Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Coming 2022?

Post by Gt91 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:01 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:54 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:31 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm What if they revive Cell now? lol
I always had a cool idea of a Cell cult that exist in the Dragon Ball world. You have a group of people that believe that he is a god, and they use the Dragon Balls to wish him back. Other than that, I can't think anyone would win

Cell was also shown in the recent DB Heroes trailer with a Halo on his head. It's possible that they could be teasing him for the upcoming movie.
The Cell Jrs could probably be used to recreate Cell without having to wish him back, and he could even be upgraded with DNA from Moro and Broly, but I hope it doesn't happen unless it's a side story and Gohan or Gotenks deal with him.
You are right! They are still alive on the island where 17 works. I forget about that... It's a possibility!

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Coming 2022! (Toriyama Scripting!)

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon May 10, 2021 3:49 pm

It does feel a bit like 'much a do about nothing' because we already knew the movie was coming. 2022 had not yet been confirmed, but otherwise, not that much new under the sun. It is in line with expectations that the film will either take place shortly after Broly (in which case, there is a good chance that Broly will return, given his popularity with film audiences) and just before the Moro arc. Ultra Instinct didn't appear in Broly, but I do expect them to use UI in the new movie. It has been the benchmark since TOP. Which is strange for the audience that follows the manga (like us): Goku will probably still use MUI in the not fully mastered state.

I'd rather not see a revamp of old movie villains. However, it could be Cooler. Freeza has now seen what the power of metamorian fusion can bring about. Then he needs a partner in crime to fuse with, of course ... And (Golden or whatever) Cooler is a suitable candidate, since King Cold has already disappeared in smoke for a while. If Gogeta Blue struggles against this Cooler - Freeza merger, then a temporary flare-up of MUI could provide a last resort. I'd rather see a completely original scenario, different from this one, but I see them taking such a path ... because they know that revamps work for the general public.

That is actually a '' step back '' for the audience that did follow the manga. It is not inconceivable that the new film will meet after the Granolah arc. Moro arc itself being adapted in the movie? That is still possible, but I honestly do not expect that to be the first at this point. I actually expect a different approach because apparently Toriyama was already working on the script in 2018 / 2019.
If the anime were to return, it should actually be within a year of the movie. It is of little commercial use to first create hype with a new film and only do a new series in 2025. Unless, of course, they do not intend to do a new series, but just to wait another 3 years for a new film. and spread it that way for as long as possible.

So new visuals: more or even completely CGI impossible? I don't know, really good DB anime is just as difficult to make because the fights are so time consuming for the animators. It is therefore not entirely out of the question that they will eventually go for full CGI fights, because it is simply a more efficient solution once the technology is up to date and is also immediately suitable for the 'cinema experience'. I know many don't want it or find it not an attractive thought right now, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't happen. Be prepared it's possible!
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Mon May 10, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon May 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:49 pm It does feel a bit like 'much a do about nothing' because we already knew the movie was coming. 2022 had not yet been confirmed, but otherwise, not that much new under the sun. It is in line with expectations that the film will either take place shortly after Broly (in which case, there is a good chance that Broly will return, given his popularity with film audiences) and just before the Moro arc. Ultra Instinct didn't appear in Broly, but I do expect them to use UI in the new movie. It has been the benchmark since TOP. Which is strange for the audience that follows the manga (like us): Goku will probably still use MUI in the not fully mastered state.

I'd rather not see a revamp of old movie villains. However, it could be cooler. Freeza has now seen what the power of metamorian fusion can bring about. Then he needs a partner in crime to fuse with, of course ... And (Golden) Cooler is a suitable candidate, since King Cold has already disappeared in smoke for a while. If Gogeta Blue struggles against this Cooler - Freeza merger, then a temporary flare-up of MUI could provide a last resort. I'd rather see a completely original scenario, different from this one, but I see them taking such a path ... because they know that revamps work for the general public.

That is actually a '' step back '' for the audience that did follow the manga. It is not inconceivable that the new film will meet after the Granolah arc. Moro arc itself? That is still possible, but I honestly do not expect that to be the first at this point. I actually expect a different approach because apparently Toriyama was already working on the script in 2018 / 2019. Then the Moro arc had yet to come.
If the anime were to return, it should actually be within a year of the movie. It is of little commercial use to first create hype with a new film and only do a new series in 2025. Unless, of course, they do not intend to do a new series, but just to wait another 3 years for a new film. and spread it that way for as long as possible.

