Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2: "Super Hero" Coming 2022! (Toriyama Scripting!)

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:16 pm

I’ve just realised that it’s almost certain Piccolo has created his house so he can commit to being uncle Piccolo and babysit Pan.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:19 pm

I doubt we'll see much of Piccolo's house. Probably 5-10 minutes of it tops at the beginning of the movie. Remembers me when baby Bra was shown in the movie and she got like 10 seconds of screentime.

If you watched enough movies you'd know the things they showcase outside whoever the main villain is only gets very little screentime in the actual film.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:34 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 am
FlpShimizu wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:09 am
mute_proxy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:27 am What a miserable bunch this fandom is.
Not just this one.

It seems people didn't hear the word "no" enough when they were kids, so they think throwing a tantrum is the way to go everytime something divisive happens.

There's no accepting reality as it is and doing your best with it anymore, there's just anger, ignorance and denial directed towards authors and staff. Some people want things to flop by judging only a teaser.

Here's hoping they're kids that will still grow out of this toxic behavior, but we know very well older folks don't do any better with these cartoon revivals.
My dude, it's just a cartoon. I think something something isn't good and born out of boneheaded decision making and money grubbing, and so I hope it falls on its face as a wakeup call. It doesn't have to be any deeper than that. Don't lump me in with your projections. I don't even post on this section like that
If it's just a cartoon, than you have no need to be so whiny and bent out of shape lad. Be consistent. That description he put describes you and most people in general quite accurately.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:49 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:34 pm
jjgp1112 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 am
FlpShimizu wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:09 am
Not just this one.

It seems people didn't hear the word "no" enough when they were kids, so they think throwing a tantrum is the way to go everytime something divisive happens.

There's no accepting reality as it is and doing your best with it anymore, there's just anger, ignorance and denial directed towards authors and staff. Some people want things to flop by judging only a teaser.

Here's hoping they're kids that will still grow out of this toxic behavior, but we know very well older folks don't do any better with these cartoon revivals.
My dude, it's just a cartoon. I think something something isn't good and born out of boneheaded decision making and money grubbing, and so I hope it falls on its face as a wakeup call. It doesn't have to be any deeper than that. Don't lump me in with your projections. I don't even post on this section like that
If it's just a cartoon, than you have no need to be so whiny and bent out of shape lad. Be consistent. That description he put describes you and most people in general quite accurately.
I said one thing and now you weirdos are assessing my psychological profile because of what I said about a cartoon movie.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:19 am I kind of maliciously hope this flops in embarrassing fashion.
Because it sounds boring to you or because you’re sick of DBS at this point? Just curious.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:22 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 pm
jjgp1112 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:19 am I kind of maliciously hope this flops in embarrassing fashion.
Because it sounds boring to you or because you’re sick of DBS at this point? Just curious.
Seems boring, the CG screams "Cash grab gimmick" and doesn't look very good to begin with, and while I'm neutral on Super I'm kind of sick of nostalgia properties as a general concept and think it's high time all these zombie franchises like Dragon ball, Star Wars, et al just go away. The good thing about a story is, it ends.
Cold World (Fanfic)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:54 pm

I doubt it's all CG.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:11 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:22 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 pm
Seems boring, the CG screams "Cash grab gimmick" and doesn't look very good to begin with, and while I'm neutral on Super I'm kind of sick of nostalgia properties as a general concept and think it's high time all these zombie franchises like Dragon ball, Star Wars, et al just go away. The good thing about a story is, it ends.
Not sure how CG is an auto crash-grad and as someone who worked with CG in college, I am sick of people acting like doing animation on a computer takes less work and care than drawing. If anything, it's harder to make someone like Dragon Ball work in CG since you have to do a lot to make Dragon Ball look good in 3D. Ajay even made a video about how much care went into that simple 3D model of Goku we saw in the teaser.

"it's high time all these zombie franchises like Dragon ball, Star Wars, et al just go away."

Then, don't watch and don't follow and let people who enjoy these franchises enjoy them. Why do they need to end for you? It isn't like those 'zombie franchises' are keeping other newer works from happening. This entire mentality just come off as selfish.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:19 am

Am I in the Twilight zone or something???? I've actually been more positive on Super than I'd wager most of this forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I don't like how this particular movie is shaping up to be, and even though I'm pretty neutral on Super overall, my point still stands that Toei is picking at a corpse, and if some fans are hurt by Toei deciding to finally put DB out the pasture - tough break, there's always Fubu. Not one of us actually needs Dragon Ball to still exist, especially when the original run gave us 508 episodes and 17 movies to go around (And in a roundabout way, zombie franchises do make it harder for original works to find footing but that's another conversation).

