Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Coming 2022! (Toriyama Scripting!)

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:23 pm

sangofe wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:48 am I just noticed that Nappa's one of the exclusive figures for comic con. Could he be the slightly unexpected character to return?! (BTW, this is a wild guess out of nowhere else than these figures, it'd be strange for a new Nappa figure to be showing now, though).

https://www.db-z.com/comicconhome-2021- ... xclusives/
Just saw this. Holy hell, Nappa being the unexpected character sounds so unbelievable it might actually happen. But then, Toriyama said “slightly unexpected” which doesn’t really fit. Oh well. If it’s Nappa, I suppose Toriyama grew fond of him again after seeing him in Broly and decided to bring him back somehow. And under the crazy assumption that Nappa comes back, I would expect him to be comic relief and not much else.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 pm

emperior wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:23 pm
sangofe wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:48 am I just noticed that Nappa's one of the exclusive figures for comic con. Could he be the slightly unexpected character to return?! (BTW, this is a wild guess out of nowhere else than these figures, it'd be strange for a new Nappa figure to be showing now, though).

Just saw this. Holy hell, Nappa being the unexpected character sounds so unbelievable it might actually happen. But then, Toriyama said “slightly unexpected” which doesn’t really fit. Oh well. If it’s Nappa, I suppose Toriyama grew fond of him again after seeing him in Broly and decided to bring him back somehow. And under the crazy assumption that Nappa comes back, I would expect him to be comic relief and not much else.
I highly doubt it’s Nappa but I always wondered what if Nappa and Raditz somehow came back and saw that Vegeta turned good and joined up with Goku to protect Earth. I’d kind of want to see something like that

Of course most people are probably wanting Nappa and Raditz to be redeemed but I’d like them to still be evil. Still unless they would be manipulated in some way by someone or something else neither would be much of an actual threat

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Images of toys that "spoil" what'll be in the movie? Hum... where have I seen that before...? Hum... :think:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:02 pm

*Wonders if Nappa theory, if it comes true, has any inspiration from TFS' success even though we're years out from Abridged and Toei themselves aren't fans.*

Well, it's that 24 hour window where I still have hope it'll be something brand new with exciting locations, mystique, and entertaining antagonists all in Shintani 2D art I'll enjoy even though I'm fully expecting them to go the easy route of Cooler, Bebi, or Moro all in CGI.

I've been kinda disconnected lately from DB, but not so much so that the right recipe of ingredients couldn't pull me back in.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 pm

Nappa is not coming back outside of flashbacks like he got in the Broly movie.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:31 pm

precita wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 pm Nappa is not coming back outside of flashbacks like he got in the Broly movie.
Beware of stating such absolutes. Look what happened last time with Broly, when people were still in denial even when the poster first leaked…

Not saying I am expecting Nappa to truly appear, but Dragon Ball can be so unpredictable that I wouldn’t rule out such a possibility.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:41 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:49 am Is it a leak if it is official? I say it's more of a teaser
If it wasn't officially intended to be public yet, it's a leak.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:52 am

Today is the day! Let's just hope we will get more than a promotional artwork of Goku standing there :lol:
Well at least it would confirm the art style though, always something. But yeah, I want to know the movie's premise!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:18 am

What are you guys’ theories and wishes about the movie?

I would like for it to be set after EoZ. I have no particular wish for the story but I would definitely like it to be either about Uub, about Planet Sadala or a sequel to Broly’s story. It would also be cool for it to be about the multiverse, maybe a direct sequel to the Tournament of Power’s story featuring Universe 11 and possibly the Demon who killed Jiren’s master.

My theory is that it will be set after Granolah, kind of ignoring but not contradicting anything of what happened in Moro and what’s happening with Granolah. And it will heavily feature Broly as I believe they have been saving him for this moment.

My bet is on the canonisation of Baby rumour becoming true. It would also explain why Vegeta is getting a lot of love in the current manga arc, as he wouldn’t really be featured if Baby takes over his body.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:48 am

My two main guesses:
It will have Broli in it
It will be set after Granola arc, with Gokuu having mastered MnG without the transformation

I still think it has sense that they introduce something from GT next, but after Granola Baby would have to be related to Granola or have his saiyajin revenge motivations changed. Maybe -please, no- they will just introduce SS4 for Broli (or Karoli, to give it also to Gokuu and since they used Fusion against him in the last movie)
Last edited by pepd on Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:48 am

I am betting on the film being set between the Broly movie and the Moro arc as a side story. I don't feel like they will have the guts to make a film after the ongoing Granola arc without an anime adaptation from Moro to Granola.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:22 am

I would feel pretty hyped if all we get is a promo image of Goku standing there but he's in his end of z get up

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:48 am

I just hope it's another Goku/Vegeta solo movie. It was fine for Broly since that was dealing with the history of the Saiyans but I don't want to see that again

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:12 am

I hope it's Broli, Cheelai and Lemo on a journey to find Baa and rescue them. :)
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:25 am

I was worried nothing was announced because I didn't see anything new in this thread. I checked the schedule again and it's supposed to be 10 am PST so 1 pm here :lol:. Oh well still soon!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 am

But it's very likely that nothing will be revealed anyway. Movie is scheduled to release next year, so there's still plenty of time to keep people waiting for any kind of information. Chances are that half an hour will be about the cast saying "movie is incredible (laughs)" and the other half will belong to Kageyama.

Jump Festa will certainly have substantial stuff since the movie was announced before it.

Do not get your hopes up. You'll thank me later.
Last edited by Grimlock on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MajinKZ

Post by MajinKZ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:29 am

emperior wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:23 pm

It would be so out of the blue if Nappa was the unexpected character…..I saw the figuart, what would be the point of it unless he at least APPEARS in the movie? If not Nappa, definitely something related to Saiyans, so…..Raditz? Turles? The “slightly unexpected” makes me think Broly now. Very funny however if it is Nappa.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:33 am

Wishes: set after EoZ have Goku and Vegeta training with Broly (and Uub I guess, if it's after EoZ), find some reason to have them travel to another universe to help an acquaintance (be it Jiren, Hit, or the saiyagirls), and see Broly and Jiren team up and fail.

Against who? well, hopefully, they are actually putting some thought into the antagonist and not looking at old posters for ideas, but if they are as lazy as usual, then a revamp of Janemba wouldn't hurt me. I'd rather learn about Jiren's demon or maybe some big bad from one of the universes that didn't enter the ToP.

A non-saiyan related foe would be just great(current arc, and the last 2, -should I say 3?, movies were), please no tsufuru.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:58 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 am and the other half will belong to Kageyama.
Speaking of Kageyama, I wish they let him sing anything else than the two DBZ Openings these days :(
Come on, not all of his Z songs were composed by Yamamoto! Even though he did plenty of them indeed.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:58 am
Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 am and the other half will belong to Kageyama.
Speaking of Kageyama, I wish they let him sing anything else than the two DBZ Openings these days :(
Come on, not all of his Z songs were composed by Yamamoto! Even though he did plenty of them indeed.
I suspect that instrumental tracks for many old Dragon Ball songs are not readily digitally available. That would explain why they only rely on which ever tracks are available.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf