Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:14 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:45 pm
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 am
OLKv3 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:51 am This movie feels like a big fat nothing. Tired of the nostalgia bait this series loves to do nowadays.
If it was such a nostalgia bait why did it not pick more popular stuff than the Red Ribbon Army?
I mean, the look of Gohan in this movie clearly pays homage to Teen Gohan from the Cell saga, who is one of the most popular fan-favourites. So while it's true that these villains are unlikely to even be remembered after this movie, they are clearly appealing to the Gohan nostalgia in the MC department.
Damn, you didn't have to do the fish boys like that :cry:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm

I would like the two mysterious characters to be older Goten and Trunks and this movie being the last story before we move past EOZ.
Mostly likely it will be a transformation from one of the saiyans and the villain final form.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:19 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:06 pm
Skar wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 am
Mr_CINDER wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:06 amThe CGI getting hate for necessary reasons as I mentioned in my previous post,The thing is the more we accept mediocrity and poor quality product the more they will make it for us to consume and this will become the new norm that is an absolute reality you like it or not.
I think these kinds of comments are unfair. If someone isn't criticizing the movie or CGI every comment, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll accept anything they consider poor quality. There were several sequels, reboots, etc of popular franchises in the last few years that didn't breakeven. The majority of people who didn't care enough to watch them in theaters also didn't care enough to rant about them online. I'm kinda in the same boat. I look forward to the movie but I'm waiting to learn more to decide if I'll be interested enough to watch it in theaters or wait until it's available for streaming.

Dragon Ball isn't being read, watched or enjoyed anymore. It's simply being consumed, that's the main problem.
Even if this movie is well bellow standards, lots of people will watch it anyways, because 'at long last there is new DB-animated material that matters, hype, hype, hype'.
The standard DB-fan doesn't really want quality, he is simply so desperate for new content that basically everything is good, even if he has seen the same content dozens of times before. As long as it has the signature Akira Toriyama beneath it, he will be pleased with it.

We shouldn't be brainwashed by nostalgia alone. We have the right to call it good enough or not.
Finally someone gets it thank you.

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:47 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm Image

I would like the two mysterious characters to be older Goten and Trunks and this movie being the last story before we move past EOZ.
Mostly likely it will be a transformation from one of the saiyans and the villain final form.
You know it won't be Goten and Trunks... Because Toriyama doesn't care

I think it will be Gamma fusion and new Gohan form

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Mr_CINDER wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:19 pm Finally someone gets it thank you.
At this point y'all are purposefully not actually reading or engaging with your fellow fans having a conversation with you.

This is now a formal administrative warning. If you're not willing to have a conversation, we're not willing to have you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:32 pm

Soba Mask wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:47 pm You know it won't be Goten and Trunks... Because Toriyama doesn't care
Uhm.. Trunks is already confirmed to be in this movie via the inclusion of Takeshi Kusao in the credits.
Goten should be guaranteed too since they tend to be together all the time.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:50 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:58 pm
At this point y'all are purposefully not actually reading or engaging with your fellow fans having a conversation with you.

This is now a formal administrative warning. If you're not willing to have a conversation, we're not willing to have you.
Actually, about that, I can't locate a general rules list, but is there actually any mandate where a user is policy-obligated to have to engage with someone they don't wish to engage with?

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:11 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:32 pm
Soba Mask wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:47 pm You know it won't be Goten and Trunks... Because Toriyama doesn't care
Uhm.. Trunks is already confirmed to be in this movie via the inclusion of Takeshi Kusao in the credits.
Goten should be guaranteed too since they tend to be together all the time.
I think he meant to say it won’t be a grown up Goten and Trunks which is most likely. They hate having to do anything past EoZ or even referencing it

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:49 pm

Soba Mask wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:47 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm Image

You know it won't be Goten and Trunks... Because Toriyama doesn't care

I think it will be Gamma fusion and new Gohan form
Could be the Androids too

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:22 pm

This pics have me thinking something, what if the super saiyan transformation we saw in the trailer is really Ultimate in disguise?
Remember Battle Of Gods trailer? yes that time may have been changed to Ultimate because of the fans complains, but, maybe this time they want to pull a marvel, obviously they can't afford extra fake scenes, but maybe Gohan hair color and aura isnt really yellow in the movie. :think:

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:19 pm

Idk about policy or anything like that.

Let me paint a scenario though. Imagine a person sees the trailer, or movie, and is excited and/or happy about it. Imagine it is a new fan even (yes it happens, we're not all old grumpy men living in nostalgia). Now, they want to share their love and thoughts of the movie/franchise with others. They search on Google. Find Kanzenshuu, which is like, a haven for all things Dragon Ball in the English-speaking fanbase. Then they see they're considered "consumers that don't care about quality" and other crap like that. You think they'd stick around? Hell, I don't even want to share my enthusiasm for the film in this thread as much because of the relentless negativity of a few. It's kinda messed up. I don't think they should be banned or anything, but the attitude about it is really twisted.