So new visuals: more or even completely CGI impossible? I don't know, really good DB anime is just as difficult to make because the fights are so time consuming for the animators. It is therefore not entirely out of the question that they will eventually go for full CGI fights, because it is simply a more efficient solution once the technology is up to date and is also immediately suitable for the 'cinema experience'. I know many don't want it or find it not an attractive thought right now, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't happen. Be prepared it's possible!
Its this stuff that worries me. I think I agree with your predictions except I imagine the ending would involve Broly aiding Gogeta Blue in some way or something. The film I really hope does more than just give us a regurgitation of stuff we've seen. And the film really should try to shake up the status quo. Since when did Dragon Ball need every character to be as the audience knew them. Gohan was at first 4, crazy to think about because his younger brother is stuck as a 12 year old with growth problems.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:01 pm
HeroR wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:29 pm

This is just false. Despite being Beerus' twin, they're not the same character. Beerus has a million in half berserk buttons and was going to destroy the Earth over pudding. Champa despite being more boorish was overall nicer than Beerus, doesn't destroy stuff just cause, and actually shown to be able to plan ahead more than Beerus when he was the one who gave Kale and Cali Potara earrings.
Like when he attempted to erase Hit and his teammates from existence (so they'd be denied the afterlife too) just because they lost a stupid game? Yeah, he's such a nice guy.
He's really not. His own 'justice' is just a thin excuse to justify him murdering people that he deemed undesirable, including his own teacher and his fellow gods. And when he was called out on this, he basically just said 'but justice'.
No, he admitted that he killed the other Gods because they couldn't understand his vision and would try to stop him. He's very blunt about his reasons for killing the other Gods. And Yes, Zamasu has a twisted idea of justice, that's what makes him complex. What you think doesn't make him complex, is precisely what makes him complex and compelling. The fact that he thinks he's doing the right thing by punishing mortals, which he sees as criminals.

The argument that you and others use is "Zamasu is not complex, he's just the first DB villain who thinks he's doing the right thing", but that's precisely what makes him complex. Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, Buu never cared about doing the right thing.
"You're just a mass-murderer"
So then following your logic Vegeta was a chaotic evil villain and never stopped being one, right? Since he killed so many innocents.
Trunks never agreed with Zamasu. Trunks told Zamasu to STFU every time he opened his mouth and Gowaru only agreed with Zamasu with mortals being flawed. He then pointed out that the gods weren't perfect either.
Trunks agreed with Zamasu that he was a sinner (he was basically left speechless after Zamasu argued that Trunks committed a crime by time travelling, which he did), Gowasu agreed with Zamasu that Trunks was a fool for travelling through time.

The story shows us that some of Zamasu's points are more than valid, meanwhile the story never pretends that any of Paragus' "points" are valid. Paragus doesn't even have a philosophy, he's just an abusive father lol. Saving his son is not a philosophy, it's his son who is also a freak of nature. It's just logic to save him.
Those were regular ki balls, not Hakai. So he wasn't going to erased them from existence and despite that, that is still nicer than most of Beerus' actions. Remember, Beerus destroyed half a planet over greasy food.

Because they disagree with him, he decide to murder them. Not a good reason to kill your coworkers. Even Vegeta called him out on this saying he wants to make a world for the gods, but killed all the gods except literally himself. Him having a twisted sense of justice doesn't make him complex, it just make him crazy. A crazy serial killer justifying his actions just like Light from Death Note.

He's only complex to the villains you named because those villains are extremely shallow. In comparison, having some motive other than 'to be evil' is complex compared to Frieza, Cell, and Buu. Especially Cell and Buu who along with King Piccolo are some of the shallowest villains in manga.

Yes, Vegeta's a former mass-murderer who was really shallow, your point? The different is, Vegeta learned and acknowledged that he was an asshole and he was going to hell for it. Since then, he strived to be a better person. So, how exactly does that compared to Zamasu who remained unrepentant until he got erased?

Trunks said even if he called him a sinner, his actions weren't wrong. So he basically told Zamasu 'call me a sinner, but I'm right'. So he didn't agree with Zamasu, especially when Zamasu's entire speech was 'you made me a murderer' when he was already heading in that direction before he knew what Trunks did. And Gowasu said that about time-traveling, not Trunks since he didn't know nothing about Trunks nor the reason why he time traveled to begin with.

The only points that the story showed were 'valid' was that mortal were flawed and so were the gods. Half which Zamasu didn't acknowledged since he always thought he was right because he was a god.

You don't need a 'philosophy' to be complex. And he didn't even start as abusive since his first thought was to save his son even when King Vegeta threatened to kill him. So even in the movie, they didn't just show Paragus as an abuser with no redeeming qualities. Especially when Paragus acknowledged that his actions were going to kill Broly. Which is more than I can say about Zamasu.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm
HeroR wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:38 am In terms of a villains, Paragus is more complex than Zamasu. Because he started out a Saiyan trying to save his son who was sent to a death world out of jealousy to a king that he saw as his friend, but after being stranded on said death world for 40 something years, lost his way and started to see his son as a weapon for his revenge and abused him. Only in the end when he thought Broly would be killed did he somewhat became the man who saw at the beginning of the movie. And despite Paragus being an abusive SOB, he still showed signs that he did care about Broly.
I think this is a good analysis of Paragus' character. He starts as a good, devoted father, the circumstances and the passage of time make him bitter and willing to use his son as a weapon because he is consumed by vengeance, and as soon as he sees his son isn't that big of a weapon, his inner conflict arises, he knows his son might die, and there's nothing he can he do. Freeza isn't going to call him back. A victim turned villain, turned victim again...

Zamasu on the other hand, was always a bad seed, since his introduction at least, he had no inner conflict, only how the story treated it, but there were no doubts in his mind. There was never a contradiction in his mind, he was always certain of how he felt about mortals and what to do about it, he only grows more certain. He was never "oh no, wait, maybe if ningen were left to their devices... in a given positive environment.." NO. Fuck'em all. The complex part comes from him having a job that is the opposite of what he believes, but he, himself, never was conflicted about how he felt.
In the anime, Zamasu did have some conflict since he had several hearts-to-hearts with Gowasu and did take his teacher's opinion on matters somewhat seriously. Zamasu issue was, he never once considered that he was wrong, just that everyone else didn't get it. In short, Zamasu thought he was the only smartest/sane person in the room, which is unfortunate true in real life. Once he got his beliefs confirmed by meeting Goku, that was the end of that. He just became more zealot.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon May 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:01 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:49 pm It does feel a bit like 'much a do about nothing' because we already knew the movie was coming. 2022 had not yet been confirmed, but otherwise, not that much new under the sun. It is in line with expectations that the film will either take place shortly after Broly (in which case, there is a good chance that Broly will return, given his popularity with film audiences) and just before the Moro arc. Ultra Instinct didn't appear in Broly, but I do expect them to use UI in the new movie. It has been the benchmark since TOP. Which is strange for the audience that follows the manga (like us): Goku will probably still use MUI in the not fully mastered state.

I'd rather not see a revamp of old movie villains. However, it could be cooler. Freeza has now seen what the power of metamorian fusion can bring about. Then he needs a partner in crime to fuse with, of course ... And (Golden) Cooler is a suitable candidate, since King Cold has already disappeared in smoke for a while. If Gogeta Blue struggles against this Cooler - Freeza merger, then a temporary flare-up of MUI could provide a last resort. I'd rather see a completely original scenario, different from this one, but I see them taking such a path ... because they know that revamps work for the general public.

That is actually a '' step back '' for the audience that did follow the manga. It is not inconceivable that the new film will meet after the Granolah arc. Moro arc itself? That is still possible, but I honestly do not expect that to be the first at this point. I actually expect a different approach because apparently Toriyama was already working on the script in 2018 / 2019. Then the Moro arc had yet to come.

Its this stuff that worries me. I think I agree with your predictions except I imagine the ending would involve Broly aiding Gogeta Blue in some way or something. The film I really hope does more than just give us a regurgitation of stuff we've seen. And the film really should try to shake up the status quo. Since when did Dragon Ball need every character to be as the audience knew them. Gohan was at first 4, crazy to think about because his younger brother is stuck as a 12 year old with growth problems.

You see, i very much agree with you concerning original storylines and evolving characters.
The thing is ... they want to milk "canon DB by Toriyama" as long as possible. That good old nostalgic universe " as we all know it" therefore "has to revisited".
The safest way to establish this nostalgia is by using existing concepts, characters as they have always been and of course what "everyone" wants to see: very spectacular animated fights. In the manga or even the anime if it were to return, you may want to try something moderately new, but a movie has to grant those ticket sales.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon May 10, 2021 6:55 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:34 amIt's funny how back in the day people wanted old characters to be relevant and to come back (android 17) but now it's just "dumb fanservice" when ever that happens. Funny how everything that people wanted back in the day they got in Super :lol:.
Sure we wanted more characters to be revelant, but not to the point of seeming forced like Master Roshi in RoF and Krillin and Tien on ToP.

