Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by sangofe » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:51 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:40 am
sangofe wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:13 am
Mr_CINDER wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:37 am
Because every current arc is the same, The story is getting nowhere , character's becoming ""strongest"" for no reason. As i said current Dragon Ball is direction less, its getting real tiresome and boring as hell.Toyotaro not fit to continue DB's legacy and Toriyama getting real old, so i think this movie will wrap everything up.IF DB continues in the future thats a BIG IF it will be all toyotaro.Toei have packed schedule with upcoming ONE PIECE red , SLAM DUNK , KITARO movies.
I don't think that will happen. There's no logical reason Toei should do this. And I haven't read the manga but headlines and small spoilers don't seem to be the same over and over.
I wish that too but another thing that could happen is from here on out there will be movies after movies from Toriyama (as long as he is comfortable writing it)and the current DBS manga will continue under toyotaro.
You wish what? What you said earlier? You quoted yourself and me...

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:32 pm

DBS has been running on fumes after the Broly movie. They might as well end it with this movie, especially since it takes place right before the manga’s epilogue.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:13 pm

sangofe wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:13 am You wish what? What you said earlier? You quoted yourself and me...
I said Db will not continue after this movie, but the fan in me wish it to continue thats it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:15 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:32 pm DBS has been running on fumes after the Broly movie. They might as well end it with this movie, especially since it takes place right before the manga’s epilogue.
Is it really? Did they stated that somewhere or is it just the fans doing math based on the claim made in the epilogue?
I am not trying anyone, I am genuinely interested if that is true, coming from the creators.

If yes, thank god! If they will finally exhaust that gap and maybe, somewhere in the future, they will make a sequel in a form of special or movie dealing with the characters from Epilogue era, which is my most favorite ending to the series (the manga one of course) I would be happy and complete as a fan!

Just never do anything like Saint Seiya Omega, which was handled as magical girls anime meets Saint Seiya universe. That was so terrible, design and storywise.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:19 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:15 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:32 pm DBS has been running on fumes after the Broly movie. They might as well end it with this movie, especially since it takes place right before the manga’s epilogue.
Is it really? Did they stated that somewhere or is it just the fans doing math based on the claim made in the epilogue?
I am not trying anyone, I am genuinely interested if that is true, coming from the creators.

If yes, thank god! If they will finally exhaust that gap and maybe, somewhere in the future, they will make a sequel in a form of special or movie dealing with the characters from Epilogue era, which is my most favorite ending to the series (the manga one of course) I would be happy and complete as a fan!

Just never do anything like Saint Seiya Omega, which was handled as magical girls anime meets Saint Seiya universe. That was so terrible, design and storywise.
It was revealed at New York Comic Con that the movie takes place in Age 784, which is the same year that the epilogue in the manga takes place. Plus, Pan is now in Kindergarten.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:29 am

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:19 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:15 pm

It was revealed at New York Comic Con that the movie takes place in Age 784, which is the same year that the epilogue in the manga takes place. Plus, Pan is now in Kindergarten.
Mr_CINDER wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:13 pm
sangofe wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:13 am You wish what? What you said earlier? You quoted yourself and me...
I said Db will not continue after this movie, but the fan in me wish it to continue thats it.
They might end DB Super and call it something else but I'd be very surprised if they don't milk the ever lasting cow that is Dragon Ball.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:58 am

They'll end Dragon Ball Super after this movie, and then they'll announce their next Dragon Ball series. It'll be an anime series set after End of Z. They'll call it Super Grand Tour, and they'll spend the first several episodes traveling the multiverse, before realizing how dreadfully boring their stories are and bringing the series back to Earth. The English dub will do a botch job cutting out most of the multiversal travel, confusing everyone who hadn't already seen the sub. The series won't be a complete waste, though, as near the end of the series, a stange new Super Saiyan transformation will be introduced. It will be remembered fondly as the one good part of the series, and will be featured in virtually every game to come after.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:21 am

And this time when Trunks cross-dresses they'll assign an animator good at drawing men!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 am