I'm on a Dragon Ball message board, I'm gonna comment on something if I don't like it. Big whoop.
Cold World (Fanfic)

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:43 am

I kinda agree with those who want the new movie to fail miserably, so maybe they will stop putting freaking CG to their movies.

A necessary evil I'd say
Last edited by cuartas on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:43 am

I'm being a huge, huge fan hand drawn animation but I know that Toei has a history of good CG fights so I'm going to be looking towards that for my expectations for the film. The film will probably be 99% god awful ass but at the very least I expect the big moments to hit the G-spot good and hard.

Also, this film will likely be adapted into the story of the next weekly series so it is not as if a hand drawn version won't eventually happen, anyway.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:47 am

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 am
sangofe wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:36 am I expressed my opinion without attacking you. Yet you lash onto me like I was some sort of pile of shit. That is not okay. Try to write posts with doing that minimally.
I did not insult you, nor do I think you are a pile of shit. I only made neutral observations on what you say were your statements and expressions of personal taste, which I do think were shit.
sangofe wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:36 am I wrote that I think that it belongs to games. I tried to express a personal taste here. I didn't say that everything should be like that.
I think 3D belongs to games and only games.
If you were expressing your personal taste, then don’t present it with or as an absolute statement. It is elitist to do so. I leave it at that.

FYI I also think Dragon Ball looks better in 2D at the moment. However, the Toei animators could challenge my belief if they pull it off.
All right, dude. Then I am pretty sure none of this would have happened if it was over voice or real life. Text can leald to so much miscommunication.
I never tried to present it as an absolute statement, and you never really meant to attack me. All good. Let's move on and let's hope I won't vomit and stop watching Dragon Ball animated because it will surprise me very positively...
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:43 am I'm being a huge, huge fan hand drawn animation but I know that Toei has a history of good CG fights so I'm going to be looking towards that for my expectations for the film. The film will probably be 99% god awful ass but at the very least I expect the big moments to hit the G-spot good and hard.

Also, this film will likely be adapted into the story of the next weekly series so it is not as if a hand drawn version won't eventually happen, anyway.
What good CGI has toei made? I looked at that Pretty Cure example and thought it was absolute shit. And what do you mean by that it will be adapted into next weekly series? Do you say it will be adapted into a hand draw tv anime? What if it doesn't? What if the TV anime becomes fully 3D?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:02 am

sangofe wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:47 am
PurestEvil wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 am
sangofe wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:36 am I expressed my opinion without attacking you. Yet you lash onto me like I was some sort of pile of shit. That is not okay. Try to write posts with doing that minimally.
I did not insult you, nor do I think you are a pile of shit. I only made neutral observations on what you say were your statements and expressions of personal taste, which I do think were shit.
sangofe wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:36 am I wrote that I think that it belongs to games. I tried to express a personal taste here. I didn't say that everything should be like that.
I think 3D belongs to games and only games.
If you were expressing your personal taste, then don’t present it with or as an absolute statement. It is elitist to do so. I leave it at that.

FYI I also think Dragon Ball looks better in 2D at the moment. However, the Toei animators could challenge my belief if they pull it off.
All right, dude. Then I am pretty sure none of this would have happened if it was over voice or real life. Text can leald to so much miscommunication.
I never tried to present it as an absolute statement, and you never really meant to attack me. All good. Let's move on and let's hope I won't vomit and stop watching Dragon Ball animated because it will surprise me very positively...
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:43 am I'm being a huge, huge fan hand drawn animation but I know that Toei has a history of good CG fights so I'm going to be looking towards that for my expectations for the film. The film will probably be 99% god awful ass but at the very least I expect the big moments to hit the G-spot good and hard.

What good CGI has toei made? I looked at that Pretty Cure example and thought it was absolute shit. And what do you mean by that it will be adapted into next weekly series? Do you say it will be adapted into a hand draw tv anime? What if it doesn't? What if the TV anime becomes fully 3D?
That PreCure scene is good and cool and I will defend it to the goddamned end of time. Also, their Saint Seiya movie had good shit: https://youtu.be/dVYiT3K9imw

The next series isn't going to be CG. Toei doesn't have the resources for it and CG TV anime is still in its infancy in Japan.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:48 am

Bruh why are some people here so riled up about the fact we hoped this movie would fail... How quickly this community went from "Gosh I'm so happy Evolution failed so that Toriyama cared about Dragon Ball again" to "Nooo how dare you wish for this movie to fail nooo!!!"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:17 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:48 am Bruh why are some people here so riled up about the fact we hoped this movie would fail... How quickly this community went from "Gosh I'm so happy Evolution failed so that Toriyama cared about Dragon Ball again" to "Nooo how dare you wish for this movie to fail nooo!!!"
Because Toriyama's the one doing the movie. Hoping something fails because you prefer a different visual style is beyond stupid. God forbid anyone tried anything different.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:26 am

Disappointing revenue will rarely turn this product better. Executives will have a million reasons for the failure and the ones that concern us the most won't even be it.