I had nothing against #17 return, but I didn't like how they made him stupid strong by doing nothing than taking care of animals on an island. Sure Toriyama said androids could improve if they train, but to the point of being on par with Blue (anime) or SSJ3 (manga)? That's just ridiculous.
Koitsukai wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm I think this is a good analysis of Paragus' character. He starts as a good, devoted father, the circumstances and the passage of time make him bitter and willing to use his son as a weapon because he is consumed by vengeance, and as soon as he sees his son isn't that big of a weapon, his inner conflict arises, he knows his son might die, and there's nothing he can he do. Freeza isn't going to call him back. A victim turned villain, turned victim again...
I think that as well, the only thing that I don't like about Paragus was how lame he was killed... sure it was a reference to the guy who he killed while escaping from King Vegeta, but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
HeroR wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm Zamasu having a twisted sense of justice doesn't make him complex, it just make him crazy. A crazy serial killer justifying his actions just like Light from Death Note.
Seeing this comparison again it makes me think if Toriyama/Toei writters were inspired by Death Note, if so I think they did pretty bad. If they wanted to introduce a villain like Light, they should have more time to developing this type of character.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Mon May 10, 2021 7:53 pm

I would have much preferred to get to see Toei's spin on the Moro arc, rather than what seems to be something completely irrespective of what the manga is doing, and instead some fan service movie presumably. It's annoying.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon May 10, 2021 9:06 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:53 pm I would have much preferred to get to see Toei's spin on the Moro arc, rather than what seems to be something completely irrespective of what the manga is doing, and instead some fan service movie presumably. It's annoying.
The ToP ended a month before Broly was released so the same could happen with the Granolah arc and the next movie. Since Toriyama's involved in the manga, I doubt he would completely ignore it so I think it's likely the movie will be set after Moro and Granolah.

The major development since Broly so far is that Goku learned to use UI at will so that might be briefly explained at the beginning before moving on with the movie's story then the anime covers those two arcs later. It's early to know what the movie will be about or when it'll take place so there's still hope!

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Mon May 10, 2021 9:47 pm

Skar wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:06 pm
BagetaSama wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:53 pm I would have much preferred to get to see Toei's spin on the Moro arc, rather than what seems to be something completely irrespective of what the manga is doing, and instead some fan service movie presumably. It's annoying.
The ToP ended a month before Broly was released so the same could happen with the Granolah arc and the next movie. Since Toriyama's involved in the manga, I doubt he would completely ignore it so I think it's likely the movie will be set after Moro and Granolah.

The major development since Broly so far is that Goku learned to use UI at will so that might be briefly explained at the beginning before moving on with the movie's story then the anime covers those two arcs later. It's early to know what the movie will be about or when it'll take place so there's still hope!
Thats not true. There was an 8 month gap between the end of the ToP and the Broly arc. The anime ended in April, Broly aired in December.

But yeah, there is still hope lol. But I love the Moro arc a lot, maybe more than most people, and I think if the anime version had a Moro arc, and changed a few things like they do with the anime version compared to the manga with previous arcs, it could truly be an incredible arc, especially if we had non-Yammamoto animation. That's why this is so disappointing to me, because it seems as though it means there won't be an anime Moro arc. Frankly, if there's a movie and THEN the anime comes back, it would be jarring and not really cohesive, but id still be happy if I got an anime Moro arc. Ideally, one that doesn't strictly adapt the Toyotaro version, and puts their own spin on it like each medium has been doing.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm What if they revive Cell now? lol
I always had a cool idea of a Cell cult that exist in the Dragon Ball world. You have a group of people that believe that he is a god, and they use the Dragon Balls to wish him back. Other than that, I can't think anyone would win

Cell was also shown in the recent DB Heroes trailer with a Halo on his head. It's possible that they could be teasing him for the upcoming movie.
The Cell Jrs could probably be used to recreate Cell without having to wish him back, and he could even be upgraded with DNA from Moro and Broly, but I hope it doesn't happen unless it's a side story and Gohan or Gotenks deal with him.
I hope it does happen. Having a renewed Cell with fresh new cells of all the Boos, Moro, and even Broly...! Count me in! His potential would be INSANE! Lol I’d definitely watch that.

Alternatively, he would also get the cells of Hit, Beerus, and Whis!

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon May 10, 2021 10:13 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:47 pmThats not true. There was an 8 month gap between the end of the ToP and the Broly arc. The anime ended in April, Broly aired in December.
I meant the manga version of the ToP since I recall it ended in November then Broly was released in Japan the following month. The anime was more popular but there's no anime at this point so I think it would make sense the next movie could be released after Granolah ends so that it could be set right after that arc.

