Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by WittyUsername » Wed May 11, 2022 7:52 pm

I thought Japanese fans didn’t care much for Cell? Is he worth bringing back?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed May 11, 2022 8:00 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:52 pm I thought Japanese fans didn’t care much for Cell? Is he worth bringing back?
Fake!Cell is more likely given the nature of this movie. The new Doctor's spy bug already hints at it.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Wed May 11, 2022 9:43 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:00 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:52 pm I thought Japanese fans didn’t care much for Cell? Is he worth bringing back?
Fake!Cell is more likely given the nature of this movie. The new Doctor's spy bug already hints at it.
Gamma 1 and 2 could each be half of "Cell" and fuse when beaten individually.

But who would they use for DNA? What if they studied Seven-Three? Hmm...

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu May 12, 2022 2:15 am

PrinceVegetto wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:04 pm Geekdom101 seems to keep teasing Cell. He tweeted about him today.

Regardless if the final boss is Cell or not, I hope the final trailer we get showcases Goten & Trunks. I'm really excited to see them in action after taking a backseat for so long.
Geekdom is a troll that clickbaits. Please don't use him as a source, let alone a reputable.

As for Gotenks, don't get your hope up. Since the merch only showcases Fat Gotenks, It would not be surprised if that's the only Gotenks we get. Because it's funny you see. The Fusion doesn't go well and they become fat. That's really funny.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu May 12, 2022 3:29 am

Yalos wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:38 am
sangofe wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:20 am
Mr_CINDER wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:11 am
I think they were talking about the countries that fall under europe(ex-germany,france,england etc), middle east (Egypt,iran,iraq) Africa(South africa,keniya,ghana etc).
I really wonder if it'll come out in the Nordic countries of Europe.
Probabaly, since the last movies distributed by Crunchyroll/former Wakanim (Basically European Funimation) were distributed in the Nordics. (Jujutsu Kaisen 0, Demon Slayer Mugen Train, My Hero Academia World Heroes' Mission and Sword Art Online Progressive)
I think demon slayer is the only one of those that came out in Norway. But I'm not sure.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 12, 2022 6:18 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:40 pm
Geekdom again… I don’t trust that guy at all. He rambled about Super 2.0 for like half a year and had allegedly some secret source for the information. Here we are.
Plus he was pretty much an asshole after nothing happened. What Mike Zeroh is to Star Wars, Geekdom is to Dragon Ball.

I can e-mail some secret Dragon Ball stuff as well if anyone is interested :clap:

But seriously, Kanzenshuu is pretty much a legit source for all DB and usually you can trust the info here + there are guys like Ajay and others, who get some info first and try to come up with legit stuff.
AnimeAjay also had said Super was retruning so did YonkoProd in fact Geekdom probably got his info from him but somthing happened.
Last edited by ObnoxiousNamek on Thu May 12, 2022 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 12, 2022 6:25 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:43 am Crunchyroll will bring the movie to theaters in both subtitled and dubbed formats in North America, Latin America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Africa, the Middle East and Asia (excluding Japan). Exact premiere dates to be announced later.
What i thought Disney had movie distribution rights? man that would have atleast pushed it to 70 mill at the box office considering they way they push movies out into theaters going with Crunchryroll is a forsure flop now smh

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yalos » Thu May 12, 2022 6:46 am

sangofe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:29 am
sangofe wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:20 am
I really wonder if it'll come out in the Nordic countries of Europe.
Probabaly, since the last movies distributed by Crunchyroll/former Wakanim (Basically European Funimation) were distributed in the Nordics. (Jujutsu Kaisen 0, Demon Slayer Mugen Train, My Hero Academia World Heroes' Mission and Sword Art Online Progressive)
I think demon slayer is the only one of those that came out in Norway. But I'm not sure.
All of these came out in Norway, except for JJK0 which is upcoming.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Thu May 12, 2022 7:09 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:25 am What i thought Disney had movie distribution rights? man that would have atleast pushed it to 70 mill at the box office considering they way they push movies out into theaters going with Crunchryroll is a forsure flop now smh
I think Disney has the live action DB movie rights

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 12, 2022 7:18 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:09 am
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:25 am What i thought Disney had movie distribution rights? man that would have atleast pushed it to 70 mill at the box office considering they way they push movies out into theaters going with Crunchryroll is a forsure flop now smh
if i recall they have distribution rights on the animated movies Toei makes also since they bought out Fox. Since Fox distributed the Broly film last time

