Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed May 25, 2022 2:24 pm

PrinceVegetto wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:10 pm 2 weeks before Broly premiered Gogeta was revealed. Hype was over 9,000

2 weeks before Super Hero releases they reveal...a car :D :D

But don't worry everyone. Toei promised “this will be the most talked about film!” :thumbup:
As I said before is this the actions of a company confident in their work?

Iyoku should be fired for saying such blasphemy publicly most talked about film my ass. This braggadocious act never works out when these old geezers try and hype stuff.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed May 25, 2022 2:40 pm

Maybe the car is the REAL final boss?

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by PrinceVegetto » Wed May 25, 2022 3:10 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:14 pm Why are you guys worrying (or even care) about the marketing of a mega franchise produced by mega corporation instead of the quality of the story? It's not your job to sell the movie.
Personally speaking, it's not so much I care to sell the movie but I find it puzzling that given the franchise took a 4 year hiatus from TV/movie theatres, more marketing wasn't done to reach audience members that have forgotten about Super. Not everyone follows the manga.

YamiGoku wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:40 pm Maybe the car is the REAL final boss?
:lol: :lol:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:24 pm
PrinceVegetto wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:10 pm 2 weeks before Broly premiered Gogeta was revealed. Hype was over 9,000

2 weeks before Super Hero releases they reveal...a car :D :D

But don't worry everyone. Toei promised “this will be the most talked about film!” :thumbup:
As I said before is this the actions of a company confident in their work?

Iyoku should be fired for saying such blasphemy publicly most talked about film my ass. This braggadocious act never works out when these old geezers try and hype stuff.
Did you ever think about the mystery itself being the hype?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed May 25, 2022 3:30 pm

Finally Initial Z will be real and Piccolo's filler driving lessons will come to good use :lol:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:14 pm Why are you guys worrying (or even care) about the marketing of a mega franchise produced by mega corporation instead of the quality of the story? It's not your job to sell the movie.
I don't think anyone here is trying to "sell the movie" on Toei's behalf. It's more that the marketing, or lack thereof, might imply something about the quality of the story, to use your words. Though for me, it's not really about the story's quality, either, but its content. The marketing kinda suggests (to me anyway!) that there is no huge reveal that they intend to blow us away with or anything like that, what we've already been shown is pretty much what we're going to get (except for the malfunctioning machine in the trailer I guess). The comparison people here have made to Gogeta in DBS Broly comes to mind, if there was a big surprising reveal in the movie, there'd be several hints to it at this point, if not just a straight up visual of it or a description. I'll probably enjoy the movie, but I'm prepared for it to be pretty basic.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed May 25, 2022 4:47 pm

Miracles wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm Did you ever think about the mystery itself being the hype?
The marketing for Broly gave away that Gogeta would be in the movie, so keeping surprises for the movie itself doesn’t seem to be in Toei’s wheelhouse. Besides, there doesn’t seem to be much hype over any supposed mystery in this movie. No one’s saying that a Dragon Ball film needs to be hyped up on the level of a Marvel event movie, but this just doesn’t seem like something the anime community is all that excited for.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed May 25, 2022 5:26 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:47 pm
Miracles wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm Did you ever think about the mystery itself being the hype?
The marketing for Broly gave away that Gogeta would be in the movie, so keeping surprises for the movie itself doesn’t seem to be in Toei’s wheelhouse. Besides, there doesn’t seem to be much hype over any supposed mystery in this movie. No one’s saying that a Dragon Ball film needs to be hyped up on the level of a Marvel event movie, but this just doesn’t seem like something the anime community is all that excited for.
Eh idk they set that standard with the 1st Broly trailer that shit was damn near a MCU movie trailer from the music to the visuals shown.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed May 25, 2022 8:34 pm

He would be a DBcepticon!

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed May 25, 2022 10:18 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote:I'm hating when I'm pointing out all the BS excuses being made for this movie that dont make any sense?
If you're really doing that, then no. But if you are in a weird personal crusade to find anything you regard as a "BS excuse", making sense or not, then IMO yes, you're hating.

With that said, I'm hoping for a new trailer. It would be nice to see some new scenes.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:29 am

Not going to lie. Right now, the thing related to this movie I'm most excited for are the upcoming Figuarts. A better Piccolo, a new Ultimate Gohan and a good Buu arc Vegeta are something I'm definitely excited for.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu May 26, 2022 12:46 pm

I'm most excited to see a glimpse into Piccolo's life and his relationship with Pan. The fact that we aren't getting a bunch of "hype" promotion makes me hopeful that the focus of the movie will be on characters and silliness rather than action. The manga has been packed full of action since Broly came out, so I'm ready for something a bit more low-key.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Thu May 26, 2022 3:32 pm

batistabus wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:46 pm I'm most excited to see a glimpse into Piccolo's life and his relationship with Pan. The fact that we aren't getting a bunch of "hype" promotion makes me hopeful that the focus of the movie will be on characters and silliness rather than action. The manga has been packed full of action since Broly came out, so I'm ready for something a bit more low-key.
Yup. As I've said, I think this one is more "for the fans" than Broly, which is honestly really refreshing. It almost makes me wonder if there was some kind of deal made, like Toei really wanted a Broly film and Toriyama said "sure, but for the next one, we're gonna do things my way".

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 26, 2022 5:25 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:32 pm
Yup. As I've said, I think this one is more "for the fans" than Broly, which is honestly really refreshing. It almost makes me wonder if there was some kind of deal made, like Toei really wanted a Broly film and Toriyama said "sure, but for the next one, we're gonna do things my way".
The movies do follow a pattern... somewhat

BOG: Something Toriyama wanted to tell
ROF:Movie by Committee
BR: Movie by Committee
SH:Something Toriyama wanted to tell

which if there is another movie(depending on how severe the incoming fan backlash to this movie will be) it's probably gonna be a commitee movie

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:26 pm

Car hype

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu May 26, 2022 9:43 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:25 pmThe movies do follow a pattern... somewhat

which if there is another movie(depending on how severe the incoming fan backlash to this movie will be) it's probably gonna be a commitee movie
Can't wait for Dragon Ball Super: Broly 2 - The Wrath of Cooler, where Cooler comes out of nowhere and is somehow stronger than Broly after training for a month. Goten and Trunks show up too, but they're small again, making everybody mad. There's still no references to manga-exclusive stories, leading to people insisting the manga isn't canon. Again. Also, Broly is a Super Saiyan 4 now. They'll show off this new form in a trailer, two months before the release of the movie, leaving some to wonder why they even need to watch the movie anymore.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu May 26, 2022 11:58 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:43 pm
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:25 pmThe movies do follow a pattern... somewhat

Can't wait for Dragon Ball Super: Broly 2 - The Wrath of Cooler, where Cooler comes out of nowhere and is somehow stronger than Broly after training for a month.
Thanks for reminding me of that alternate DBS movie story about Coola that I posted in this thread. You can find it by searching for "Toei, take notes."
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

sigmasigma
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sigmasigma » Fri May 27, 2022 5:26 am

Finally a new trailer!
https://youtu.be/PguuUmMwXM4

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 27, 2022 5:38 am

sigmasigma wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:26 am Finally a new trailer!
https://youtu.be/PguuUmMwXM4
Wow, this really doesn't feel like the Slice of Life movie they were going for. This trailer is all action :shock:
I wonder if they changed the plans midway through or something. Or I guess the comfy scenes will be at the start before it gets serious, but that was always the case in DB movies anyhow.

sigmasigma
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sigmasigma » Fri May 27, 2022 5:38 am

Gohan!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri May 27, 2022 5:39 am

That looks awesome! :shock: