Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Coming 2022! (Toriyama Scripting!)

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:25 pm

jd55513 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:59 am Guys, after rewatching the Broly Movie, and rereading the Moro and Granolah arc.
I can almost guarantee you, the movie will be set AFTER the Granolah arc...

If that were the case, that would basically mean they would probably skip the Moro and Granolah arcs adaptation.
That could be kinda unpractical if they were to introduce the characters in games and merchandise later on.

First to bring an animated story that's first set after and then before Granolah, it's very confusing for people (anime only fans) that aren't following the manga. I don't see them take a step back in the chronology after the next movie.

If they were to adapt Moro and Granolah, best chances are the movie is a direct sequel to Broly, with a pretty descent chance Broly will reappear (as a side character), as was being set up / teased at the ending of the last movie.

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:47 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:25 pm
jd55513 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:59 am Guys, after rewatching the Broly Movie, and rereading the Moro and Granolah arc.
I can almost guarantee you, the movie will be set AFTER the Granolah arc...

If that were the case, that would basically mean they would probably skip the Moro and Granolah arcs adaptation.
That could be kinda unpractical if they were to introduce the characters in games and merchandise later on.

First to bring an animated story that's first set after and then before Granolah, it's very confusing for people (anime only fans) that aren't following the manga. I don't see them take a step back in the chronology after the next movie.

If they were to adapt Moro and Granolah, best chances are the movie is a direct sequel to Broly, with a pretty descent chance Broly will reappear (as a side character), as was being set up / teased at the ending of the last movie.

The Granolah arc will probably wrap up and end on a climax, leading into the film. I also expect some sort of anime announcement to begin around the end of this year.

Resurrection F was meant to be a Standalone film and that means Beerus and Whis were added in.

Jaco was also another character from the Jaco manga, was also inserted with no real exposition.

It is honestly the only period that makes sense. After Granolah means UI at will, UI with other forms(warranting them using them in the film)
Broly will comeback, Beerus and Whis, and perhaps another new character (Cooler ?)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Yeah, I doubt that. The manga has skipped the Resurrection F and Broly movies, but that's because the manga was originally considered a side project, mostly just there to promote the anime and movies. It was expected for readers to already be familiar with the stuff that was skipped. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and the manga is ahead of the anime. There's no chance Toei is going to be like, "You guys already read the manga, right?"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:02 am

jd55513 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:59 am I can almost guarantee you, the movie will be set AFTER the Granolah arc...
And I can guarantee you the other way. No way the Granolah arc would end as soon as early next year, and they won't be spoiling it to people who aren't up to date with the manga either.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:37 am

Xeogran wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:02 am
jd55513 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:59 am I can almost guarantee you, the movie will be set AFTER the Granolah arc...
And I can guarantee you the other way. No way the Granolah arc would end as soon as early next year, and they won't be spoiling it to people who aren't up to date with the manga either.
Arcs usually last about a year, so I'm also expecting the movie to take place between arcs and get released the same week Granolah ends. If it takes place before Granolah, it would kind of be spoiled because we already know what happens afterwards, but it's possible I guess.

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:36 am

Xeogran wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:02 am
While I can see your point. Remember we are in the
10 year time skip, so the TOP was already spoiled in a way. There Is no real tension because of the that fact.

This movie needs Ultra Instinct to be center to the fights.
The gap between Broly and Moro is VERY SHORT.
Goku using IT to teleport back from Vampa to earth and then Goku and Vegeta train in the gravity room.
Vegeta ask Goku about UI and Goku says he hasn't don't it since the TOP.

While they could recon that. It makes perfect sense to be AFTER the Granolah arc, because Goku would have UI at will and UI aspects incorporated into his other forms.

Besides, I believe the anime will be announced around the end of the year and so the Moro arc would be underway and possibly reach the Granolah arc by the time of the movies release.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:32 am

It would suck to have a movie without UI, because we have that form/technique for 3 years now, 4 when the movie comes out. It would make no sense to have a movie taking place before the current manga events, when Goku and Vegeta were weaker... how do you sell us a villain weaker than Granola or Moro?? how do you keep selling Granola as the strongest if there was a stronger villain before?

