Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:35 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:58 am Apparently Toriyama's son sauske toriyama took the super hero project https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1550636687478251521
Sasuke Toriyama is a great name.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:39 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:58 am Apparently Toriyama's son sauske toriyama took the super hero project https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1550636687478251521
To me, that just sounds like a quality assurance position. Basically traveling to Toei's office (since Toriyama won't), looking at the work in progress, and saying things like "my father wouldn't like this", etc.
TheMajinRedComet wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:41 pm Just a heads up. Tickets are on sale in the USA! It seems to be a full theatrical release on a bunch of screens in dubbed and subbed. Plus it is available in IMAX too.
Just got mine! Seeing it subtitled at the Alamo Drafthouse on Thursday and seeing the dub on Sunday.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:50 pm

DBS: Super Hero has been rated PG-13 in the United States. First DB movie to get that rating in the USA.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:03 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:50 pm DBS: Super Hero has been rated PG-13 in the United States. First DB movie to get that rating in the USA.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:32 am

Apparently, it looks like screenings of the Japanese version is limited to one per evening after 10pm in Toronto, Canada. Kinda sucks cuz public transportation is a bitch after 12am. Imax screenings no good either. Most of the imax screenings are in the lieMAX theatres. Think I'll just settle for the English dubbed UltraAVX screening near my place instead. It is what it is. 😩
The world is your's.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:56 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:50 pm DBS: Super Hero has been rated PG-13 in the United States. First DB movie to get that rating in the USA.
Surprising. I wouldn't have said Super Hero was more deserving of that than the last two movies. It was as light hearted as Battle of Gods it seemed.

There were a lot of deaths in Resurrection F.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:46 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:56 pmThere were a lot of deaths in Resurrection F.
All of which happen off-screen.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:36 am

Beast Gohan sounds cool in paper, but design-wise still very lackluster for me. It mimics Gohan's most hyped transformation, but recolored with a stupid big hair length.
Like someone have said before: people working in the project might have thought it looked stupid too, but didn't have the balls to say to the man himself like his directors did it in the past when the original manga was in serialization.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:53 am

Noah wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:36 am Beast Gohan sounds cool in paper, but design-wise still very lackluster for me. It mimics Gohan's most hyped transformation, but recolored with a stupid big hair length.
Like someone have said before: people working in the project might have thought it looked stupid too, but didn't have the balls to say to the man himself like his directors did it in the past when the original manga was in serialization.
It doesn't take balls too tell someone who is new too the business not to do something.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:16 am

Noah wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:36 am with a stupid big hair length.
I just want Beast Gohan in DB Legends to see how much of phone's screen space will be taken by the gigantic hair :lol:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:31 am

Honestly, I think if you made Beast Gohan retain Ultimate Gohan's black hair and reduced the grown length down a bit (while still being noticeably more than Ultimate), you'd have a better design.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:31 am Honestly, I think if you made Beast Gohan retain Ultimate Gohan's black hair and reduced the grown length down a bit (while still being noticeably more than Ultimate), you'd have a better design.
Honestly, I'd just keep the hair the same size as Ultimate's. Everything else can change, and I'd be okay with it. The hair size is really killing me.

sigmasigma
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sigmasigma » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:19 am

Thani wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 am
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:31 am Honestly, I think if you made Beast Gohan retain Ultimate Gohan's black hair and reduced the grown length down a bit (while still being noticeably more than Ultimate), you'd have a better design.
Honestly, I'd just keep the hair the same size as Ultimate's. Everything else can change, and I'd be okay with it. The hair size is really killing me.
I am fine with that since I love SSJ2 Gohan in Cell saga

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:00 am

Been saying for years now that the new forms should just change the eye color and aura. Expression/demeanor changes are also welcome and I wouldn't mind subtle changes to hair color occasionally like streaks, energized strands, or highlights. The best parts of Orange Piccolo and Gohan beast are the red eyes, demeanor changes, and in the case of Piccolo, THE GAINS.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:39 pm

What the fuck is going on?

The English version comes out in under 10 days from now, and the promotion for this film is still virtually nonexistent.

I have friends that are fans of Dragonball who aren’t hardcore but enjoy the series who don’t even know the film is coming out until I show them. Like the marketing for this film vs Broly is so incomparable it’s mind boggling.

The sad part is the film is good, but it’s like the effort on the part of Toei is very noticeable. It’s unfair to compare the box office numbers between modern dragonball movies with such an abysmal marketing campaign this time around.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:23 am

It's true that I have noticed that besides the niche public on sites like here or Anime News Network, marketing is virtually non-existant.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:55 pm

Maybe the advertising is just really targeted? Literally every time I've opened Twitter for the past month, I've see a sponsored DBS:SH ad from Crunchyroll. They also had a trailer before Thor: Love and Thunder. I forget what DBS:Broly advertising was like...can anyone remind me?

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:10 pm

batistabus wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:55 pm Maybe the advertising is just really targeted? Literally every time I've opened Twitter for the past month, I've see a sponsored DBS:SH ad from Crunchyroll. They also had a trailer before Thor: Love and Thunder. I forget what DBS:Broly advertising was like...can anyone remind me?
All I remember from back in 2019 was ads of Gogeta Blue fighting Broly, saying "THE MIGHTIEST VS MIGHTIEST". I was super hyped for the movie thanks to these ads on Cartoon Network.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:23 am

Toei would rather release One Piece Film: Red over Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero in Hong Kong and Taiwan. That's how bad it's gotten.

Like literally, One Piece: Red gets a release date very close to its Japanese theatrical release over there while Dragon Ball gets a late September release. Why?!
The world is your's.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:55 am

tinlunlau wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:23 am Toei would rather release One Piece Film: Red over Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero in Hong Kong and Taiwan. That's how bad it's gotten.

Like literally, One Piece: Red gets a release date very close to its Japanese theatrical release over there while Dragon Ball gets a late September release. Why?!
not only that but Toei premired Red film the SAME DAY(August 6) in FRANCE, super hero didnt get that either. I think they didnt have enough faith in this movie, another thing when a franchise movie earns less domestically its a sign that franchise is running out of steam or didnt popular enough anymore so even though broly movie was a massive success it was not good revenue wise domestically check this out -Why domestic box office is more important https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comm ... n_foreign/