Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Yalos » Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:53 pm
Yalos wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:46 am
sangofe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:29 am

I think demon slayer is the only one of those that came out in Norway. But I'm not sure.
All of these came out in Norway, except for JJK0 which is upcoming.
What's your source for this? I guess maybe in small cinemas in Oslo that could be true. In my town Tønsberg the only of these movies I noticed coming out was Demon Slayer. If I had seen Jujutsu Kaisen coming out I would have hurried into the movie theatre!
https://www.wakanim.tv/sc/v2/news/detai ... ovember-11
https://www.wakanim.tv/sc/v2/news/detai ... nuary-20th
https://youtu.be/BPQomAsbpj4

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Thu May 12, 2022 11:48 pm

Yalos wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 pm
sangofe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:53 pm
Yalos wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:46 am

All of these came out in Norway, except for JJK0 which is upcoming.
What's your source for this? I guess maybe in small cinemas in Oslo that could be true. In my town Tønsberg the only of these movies I noticed coming out was Demon Slayer. If I had seen Jujutsu Kaisen coming out I would have hurried into the movie theatre!
https://www.wakanim.tv/sc/v2/news/detai ... ovember-11
https://www.wakanim.tv/sc/v2/news/detai ... nuary-20th
https://youtu.be/BPQomAsbpj4
Jujutsu kaisen will have one showing on the 20th of May and I'll be at work.. https://www.nfkino.no/film/jujutsu-kais ... am-wrapper

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pm

It's so obvious that the final and true villain of this movie would be an improved Cell, who was somehow preserved and upgraded by Dr. Hedo, and who will be merging or absorbing Androids 13, 14 and 15 who were preserved by the Red Ribbon Army (Magenta).

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 13, 2022 2:03 pm

Predictability and genre clichés are a lot of fun.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri May 13, 2022 2:09 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:03 pm Predictability and genre clichés are a lot of fun.
Not really, they can get monotonous and boring if not played around with.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 13, 2022 2:17 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:09 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:03 pm Predictability and genre clichés are a lot of fun.
You're talking about execution, not the basic ideas.

I mean, do you know how often trans women read and write egg fics using the same tropes? Constantly. How do we keep it fresh? Toying around with those tropes and predictable paths. Battle series are the same way, especially when it's not a toxic idea.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri May 13, 2022 2:26 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:17 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:09 pm
You're talking about execution, not the basic ideas.

I mean, do you know how often trans women read and write egg fics using the same tropes? Constantly. How do we keep it fresh? Toying around with those tropes and predictable paths. Battle series are the same way, especially when it's not a toxic idea.
Execution is everything. As isolated concepts, tropes are neither good nor bad, and therefore are neither fun nor unfun; they are only given quality by the writer. That was what I originally meant.
Also, "cliche" carries a negative connotation, so I wouldn't call tropes based on real personal experiences (like the egg tropes you are referring to) or even all tropes in general as such. It's only a cliche if it's boring.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri May 13, 2022 5:02 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:18 am All 23 soundtracks that were composed for this movie will be released on June 8, 2022.
https://columbia.jp/prod-info/COCX-41770
Coincidentally, that's on Ghostbusters Day!
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Fri May 13, 2022 11:31 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:02 pm Coincidentally, that's on Ghostbusters Day!
Maybe that's supposed to hint at what's in the container that shows up in one of the trailers, my bet is on Slimer :lol:
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat May 14, 2022 1:49 am

Lukmendes wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:31 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:02 pm Coincidentally, that's on Ghostbusters Day!
Maybe that's supposed to hint at what's in the container that shows up in one of the trailers, my bet is on Slimer :lol:
Heh! I'd love to see a Dragon Ball x Ghostbusters crossover someday. Imagine what the Dragon Team meeting the Ghostbusters would be like...I imagine Bulma would get along quite well with Egon, though she'd probably find him weird considering he collects spores, mold and fungus.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by PrinceVegetto » Sun May 15, 2022 3:33 am

Jord wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:15 am
PrinceVegetto wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:04 pm Geekdom101 seems to keep teasing Cell. He tweeted about him today.

