Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by super michael » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:29 am

Jack Bz wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:24 am
super michael wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:21 am I saw the latest trailer and wow in the new movie Goten and Trunks hasn't changed or grown a bit, while Pan has grown, can walk and talk.

They are really lazy when it comes to Goten and Trunks.

https://youtu.be/IXHhMwFsFrc

https://youtu.be/gGHikE91DLI

https://youtu.be/jNCzGVCV53U

Credit goes to youmadbrah for the video who posted it on Neoseeker.
I'm confused. Your youtube videos are just that of the initial teaser trailer (which doesn't show Goten and Trunks), some youtuber talking about it, and finally the Annecy 60 video with the very stupid, false and click baity title of "DRAGON BALL SUPER BROLY 2 TRAILER". What is the neo seeker video?
Someone in Neoseeker posted the video, so I got the videos from that members and posted the link here.

The second video it shows the characters designs.

The third video shows the trailer and Goten and Trunks looks the same, although I didn't check the title name of the video.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:38 am

super michael wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:29 am
Someone in Neoseeker posted the video, so I got the videos from that members and posted the link here.

The second video is shows the characters designs.

The third video shows the trailer and Goten and Trunks looks the same, although I didn't check the title name of the video.
Ok, well the person who posted that didn't have a clue what they were talking about and this is just classic Dragon Ball youtube misinformation. The final video you posted has nothing to do with the latest movie and isn't indicative of any of the character designs. It was posted months ago in June and is just an animation made for the Annecy festival in france. We simply don't know what the character designs are for the latest film besides Pan, Krillin, Piccolo, the new "1" and "2" characters, and the clip of Goku. Krillin's design is certainly nothing like that Annecy clip.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:48 am

super michael wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:21 am I saw the latest trailer and wow in the new movie Goten and Trunks hasn't changed or grown a bit, while Pan has grown, can walk and talk.

They are really lazy when it comes to Goten and Trunks.

https://youtu.be/IXHhMwFsFrc

https://youtu.be/gGHikE91DLI

https://youtu.be/jNCzGVCV53U

Credit goes to youmadbrah for the video who posted it on Neoseeker.
That “Dragon Ball Super Broly 2” trailer is actually an animated short made for the Annecy film Festival. Clickbait rubbish.

Really disappointed that misinformation would creep into this forum.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 am

Sorry about that I didn't know they were click bait, I saw someone post those but I didn't check the title of the video.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:11 am

Looking at the design for Pan, the movie must take place during the EoZ time period, there's no way Trunks and Goten are still children unless Pan time traveled.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:56 am

super michael wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 am Sorry about that I didn't know they were click bait, I saw someone post those but I didn't check the title of the video.
Unfortunately, Dragon Ball is a cesspool for misinformation. This site despite its issues is the best place to find accurate information in Dragon Ball. So if follow Dragon Ball news, I suggest you look here or Ajay, Dragon Ball Hype, and Herms on Twitter. Gorash is also good, but he's mostly Dragon Ball games.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:29 pm

I love how the guys who clickbait those "Broly 2" trailers justify themselves. Apparently, it's totally not clickbait because they explain what it really is in the descriptions. Yeah, cause it's really easy to see those before you even click on the videos right? :roll: Cunts...

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:30 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:11 am Looking at the design for Pan, the movie must take place during the EoZ time period, there's no way Trunks and Goten are still children unless Pan time traveled.
It would be hilarious if Pan walked around into Trunks' time machine, pushed some buttons and... Time travel! (also rehash of Gt lol)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:35 pm

I see people reacting badly, but the love of the god, tell me... there is an actual confirmation this movie will be full CGI?
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:27 amI am sure that PART of why Demon Slayer (and Spirited Away for that matter) did so well was because they were able to attract a wider range of age demographics for its audience.
However, it could be in the same ballpark, but not in the same tier.
It seems you know much about Demon Slayer, could you try explain to be why it's hype is so huge nowadays? It's seems like a common anime to me.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:22 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:35 pm I see people reacting badly, but the love of the god, tell me... there is an actual confirmation this movie will be full CGI?
https://youtu.be/tvEwAQoNU8Y

*after showing the teaser*

Sascha: "So, this isn't a scene from the movie?"

Akio Iyoku: "Yeah, that's right. We wanted to show what Goku will look like, his movement and feeling. It's not actually a scene in the movie, but we hope you look forward to it."

(...)

Akio Iyoku: "We only saw for a brief moment but the actual visual expression of goku's moves and such...incorporate quite a lot of ingenuity using different tecnologies."
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:00 pm

I just hope I get some news on the new character in this movie.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:10 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:22 pm
Noah wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:35 pm I see people reacting badly, but the love of the god, tell me... there is an actual confirmation this movie will be full CGI?
https://youtu.be/tvEwAQoNU8Y

*after showing the teaser*

Sascha: "So, this isn't a scene from the movie?"

Akio Iyoku: "Yeah, that's right. We wanted to show what Goku will look like, his movement and feeling. It's not actually a scene in the movie, but we hope you look forward to it."

(...)

Akio Iyoku: "We only saw for a brief moment but the actual visual expression of goku's moves and such...incorporate quite a lot of ingenuity using different tecnologies."

Man, i thought it would be half 2-D half 3-D w/ lil more CGI similar to how some scene were in Broly. Full CGI is really gonna hurt this film a lot & thats before we even get to what the plot is.

We are about to get a DB Evolution level movie only in anime form this time. Part of me hopes this film gets cancelled

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:03 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:10 am We are about to get a DB Evolution level movie only in anime form this time. Part of me hopes this film gets cancelled
What an immature comment. Toriyama, Toei and everyone involved are hyping up this movie a lot and you say this :thumbdown:
Come next year everyone will be praising this movie because it's supposedly lots of fun, and the plot won't change whether it's 3D or not.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:20 am

Xeogran wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:03 am
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:10 am We are about to get a DB Evolution level movie only in anime form this time. Part of me hopes this film gets cancelled
What an immature comment. Toriyama, Toei and everyone involved are hyping up this movie a lot and you say this :thumbdown:
Come next year everyone will be praising this movie because it's supposedly lots of fun, and the plot won't change whether it's 3D or not.
Well, he is an obnoxious namek.

I'm not surprised the fanbase that wanted the "Z ANIMATORS BACK!!!!!" for Super and harasses the manga author hates a movie they know almost nothing about.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:54 am

Kinda off topic But is toriyama capable of writing a berserk level of movie ?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:36 pm

Mr_CINDER wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:54 am
Berserk? That's never been his style at all...

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:05 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:36 pm

Berserk? That's never been his style at all...
I hope it doesn't follow in DBZ Real 4D ride style.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:21 pm

Toriyama's taste does deserve our patience. He chose Shintani as one of the animators for the Broly movie. We all know that turned out well. I'll wait to see some more on this uncharted territory Dragonball is taking aesthetically.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 pm

No, but he can write an ending to the movie.......now if you'll would excuse me, I'm gonna order a ticket to hell.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:47 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 pm

No, but he can write an ending to the movie.......now if you'll would excuse me, I'm gonna order a ticket to hell.
I thought although it is not perfect but Broly movie was well written. But it seems he only focusing on the gag parts these days. If this movie turned out be anything like Yo son goku and his friends, then it will be a huge dissapointment.