Edit: Quoted the wrong people at first. Sorry. :crazy:
Last edited by fleahop on Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

Jinto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jinto » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:48 pm

Those mystery people will be Lapis and Lazuli, like come on they got to be in a movie about RR and new cyborg.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:19 am

fleahop wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:19 pm Idk about policy or anything like that.

Let me paint a scenario though. Imagine a person sees the trailer, or movie, and is excited and/or happy about it. Imagine it is a new fan even (yes it happens, we're not all old grumpy men living in nostalgia). Now, they want to share their love and thoughts of the movie/franchise with others. They search on Google. Find Kanzenshuu, which is like, a haven for all things Dragon Ball in the English-speaking fanbase. Then they see they're considered "consumers that don't care about quality" and other crap like that. You think they'd stick around? Hell, I don't even want to share my enthusiasm for the film in this thread as much because of the relentless negativity of a few. It's kinda messed up. I don't think they should be banned or anything, but the attitude about it is really twisted.

Edit: Quoted the wrong people at first. Sorry. :crazy:
This is a good post. I'd also just add that, even on an online messageboard, it's good to make an effort to behave in a way where people won't be like "ugh, this guy again?" when they see your name or your thoughts. Making broad, sweeping generalizations, excessive negativity and cherry-picking are great ways to make people regret reading your thoughts, not to mention REALLY BORING.

All that said, I'm not trying to make a naive plea for "positivity". It's fine to be critical, but it's more important to be interesting.

TLDR, don't make me read boring posts, please.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:56 am

I’m not necessarily expecting it to happen, nor would I want it, but what if Cell was one of the mystery characters?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:02 am

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:56 am I’m not necessarily expecting it to happen, nor would I want it, but what if Cell was one of the mystery characters?
According to the Dragon Ball Super manga, the Cell Jrs survived their encounter with Gohan. But the chances of them being in the movie seem very slim. Also, I'm not sure how everyone managed to go all this time without sensing their power, but whatever. I like idea of them being alive, but I don't know if it makes any sense.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:19 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:02 am
WittyUsername wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:56 am I’m not necessarily expecting it to happen, nor would I want it, but what if Cell was one of the mystery characters?
According to the Dragon Ball Super manga, the Cell Jrs survived their encounter with Gohan. But the chances of them being in the movie seem very slim. Also, I'm not sure how everyone managed to go all this time without sensing their power, but whatever. I like idea of them being alive, but I don't know if it makes any sense.
Yeah, but I’m talking about Cell himself. I bring this up because with the Red Ribbon Army and Gohan being the protagonist, it wouldn’t necessarily surprise me if they tried to repeat the streak of these movies bringing back old villains.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:40 am

if you wanted to talk to me you should have quoted me and last time I have checked the rules and regulation of this website, it does not state that a user have to forcefully engage conversation with someone.If you look at my any previous posts I said multiple times that I am only kinda excited for this film because this is 100% Toriyama but thats it. Sorry but i cant be a mindless consumer who consumes everything that given to him, if I see bullshit I will call it out ,this CGI is garbage its simple as that.But despite this if this movie somehow manage to earn more than Broly this will become a new norm because consumers are happy with everything they are getting.Again There was nothing porposeful about it if you want to talk to me you should have quoted me.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:19 am

...It's been a while since I last used the foes feature on these forums.
It could be possible. Maybe this rebuilt Red Ribbon Army is trying to make another Cell, and they're using Gamma 1 and 2 to gather data on the current fighters on Earth? I don't want another old villain coming back, but it could happen.

FatLee

Post by FatLee » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:30 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:40 am

if you wanted to talk to me you should have quoted me and last time I have checked the rules and regulation of this website, it does not state that a user have to forcefully engage conversation with someone.
You know, I fully agree with you on this; if such a rule existed, it was be absolutely ridiculous. Respond to people having a conversation with you or get out, essentially? Picking someone out and trying to implement such a laughable one-person-only rule is an abuse of power (happens a lot here), and any reprimand should rightfully be removed.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:43 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:40 amif you wanted to talk to me you should have quoted me and last time I have checked the rules and regulation of this website, it does not state that a user have to forcefully engage conversation with someone.If you look at my any previous posts I said multiple times that I am only kinda excited for this film because this is 100% Toriyama but thats it. Sorry but i cant be a mindless consumer who consumes everything that given to him, if I see bullshit I will call it out ,this CGI is garbage its simple as that.But despite this if this movie somehow manage to earn more than Broly this will become a new norm because consumers are happy with everything they are getting.Again There was nothing porposeful about it if you want to talk to me you should have quoted me.
I think this misconstrues what he's saying. There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion but you're been repeating the same generalization about the fanbase and not really addressing any of the counterarguments. You only replied to agree with someone making a similar generalization. I don't know if it's rule but I guess more like forum etiquette or common courtesy and what differentiates it from Twitter.

This argument that only mindless consumers will like this movie doesn't make sense since there's not really evidence to lead to that conclusion. I could be confusing your comments with someone else but weren't you also arguing that the trailer doesn't have as much YouTube views and interest? If you're claiming the general audience isn't too excited for it then who are these mindless consumers? Many fans on here who are looking forward it acknowledged that it'll probably make less than Broly.