There's a good chance I won't give money to this movie if it receives the Broly treatment in my country. I had to wait months for it to come out, online illegal versions were already available before it debuted here. It's 2021! I had to dodge spoilers left and right and parts of it still crawled through the cracks.

I bet a lot of people couldn't wait and just pirated the movie. I assume executives blame pirates and not their own lack of vision and regard for the international audience.

I'm open minded in regards to CGI. The World is always changing, I bet people went crazy when characters in manga jumped to the television and refused to watch it. :lol:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:35 am

mute_proxy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:17 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:48 am Bruh why are some people here so riled up about the fact we hoped this movie would fail... How quickly this community went from "Gosh I'm so happy Evolution failed so that Toriyama cared about Dragon Ball again" to "Nooo how dare you wish for this movie to fail nooo!!!"
Because Toriyama's the one doing the movie. Hoping something fails because you prefer a different visual style is beyond stupid. God forbid anyone tried anything different.
No I said I hope this movie fails so that Toei can maybe bring back the weekly anime and we can go back to having weekly animated content instead of 4 yearly animated content. Frankly I couldn't care any less about the visual style.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:47 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:35 am
No I said I hope this movie fails so that Toei can maybe bring back the weekly anime and we can go back to having weekly animated content instead of 4 yearly animated content. Frankly I couldn't care any less about the visual style.
That is such a stupid bet to make...
As it stands now, this movie is guaranteed to make a profit. Not just because of the teasers of CGI, but because it is literally the first DB film in four years, like you said. The only condition they need to fulfill is to not fuck up the visuals.

If this movie does fail and we get your desired weekly TV show that ends up being worse, then you will know who told you so.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:14 am

PurestEvil wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:47 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:35 am

That is such a stupid bet to make...
As it stands now, this movie is guaranteed to make a profit. Not just because of the teasers of CGI, but because it is literally the first DB film in four years, like you said. The only condition they need to fulfill is to not fuck up the visuals.

If this movie does fail and we get your desired weekly TV show that ends up being worse, then you will know who told you so.
No. The movie will make profit because it's Dragon Ball, but if it's the least successful movie of the new era (less successful than BoG which set off the revival and movies centred around Frieza and Broly) then it will be proof that interest can't be kept without any animated content for years.

And Super's first 3 arcs had a botched production because Toei looked at the success of RoF (came up in april) and decided to bank on that success and make a new animated series (which would come out in july, 3 months is an insignificant amount of time to make a new series).

Meanwhile if this movie flopped (and by flop obviously no one means that no one will buy it, it just means it will underperform for a DRAGON BALL movie, because reminder that it's not a "Generic anime no one cares about" movie), then Toei would get the memo that they can't keep interest up in the franchise by not releasing anything for years. And consequently they wouldn't want to rush the new series like the first time because they wouldn't have any success to bank on.

And No the movie isn't guaranteed to make success just because it's the first animated content in 4 years, that's not how it works, in fact it's the opposite. Otherwise all shonen would just drop anime series to focus just on yearly movies. If you don't give people content for 4 years aside from a monthly manga and a monthly promotional anime for a stupid videogame, you're not going to keep interest up.

And btw there hasn't been a new movie in 4 years, meanwhile My Hero Academia released yearly movies for 3 years while keeping a seasonal animated series and a weekly manga.

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:21 am

I just don't get this toxic db Fandom, I remember when there was no continuation of db product after gt flopped for a decade ppl were whining for more content than dbz BoG came out everyone was going nuts for more content again then fukkatsu no f came out than the series followed that same yr don't get me wrong I did had problems with some of the super story and art but most of the things we got in super was fan servicy the only thing more than half of the fan base wanted was to get a story close to eoz or post eoz were finally getting it and the fan base is literally split in half I mean we just only got fucking teaser which is not even fully cgi there is elements of 2d and 3dcgi mixture which broly movie also had but mainly in fight scenes I'll decide if it looks good only after watching the full length trailer also we don't even fucking know what the plot going to be I just don't understand some fans literally wanting the upcoming movie to fail just so they can have more anime it doesn't make any sense to have an anime after a movie flops knowing this fan base there will still be some weirdos trashing on the TV series going on its better to have a movie that makes a lot of profit and also gets a TV anime which is what I think is gonna happen have faith, I'm 90 % sure the TV anime will be starting at some point in 2022!!
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"