Besides, you don't need much to understand what would be going on, UI is now accessible at will, and Vegeta is much stronger. You don't need to have read chapter 54 of the manga to understand a dragon ball movie.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:23 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:59 am
HeroR wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:37 am
Skar wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:46 pm
I don't mean to derail the thread but I wanted to ask since I've seen this come up a lot. What makes you say the manga is its own thing if Toriyama is still involved? Is Toriyama going to provide different outlines for Toei to adapt and have them ignore the manga after Broly?
The manga has been its own thing since the Future Trunks Saga. Character’s personalities are different between the manga and anime like Black, Fusion Zamasu, Toppo, and Jiren. Even manga Hit is not the same as anime Hit. That along with different events like how Fusion Zamasu’s immortality and how UI works and how Goku got it. Or the difference versions of Blue that don’t exists in the anime outside of SSBE. What the anime and manga have in common are broad strokes.
I think they are different because they were both interpreting Toriyamas outlines at the same time but independently. Unlike the anime, though, the manga was sent to Toriyama for approval, so I personally consider it more canon than the anime.
As for future, who knows. While Toriyama advised Toyo on the Moro stuff, it wasn’t his outline, it was more or less Toyo’s story, and even the new stuff is strange since Toriyama outlined it, but did literally no character designs and the current arc only gets the same advisement as Moro and isn’t treated as special despite being a Toriyama story.
That's interesting, I didn't know that. Did Toyo reveal that in an interview?
Last response in the manga:

The manga isn’t really more canon for that reason since Toriyama does look over the anime’s script too, which was why Jiren’s original anime personality was giving to Toppo because Toriyama told them Jiren didn’t talk much. Same with him making Cali after they showed him Kale. Even the Pride Troopers being heroes was by the anime staff because Toriyama gave them no information on Dyspo, Toppo, Jiren and why they had the same outfit. Dyspo’s personality had to made at the last second based on his voice actor.

The only thing we know is that Toriyama didn’t see the final draft of the Future Trunks Saga. But the producter for that arc said everything was approved by Toriyama and anything he says goes because you don’t argue with god. No, he really said that.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Most fans basically want to see sylver on the big screen, whether it's mastered or unmastered, is not the biggest thing i presume.
Kakarot perfectly could have had an unmastered UI-fight between the end of the events of Broly and the beginning of the Moro arc.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:48 pm

When it comes to Ultra Instinct, I would be very surprised if Goku never used the form at all in the movie. It's my hope, though, that Goku still hasn't completely figured out how to tap into that form at will. Have Goku on the ropes, make it seem like the good guys don't have a chance of winning, so we wonder what's going to happen. Then Goku's hair goes white, and the audience is like, "Oh yeah. Ultra Instinct."

I prefer Ultra Instinct to be this rarely seen form that is used as a last resort. As soon as we see Goku going Ultra Instinct at will, it will lose its magic, and we'll know the next form will be just around the corner.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:09 pm

I expect UI will be in the movie. They skipped it for the first movie. They aren’t going to skip it again. And it’s already a common thing in the manga.

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jd55513 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:45 pm

https://youtu.be/reRX1qerivU

Decided to do a video discussion on my theory about Frieza and the DBS Movie 2022 possibility.

Hope you all enjoy!

SuperVirginGod

Post by SuperVirginGod » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:32 am

I don't care what the actual movie is going to be. I just love this period of speculation. Waiting for hints and teasers, thinking at the illustrations and new designs. Now i consider this hype to be a part of the whole experience because i know i won't be satisfied with whatever they are going to present so why not make something out of it? I just hope shintani and that director who's name i am forgeting (who animated the Broly vs ssg fight sequence) to be a part of this project. :thumbup:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:10 am

So the French YouTuber saikyou devin speculates in Thales and Cooler being the main characters in the next movie... I hope not. What happened to yamoshi?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:39 am

Yamoshi has joined the group of mythical legends only spoken of in interviews. Possibly never to be seen in a screen just like many other things that only exist in interviews.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:42 am

The Annecy Festival posted this original animation on their social media pages to celebrate their 60th anniversary. Toei created it for the event.

It looks incredible! I hope this will represent what the next movie will look like. It’s even got a cinematic aspect ratio. It would be pretty cool to use that ratio for the next movie, it’ll create a wider sense of scale for the battles.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:23 pm

That was awesome. Looks like the art direction is in good hands once more

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:36 pm

Trunks and Goten looks even more younger... ffs.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:12 pm

This looks absolutely stunning!!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:29 pm

It's a nice little piece of promo animation, but it's not really indicative of what the next movie will look like or its premise.