Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:39 pm

Don't know if it's true but apparently the final boss is going to be a lady.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:55 pm

Probably not important, but, in october Dokkan made an announcement about Red Ribbon army characters coming in November because of the movie
the 2 character ended up being Android 21 and Android 16 from fighterz having an EZA.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:31 pm

It's not confirmed that they'll feature in Super Hero. Possible but not confirmed https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... aracter%2F
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:39 am

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:39 pm Don't know if it's true but apparently the final boss is going to be a lady.
Is this a coincidence? Posted on DB official websiteImage

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:25 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:39 am
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:39 pm Don't know if it's true but apparently the final boss is going to be a lady.
Didn't #21 die in the story mode of FighterZ?

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:32 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:25 am
Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:39 am
Didn't #21 die in the story mode of FighterZ?
Yes she died but i think goku said he could reincarnate her.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:32 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:25 am Didn't #21 die in the story mode of FighterZ?
Yeah but her inclusion here wouldn't have to be connected to that at all. The story in FZ had too many non-plausible elements anyway.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:38 am

Second movie in a row remaking non-manga characters? When are we expected to get official news?

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:41 am

Considering how the RRA knows about Majin Buu...
oh dear god, it can't be
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:53 am

If Android 21 is the final villain of this movie (definitely makes more sense than those shark monsters), why would they keep her involvement in this movie a secret? I mean, Android 21 is attractive enough to serve as a very good poster child for this movie, I'm surprised they wouldn't use her as major marketing element of this movie if she really appeared.

Anyway it wouldn't surprise me at all if those shark monsters were just a red herring and the final villain was some mysterious person that has yet to be revealed.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:56 am

The movie doesn't even have a release date. Why are you expecting to know everything about the movie so early on?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:57 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:53 am If Android 21 is the final villain of this movie (definitely makes more sense than those shark monsters), why would they keep her involvement in this movie a secret? I mean, Android 21 is attractive enough to serve as a very good poster child for this movie, I'm surprised they wouldn't use her as major marketing element of this movie if she really appeared.

Anyway it wouldn't surprise me at all if those shark monsters were just a red herring and the final villain was some mysterious person that has yet to be revealed.
Because in my opinion they want to build the the hype and keep it secret as long as possible or at least till jump festa.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:59 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:53 am If Android 21 is the final villain of this movie (definitely makes more sense than those shark monsters), why would they keep her involvement in this movie a secret? I mean, Android 21 is attractive enough to serve as a very good poster child for this movie, I'm surprised they wouldn't use her as major marketing element of this movie if she really appeared.

If she is the villain (which I personally do not predict), then they definitely will reveal her in Jump Festa.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:03 pm

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:57 am

Because in my opinion they want to build the the hype and keep it secret as long as possible or at least till jump festa.
They were very straight-forward with the other movies (Battle of Gods, Resurrection of F). And Yes even with the Broly movie. While they didn't reveal it was Broly until like Summer, they still revealed that the main antagonist would be another Saiyan. Here Android 21 is completely absent.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:23 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:03 pm
Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:57 am

They were very straight-forward with the other movies (Battle of Gods, Resurrection of F). And Yes even with the Broly movie. While they didn't reveal it was Broly until like Summer, they still revealed that the main antagonist would be another Saiyan. Here Android 21 is completely absent.
This time they are bit secretive, normally japanese people dont care about spoiler but this time i am noticing a trend dont know if you have watched any recent toyotaro interviews but when toyotaro tried to speak what will happen in the next chapter of this current Granolah arc uchida immediately stopped him and said that will be spoiler so please keep look forward to the next chapter.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:33 pm

They didn't tell us about Gogeta Blue this early for the Broly movie, but once they did, it was impossible to avoid. I have my doubts about #21 being the main villain, buuuuut... She was designed by Toriyama. Maybe he decided she was a wasted character, being limited to a non-canon video game storyline. But that would also mean we'd have two versions of the character. Would FighterZ release a Dragon Ball Super version of #21, like how they have both original Broly and Dragon Ball Super's Broly? That'd be weird.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:48 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:33 pm

They didn't tell us about Gogeta Blue this early for the Broly movie, but once they did, it was impossible to avoid. I have my doubts about #21 being the main villain, buuuuut... She was designed by Toriyama. Maybe he decided she was a wasted character, being limited to a non-canon video game storyline. But that would also mean we'd have two versions of the character. Would FighterZ release a Dragon Ball Super version of #21, like how they have both original Broly and Dragon Ball Super's Broly? That'd be weird.
Starting from the fact that Fighterz was incredibly successful: "The game shipped 2 million copies a week after release, making it the fastest selling Dragon Ball video game to date."

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily- ... de/.131507

I would argue that he saw just how popular Fighterz was and, since Android 21 was the new villain created for Fighterz, decided to bring her into Canon Super.

Of course assuming Android 21 appears but I find it very likely actually. She's an Android (so she fits thematically), she is hot (=marketable), she is one of the few major female antagonists (alongside Kefla), etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't mind seeing her in this movie, she's better than the two shark-looking rejects anyway.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Feels like Toriyama is far more attached to #21 than most other promo characters he designs, and it helps that she's insanely popular. Although he didn't have much say in the storyline or concept, he apparently worked more closely with ArcSys in realizing her for the game than in most cases where he just draws the thing and that's that. He's even said that he considers #21 a canonical character within the Dragon Ball universe. When was the last time that happened, if ever? All in all, wouldn't be surprised if this movie is treated as her "proper" Toriyama-penned debut like with Broly, assuming the rumours are true. I've often said that FighterZ's storyline had good ambition, but was such a bloated slog to get through even with all the funny character interactions. #21 deserves better.

I did actually wonder when the RRA logo was revealed if they were going to bring in a new threat on #21's level, not necessarily her specifically, but a similar vibe. A transforming, power-stealing type.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:01 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:14 pmHe's even said that he considers #21 a canonical character within the Dragon Ball universe.
Mind to provide a source please?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:20 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:01 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:14 pmHe's even said that he considers #21 a canonical character within the Dragon Ball universe.
Mind to provide a source please?
Ha, sure, let me just-

*sees that the only sources are CBR and Comicbook.com*

...Shit.