I agree it could be a little confusing but the general audience might get the gist of it if it's explained Goku trained to use UI between Broly and this movie. It could be similar to what happened with Broly for the audience that only watched the movies. There was a brief explanation why Freeza was alive again after being killed again in RoF and a shot of some ToP contestants but it didn't go into much detail of the three arcs between RoF and Broly.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon May 10, 2021 10:30 pm

Gt91 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:01 pm

You are right! They are still alive on the island where 17 works. I forget about that... It's a possibility!
Gohan killed the Cell Juniors

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 pm

Peach wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:30 pm
Gt91 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:01 pm
Gohan killed the Cell Juniors
They actually survived and live on 17's animal sanctuary island. 17 got so strong from fighting with them over the years.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon May 10, 2021 10:41 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:07 pm

I hope it does happen. Having a renewed Cell with fresh new cells of all the Boos, Moro, and even Broly...! Count me in! His potential would be INSANE! Lol I’d definitely watch that.

Alternatively, he would also get the cells of Hit, Beerus, and Whis!
I have a feeling Whis doesn't have regular cells like a mortal, same with Buu, but he could probably get Beerus' cells. He would be insanely powerful, but I'd rather see new characters., so if they bring him back I hope it's for a mini arc and Gohan defeats him, it would be fitting.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 pmThey actually survived and live on 17's animal sanctuary island. 17 got so strong from fighting with them over the years.
You shouldn't take a gag so seriously... and even if it was serious, you mean survived? Gohan just obliterated them to smithereens.
I'll credit Toyotaro for coming up with something to make #17 power boost more credible, but that's just make things worse.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon May 10, 2021 10:57 pm

Noah wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 pm
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 pmThey actually survived and live on 17's animal sanctuary island. 17 got so strong from fighting with them over the years.
You shouldn't take a gag so seriously... and even if it was serious, you mean survived? Gohan just obliterated them to smithereens.
I'll credit Toyotaro for coming up with something to make #17 power boost more credible, but that's just make things worse.
It wasn't a gag scene, some of their body remained and they regenerated and live on 17's Island. 17 tamed them and they attack anyone on the island that's not a ranger.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Tue May 11, 2021 12:56 am

Skar wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:13 pm
BagetaSama wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:47 pmThats not true. There was an 8 month gap between the end of the ToP and the Broly arc. The anime ended in April, Broly aired in December.
I meant the manga version of the ToP since I recall it ended in November then Broly was released in Japan the following month. The anime was more popular but there's no anime at this point so I think it would make sense the next movie could be released after Granolah ends so that it could be set right after that arc.

I agree it could be a little confusing but the general audience might get the gist of it if it's explained Goku trained to use UI between Broly and this movie. It could be similar to what happened with Broly for the audience that only watched the movies. There was a brief explanation why Freeza was alive again after being killed again in RoF and a shot of some ToP contestants but it didn't go into much detail of the three arcs between RoF and Broly.
Why would when the manga ended matter in this case? The abime has to operate on its own schedule and end at a decent time before the movie. I dont think they would release an anime, and not have it end in time for the movie to fit in chronologically, that would imply that the manga is the one leading this operation, but obviously the anime has always been the main product for marketing purposes and so on.

nhienphan2808
Beyond Newbie

Post by nhienphan2808 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:11 am

Personally i never consider DBS anime (except the broadest concept of it) nor especially DBS manga canon for this timeline, so the 5 year gap and Goten & Trunks' ages still works. Excited for Toriyama to break expectations yet again. I dont think Toei or Toyotaro even understands the characters they are writing.
ShadowWolf87 wrote:Freeza beat Goku, beat Vegeta, and destroyed the Earth. Even if no one else knows it, who does? Goku.
Who gets told it's his fault for being so careless? Goku.
Who has to live with that similar to how he wanted to make Freeza live with the fact he'd been beaten by what he considered trash, and have to live with that shame? Goku.
Freeza got the perfect revenge.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue May 11, 2021 4:12 am

BagetaSama wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:56 amWhy would when the manga ended matter in this case? The abime has to operate on its own schedule and end at a decent time before the movie. I dont think they would release an anime, and not have it end in time for the movie to fit in chronologically, that would imply that the manga is the one leading this operation, but obviously the anime has always been the main product for marketing purposes and so on.
Both versions of the ToP ended before Broly but my point was that the manga was behind and still ended that arc the month before Broly. It could just be a coincidence or it was planned to happen that way. At this point, the manga is the only current product so I don't see why the same wouldn't happen again with the current arc and the next movie but that's only assuming the movie will take place after Granolah.