I think a lot of cool ideas for Future arcs probably got shot down by Toriyama for some strange reason I don't think even Toei or the DB room is that uncreative to run out of gas that quick. & that whole plot point about frieza needing ally made it seem at the time they were gonna shoehorn cooler or someone else in somehow.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:48 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 am I think a lot of cool ideas for Future arcs probably got shot down by Toriyama for some strange reason I don't think even Toei or the DB room is that uncreative to run out of gas that quick. & that whole plot point about frieza needing ally made it seem at the time they were gonna shoehorn cooler or someone else in somehow.
Toei literally have no time anymore ONE PIECE,SLAM DUNK, KITARO and not to mention they also overseeing to the live action saint seiya movie,and another thing after partenship with CJ ENM(SQUID GAME production company) they said hit works of both company's will be rolled out sequentially and that includes live action, animation and new works. So i think this is it for DB or DB will get another live action.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:50 am

It wouldn't surprise me if this movie was Toriyama's way of laying down the foundation for another series. With Pan being a central focus, and a low stakes plot, this could easily be like what Boruto: Naruto the Movie was for Naruto and essentially kick-start another story focusing on a new cast.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:18 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:48 am
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 am I think a lot of cool ideas for Future arcs probably got shot down by Toriyama for some strange reason I don't think even Toei or the DB room is that uncreative to run out of gas that quick. & that whole plot point about frieza needing ally made it seem at the time they were gonna shoehorn cooler or someone else in somehow.
Toei literally have no time anymore ONE PIECE,SLAM DUNK, KITARO and not to mention they also overseeing to the live action saint seiya movie,and another thing after partenship with CJ ENM(SQUID GAME production company) they said hit works of both company's will be rolled out sequentially and that includes live action, animation and new works. So i think this is it for DB or DB will get another live action.
https://hypebeast.com/2021/8/new-slam-d ... ement-info
Slam dunk is a movie about one year from now.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:28 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:18 am https://hypebeast.com/2021/8/new-slam-d ... ement-info
ONE PICE red releasing on 6th august, then SLAM DUNK i think.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:37 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:28 am
sangofe wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:18 am https://hypebeast.com/2021/8/new-slam-d ... ement-info
ONE PICE red releasing on 6th august, then SLAM DUNK i think.
DBS Superhero has got to be releasing early next year if the second half of Toei's film release schedule of 2022 is already preoccupied with One Piece, Slam Dunk and Kitaro films. It would not shock me if the film dropped during Golden Week.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:51 am

UGH, jump festa can't come any slower. They better share at least a timeframe of the film's release!
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:53 am

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:51 am UGH, jump festa can't come any slower. They better share at least a timeframe of the film's release!
If they didnt announce the release date of this movie in jump festa then immediately wave the red flag.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:57 pm

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:53 am
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:51 am UGH, jump festa can't come any slower. They better share at least a timeframe of the film's release!
If they didnt announce the release date of this movie in jump festa then immediately wave the red flag.

You're way too pessemestic, dude.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:03 pm

Everyone is like "they'll definitely continue Dragon Ball forever, it's so lucrative and profitable" like they didn't take a 26 break between GT and Battle of Gods.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:48 am
Source? Has this been said officially or leaked by anyone trusted that works at Toei? Didthey actually said this? or is this you making things up ? & what the hell does live action have to do with anything dealing with the animation staff. That's entirely different team if anything that would affect Kamen Rider and Sentai series.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:47 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:03 pm Everyone is like "they'll definitely continue Dragon Ball forever, it's so lucrative and profitable" like they didn't take a 26 break between GT and Battle of Gods.
Wasn't it a 16 year break? GT ended in what 97? & BOG was 2013?

I don't think everyone was saying DB was gonna go forever. I remember people saying its crazy that they didnt bring back Super earlier (or put their best effort into DB) since its Toeis most profitable IP. Which does makes sense to think that given other long-running Toei franchises like Super Sentai and Pretty cure get new seasons every year & they don't even perform all that well.