Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Mr_CINDER » Fri May 06, 2022 12:24 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:48 am
If some employee leaks stuff from his company e-mail, he/she is either not OK in their heads or doesn’t scream legit to me. That’s like running head on into a gunfire.

The truth is, nothing Geekdom shared was true in the end and his video were spot on clickbaits with him rambling about rumours for like 10+ minutes. Logically, people got fed up after him running alleged leaks for half a year, with nothing of that happening.
I see so geekdom is basically unrealentgaming.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri May 06, 2022 1:15 pm

I only trust AnimeAjay when it comes to leaks and insider information because he's a staff member at Kanzenshuu. From my experience with the others, they usually rely on clickbait and make +10 minute videos for info that could usually be covered in less than one minute or taken from a single tweet.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri May 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Mr_CINDER wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:01 am
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:00 am Why is there no information about any kind of dub for this yet?

Broly had a dub trailer that came out from practically the start didn't it? Months before it actually came out in Japan. The movie released in US only a month after Japan.

That certainly doesn't seem like the case with this one.
Wasn't Monica Rial said that they were doing the voice works in NYCC?
But shouldn't that have been done ages ago?

Why are they going from Broly having a US (and large international release) just one month after Japan to Super Hero coming out in June with nothing else mentioned.

Very odd.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 06, 2022 1:48 pm

Have we all already forgotten the challenges of productions during COVID?

And the fact that Toei delayed their own domestic release, which of course would then in turn trickle down to their foreign licensees? Don't promote specific things ahead of the "real"/"original"/"first" version?

All of this stuff is very easily explainable. Seems some of y'all are looking for issues where there are none.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun May 08, 2022 1:50 pm

So... are we getting something today?

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun May 08, 2022 4:10 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:50 pm So... are we getting something today?
It's not Goku Day yet, so no.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun May 08, 2022 5:14 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:10 pm
It is in Japan?

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun May 08, 2022 5:48 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:14 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:10 pm
It is in Japan?
Wait, seriously? Wow.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun May 08, 2022 10:12 pm

Nozawa asks you to go and watch the movie: https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 1430526976

Trailer has same footage as the last one, new footage only shown at the last two seconds.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun May 08, 2022 10:34 pm

lol I must be one of the few excited about the trailers not revealing much for this movie.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon May 09, 2022 1:54 am

The marketing for this is one is certainly ehhhh different than with previous movies.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Mon May 09, 2022 3:10 am

Jord wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:54 am The marketing for this is one is certainly ehhhh different than with previous movies.
The marketing for this movie is complete terrible, and I thought we will be getting a new trailer in Goku day but its same trailer.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon May 09, 2022 3:32 am

Seeing how this is a slice of life movie, I think even the final battle against the-thing-from-that-machine will be more lenient than we expect. Probably everyone getting a hit on it for a teamwork combo with Pan dealing the final blow.

I think we should lower our expectations, if it was anything serious like the return of Cell, they'd advertise it by now. The movie is clearly going in the opposite direction.

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by PrinceVegetto » Mon May 09, 2022 5:07 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:32 am Seeing how this is a slice of life movie, I think even the final battle against the-thing-from-that-machine will be more lenient than we expect. Probably everyone getting a hit on it for a teamwork combo with Pan dealing the final blow.

I think we should lower our expectations, if it was anything serious like the return of Cell, they'd advertise it by now. The movie is clearly going in the opposite direction.
I wouldn't be so sure. We have gotten minimal footage from this movie. All the trailers have felt so repetitive that I get the feeling they're hiding a lot of things

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Mon May 09, 2022 7:37 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:32 am Seeing how this is a slice of life movie, I think even the final battle against the-thing-from-that-machine will be more lenient than we expect. Probably everyone getting a hit on it for a teamwork combo with Pan dealing the final blow.

We still dont have any theme song either.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Mon May 09, 2022 8:53 am

Miracles wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:34 pm lol I must be one of the few excited about the trailers not revealing much for this movie.
Bingo.

Ever since we were provided with a bit more info on what the movie is about and what its characters are doing, I've been fine with its marketing. It's giving me just enough to maintain my interest now without giving too much away. So far, at least.

As much as I love DBS Broly, the lead-up marketing for that one went colossally overboard.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 09, 2022 9:52 am

I must say that I am more excited about this movie than the Broly one.

I remember Broly being advertised as ...it will explore the background of Saiyans and Goku will go against a Saiyan opponent!
and with a full trailers, it is just a Broly remake/retcon. The movie wasn't bad, I was blown away mostly by the visuals and animation, yes, but storywise, it was OK and Broly became a full fledged character, not just a sidestory evil villain he was before.
And Movie 12 Gogeta with Blue transformation wasn't anything to put me to the back of the seat. The art direction really made most of the magic.

This movie, even with trailers doesn't give that much away. Slice of life, Gohan and Piccolo, Pan, Red Ribborn Army sounds a bit meh, but new characters, mysterious evil machine and new designs for everyone, except for Goku and Vegeta.
Only thing that puts it down a bit is ditching the awesome look of Broly movie, but everything else makes me excited.

Somehow, I believe there will be more in the movie than just the subtle promotion of Gamma 1 and 2 in DB Legends as I was spammed by multiple Brolys and Gogetas in the same game like one year before I saw the actual movie.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon May 09, 2022 9:55 am

And on another subject, I just got a random idea in my head that the last fight of this movie may be.. of giant robots :lol:
We still don't know anything about Bulma's role, plus Red Ribbon higher-ups often resort to mechas when they're cornered.

What if Bulma builds the good guys one, and then Piccolo/Gohan/Pan get to control theirs against some Super Sentai-esque monster from the evil machine. The Gammas could have a face turn at that moment and help them too with the use of RR technology.

Just brainstorming fun ideas for the movie's climax.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon May 09, 2022 11:36 am

Just another year where nothing interesting happens on Goku Day. They actually showed the same trailer. :lol:

I'm wondering if the hack is really the only reason the movie got delayed or it was also because they are behind the schedule. The marketing is so weird.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Mon May 09, 2022 12:04 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:55 am And on another subject, I just got a random idea in my head that the last fight of this movie may be.. of giant robots :lol:
We still don't know anything about Bulma's role, plus Red Ribbon higher-ups often resort to mechas when they're cornered.

What if Bulma builds the good guys one, and then Piccolo/Gohan/Pan get to control theirs against some Super Sentai-esque monster from the evil machine. The Gammas could have a face turn at that moment and help them too with the use of RR technology.

Just brainstorming fun ideas for the movie's climax.
Or it could be cell all along.