a change of environment, more than anything else.

Also, as a completely out there idea, Dragon Ball Super: Arale. Only a gag character can be a challenge to Goku and Vegeta now!
Maybe it could imply more varied enviorments, like maybe the movie has more adventure elements and has them going to different locations.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat May 08, 2021 3:48 pm

If it is CGI that would be a major disappointment. Waiting all this time for an awful CGI movie. That would just be the nail in the coffin that Toei does not care about this franchise

Praying this is not the case

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat May 08, 2021 3:49 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 pm This is the whole reason that Toriyama decided to have Super take place right after the Buu Arc in the first place!
And it was "fun" with first few arcs. Now it's boring and feels forced. And even if they grow old, there is plenty of other characters that could take the "main character" spot.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sat May 08, 2021 3:53 pm

As expected. It's not Moro

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat May 08, 2021 3:54 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:54 pm Guys, he said one of the battles will feature an unexpected character, he's not talking about the main antagonist, so don't expect a major villian returning to be the films antagonist.

I'm expecting someone like Paikuhan or Hit to assist in battle.
Paikuhan would be cool. Literally dickhead Hit would be cool too! But I think Paikuhan is... Cooler? Oh! Is he in this movie too? :P
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Trouser wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:49 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 pm This is the whole reason that Toriyama decided to have Super take place right after the Buu Arc in the first place!
And it was "fun" with first few arcs. Now it's boring and feels forced. And even if they grow old, there is plenty of other characters that could take the "main character" spot.
That’s not how Dragon Ball works pal. It’s the Goku & Vegeta show. You should know that by now.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat May 08, 2021 4:16 pm

I agree with the sentiment that adapting the Moro arc into a movie wouldn’t make sense. If they wanted to do an adaptation of that, television would work a lot better. That arc has too much going on to fit into a movie that will probably be under two hours. Besides, I think most people would rather have an original story for the first real piece of Dragon Ball animation in several years over an adaptation.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat May 08, 2021 4:18 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:10 pm That’s not how Dragon Ball works pal. It’s the Goku & Vegeta show. You should know that by now.
Yes, I know. Sadly. That's why I'm writing about it. I know I won't change anything, but that's what forum is for. One can dream.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Do people SERIOUSLY think that an already existing story is going to be ADAPTED in this movie????!