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Thu May 12, 2022 7:52 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:18 am
if i recall they have distribution rights on the animated movies Toei makes also since they bought out Fox. Since Fox distributed the Broly film last time
Yep you are right I forgot about that buyout ,However after Sony bought crunchyroll they decided to distribute it in a large scale.So this announcement also confirms pretty much all anime movies will be distributed by sony pictures entertainment and crunchyroll from now on.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 12, 2022 8:00 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:52 am
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:18 am
Yep you are right I forgot about that buyout ,However after Sony bought crunchyroll they decided to distribute it in a large scale.So this announcement also confirms pretty much all anime movies will be distributed by sony pictures entertainment and crunchyroll from now on.
Still its weird that Disney isnt distributing it we would have heard if they gave the rights back to Sony. the 3 recent films were never distributed by funimation films at all.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Thu May 12, 2022 8:20 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:00 am Still its weird that Disney isnt distributing it we would have heard if they gave the rights back to Sony. the 3 recent films were never distributed by funimation films at all.
After the merger Funimation is gone its Crunchyroll now and Sony pictures entertainment. If Sony goes all out during the global release of this movie this can be a huge success.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 12, 2022 8:27 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:20 am
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:00 am Still its weird that Disney isnt distributing it we would have heard if they gave the rights back to Sony. the 3 recent films were never distributed by funimation films at all.
After the merger Funimation is gone its Crunchyroll now and Sony pictures entertainment. If Sony goes all out during the global release of this movie this can be a huge success.
umm i know that it still doesnt answer how they have the distribution rights or even how they got them considering they never had them in the 1st place as either funimation or crunchyroll. Again Fox always had the film rights not funimation nor crunchyroll. Also i doubt they will it seems like the franchises days of getting corporate push is over.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 am

This movie's sales numbers will be so interesting to analyze. Both in Japan and overseas, I'll be comparing it to other anime movies, then to the few other 3D anime movies; whether Dragon Ball's brand name will push it beyond the usual norm. Can't wait until it finally starts releasing across the world :thumbup:

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 12, 2022 9:01 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 am This movie's sales numbers will be so interesting to analyze. Both in Japan and overseas, I'll be comparing it to other anime movies, then to the few other 3D anime movies; whether Dragon Ball's brand name will push it beyond the usual norm. Can't wait until it finally starts releasing across the world :thumbup:
Not hating or trying to troll but Can we be honest with ourselves for one moment? The brands name is not strong like it used to be. Youngsters aint even mentioning Dragonball like how it was in 2017-2018. They've moved on to other series this film isnt gonna do well.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Thu May 12, 2022 10:37 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:01 am
Xeogran wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 am This movie's sales numbers will be so interesting to analyze. Both in Japan and overseas, I'll be comparing it to other anime movies, then to the few other 3D anime movies; whether Dragon Ball's brand name will push it beyond the usual norm. Can't wait until it finally starts releasing across the world :thumbup:
Not hating or trying to troll but Can we be honest with ourselves for one moment? The brands name is not strong like it used to be. Youngsters aint even mentioning Dragonball like how it was in 2017-2018. They've moved on to other series this film isnt gonna do well.
This could be true, and maybe that's why we're getting a film that seems more... "for the fans" than some might have expected, at least in terms of tone and premise. I don't get dividends on Toei stock, so I for one am pleased :D

But who knows? If you look around this thread there's a lot of people that are seriously hyped, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this movie does quite well.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Thu May 12, 2022 10:41 am

capsulecorp wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:37 am This could be true, and maybe that's why we're getting a film that seems more... "for the fans" than some might have expected, at least in terms of tone and premise. I don't get dividends on Toei stock, so I for one am pleased :D

But who knows? If you look around this thread there's a lot of people that are seriously hyped, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this movie does quite well.
Avoiding the spoilers will be the main problem. Judging by the japanese comments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDgTdh_uM44 some saying they are happy that goku continuing his adventure, and one comment that melted my heart was "I will treat this movie as my son and hope this movie surpass the demon slayer movie". It seems they are very happy, and I want it to surpass demon slayer too.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu May 12, 2022 12:53 pm

Yalos wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:46 am
sangofe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:29 am

All of these came out in Norway, except for JJK0 which is upcoming.
What's your source for this? I guess maybe in small cinemas in Oslo that could be true. In my town Tønsberg the only of these movies I noticed coming out was Demon Slayer. If I had seen Jujutsu Kaisen coming out I would have hurried into the movie theatre!

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:58 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:01 am
Umm huh? Dragon Ball: Broly did gangbusters at the box office in 2019. And the Dragon Ball Super manga is doing well for itself. If youngsters aren't talking about it, it's likely because there's no anime for it. And I imagine (though I could be full of shit) that an older audience is more into following the manga than kids. Basically, I don't think that's enough to suggest this isn't going to do well.