Regardless if the final boss is Cell or not, I hope the final trailer we get showcases Goten & Trunks. I'm really excited to see them in action after taking a backseat for so long.
Geekdom is a troll that clickbaits. Please don't use him as a source, let alone a reputable.

As for Gotenks, don't get your hope up. Since the merch only showcases Fat Gotenks, It would not be surprised if that's the only Gotenks we get. Because it's funny you see. The Fusion doesn't go well and they become fat. That's really funny.
I don't follow Geekdom too closely to know how reputable he is but I have heard he claims to occasionally have insider info.

Sigh. :( I hope we don't just get trolled with a Fat Gotenks. But I can see them doing just that and reducing Goten & Trunks to comic relief. Is it that hard for Toriyama to have some character development for them?!

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun May 15, 2022 5:41 am

I agree. Goten, Trunks could be handled a lot better. I actually like what they did with Goten in GT for that matter.
Gotenks himself could also have played a much larger part in Super. He was a strong character with potential for further development.
Instead, they just regressed characters like Goku and Vegeta, only for them to progress once again.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sun May 15, 2022 12:42 pm

I actually hope we get only fat Gotenks, or at leats, in some other way, they develop and stablish Goten and Trunks as no longer serious fighters instead of just leaving them aside with only a line or panel commenting on it, if that's what they are going for at the end.
The fat joke is not funny, but I'm not even sure if that is supposed to be the joke after the initial presentation, what I do find funny in DB and could be used are the gags of him being childish, creative confident, proud and falling.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun May 15, 2022 6:57 pm

I do hope Goten and Trunks are treated better in the movie, in the anime they were treated really bad.

Want to fight Freeza men = No and get told to go away. Only they are made to leave and no one else.
Want to fight in U6 vs U7 = No.
Want to race with Goku to pick up Vegetable as training = No.
Want to help Future Trunks = No.
Want to spar with Goku = No.
Want to train with Whis and Goku = No.
Want to train with Vegeta = No.
Not allowed to know about the ToP (applies to the manga also).
Not allowed to know about Moro invasion (Manga exclusive at this point in time), however they got pissed off when they found out.

Mr Satan was allowed to fight Moro men, at least he is written as a joke character. However Goten and Trunks writing was just horrible. Even Chiaotzu got to fight and he is a weakling.

Some people made excuse that "DBS don't use children to fight", even though they are teenager. Now in DBS Super Hero movie has 3 years old Pan fighting, so that excuse no longer work with Goten and Trunks.

In this GT is way better than DBS Anime. That writing makes DBS inferior compared to DB/DBZ.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon May 16, 2022 4:40 am

Plus, dragon ball has a history of making children fight. It's a family tradition.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon May 16, 2022 5:57 am

Jord wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:40 am Plus, dragon ball has a history of making children fight. It's a family tradition.
Exactly so I don't know were people got that idea that the writers didn't want children fighting. They made excuse about Japan law, however I see other anime has no problem such as Digimon and Boruto. Those were just excuse trying to defend DBS writing.

Same as when people try to defend DBS by trying to deny that Goku and the other character are not worse than before, when there are plenty of evidence that they are worse than ever.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon May 16, 2022 10:55 am

I hope we learn some day what happened with the kids. I'm guessing Toriyama had no interest in them by the time he wrote RoF and just sidelined them without a second thought. In BoG they looked younger than before, so maybe he never gave a shit about them, to the point of not even knowing their age.

By now, I'm thinking Toyo doesn't like drawing them nor what to do with them. The Moro arc going without them seems to imply he is not too keen on having them on his stories, aside of some panel of them fighting Cell Jrs.

This is the first time Toriyama will address their fighting selves, so, hopefully, there will be some kind of commentary as of "where" were they in the past few years, or why.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue May 17, 2022 4:15 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:55 am By now, I'm thinking Toyo doesn't like drawing them nor what to do with them. The Moro arc going without them seems to imply he is not too keen on having them on his stories, aside of some panel of them fighting Cell Jrs.
That was in a side-chapter during ToP. In the Moro arc they were again on the island... because they were? I dunno even :lol: