Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by super michael » Tue May 17, 2022 5:04 am

Xeogran wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:15 am
Koitsukai wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:55 am By now, I'm thinking Toyo doesn't like drawing them nor what to do with them. The Moro arc going without them seems to imply he is not too keen on having them on his stories, aside of some panel of them fighting Cell Jrs.
That was in a side-chapter during ToP. In the Moro arc they were again on the island... because they were? I dunno even :lol:
They were on the island so they don't know about the invasion. However that doesn't make sense, how can they not sense many huge power level traveling the earth. They don't have God Ki, so they should be able to sense them.
Later we see them get pissed off at Gohan for keeping secrets. Too bad they don't know about the ToP being kept a secret.

When Freeza goes to earth, everyone could sense Freeza. When Majin Buu was fighting, even the other planet sensed him. Namek gathered the Dragon Balls when they sensed Majin Buu.

So basically Moro men and Moro himself are weaker than Freeza and Majin Buu, which we know isn't true.

I wouldn't mind seeing them turn to the side of evil, seeing how little the characters thinks of them.

Basically in the characters eyes Mr Satan is stronger than them.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Tue May 17, 2022 5:42 am

TheRed259 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:28 pm The Japanese animation studio Graphinica will reveal the tools and workflows used in this movie on May 23.
https://twitter.com/graphinica/status/1 ... 9977349125
That explains the video game looks of this movie, So this will be the first time unreal engine being used for making a full fledged CGI movie.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:22 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:55 am I hope we learn some day what happened with the kids. I'm guessing Toriyama had no interest in them by the time he wrote RoF and just sidelined them without a second thought. In BoG they looked younger than before, so maybe he never gave a shit about them, to the point of not even knowing their age.

By now, I'm thinking Toyo doesn't like drawing them nor what to do with them. The Moro arc going without them seems to imply he is not too keen on having them on his stories, aside of some panel of them fighting Cell Jrs.

This is the first time Toriyama will address their fighting selves, so, hopefully, there will be some kind of commentary as of "where" were they in the past few years, or why.
Meanwhile Toei had em lose to Copy Vegeta 😭

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue May 17, 2022 8:30 am

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:22 am
Koitsukai wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:55 am I hope we learn some day what happened with the kids. I'm guessing Toriyama had no interest in them by the time he wrote RoF and just sidelined them without a second thought. In BoG they looked younger than before, so maybe he never gave a shit about them, to the point of not even knowing their age.

By now, I'm thinking Toyo doesn't like drawing them nor what to do with them. The Moro arc going without them seems to imply he is not too keen on having them on his stories, aside of some panel of them fighting Cell Jrs.

This is the first time Toriyama will address their fighting selves, so, hopefully, there will be some kind of commentary as of "where" were they in the past few years, or why.
Meanwhile Toei had em lose to Copy Vegeta 😭

Toei also done these things:

- Goten and Trunks struggle to defeat a snake.
- Gotenks taking nearly 30 minutes to get to Tagoma, that is a huge downgrade compared to Pre ROSAT SSJ Gotenk circling the earth multiple times and even having time to take a nap. Even EOZ Pan can travel the entire earth without any problem and she can't even transform.
- Goten and Trunks getting dirty and hurt by regular humans, that is bad.

Goku when he battled the Ginyu Force they couldn't touch him, get him dirty or hurt him.

Then the humans performs way better on Base Goku than Gotenks. The writers really did hate Goten, Trunks and Gotenks a lot.

Lets not forget the anime version of RoF, only Goten and Trunks were not allowed to be there and Vegeta forced them to leave, but the other could stay without any problem.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed May 18, 2022 5:26 am

I would think a criminal organization such as the RRA would have a less conspicuous HQ

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed May 18, 2022 5:37 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:42 am
TheRed259 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:28 pm The Japanese animation studio Graphinica will reveal the tools and workflows used in this movie on May 23.
That explains the video game looks of this movie, So this will be the first time unreal engine being used for making a full fledged CGI movie.
Huh, are they using the unreal engine?

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed May 18, 2022 5:42 am

Jord wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:26 am I would think a criminal organization such as the RRA would have a less conspicuous HQ
I am pretty sure they are using the "Superhero" façade to cover their criminal activities anyhow
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Wed May 18, 2022 6:16 am

sangofe wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:37 am
Mr_CINDER wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:42 am
Huh, are they using the unreal engine?
Yes they are using it and this is the unreal engine JP division https://twitter.com/UnrealEngineJP/stat ... 8310564866.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 am

TheRed259 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:05 pm
What if the new base was built on the destroyed location of Cell arena, and they're cloning whatever cells remained of Cell after the battle :think:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 am

Ooh, Unreal Engine for a full-fledged movie.

UE has been getting a lot of usage by major cinema productions in recent years due to its ability to render extremely high quality environments in real time without as much need for green screen.

The right artists can really make Unreal Engine dance.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Wed May 18, 2022 7:28 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 am Ooh, Unreal Engine for a full-fledged movie.

UE has been getting a lot of usage by major cinema productions in recent years due to its ability to render extremely high quality environments in real time without as much need for green screen.

The right artists can really make Unreal Engine dance.
Absolutely

Jinto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jinto » Wed May 18, 2022 7:56 am

I think the PS2 -like graphism of this movie comes from the criminal lack of shadow. Can someone tell me if putting shadow on a 3D model is an easy task or if it will stay shadowless until the end ?

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed May 18, 2022 8:10 am

The giant hole in the base with all the tubes coming out if it looks interesting. Are they draining the planet’s energy from the core? Feels like some kind of Shinra scheme from FFVII.

The base being built in the crater where the Cell Games arena was located is a good theory, too. It’s in a similar shape to the crater left from the beam clash between Gohan and Cell.

I like that I genuinely don’t know what’s going to unfold in this film besides from what we’ve seen in trailers.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Wed May 18, 2022 8:13 am

A new behind the scene image of Gohan and the staffs during the dubbing process https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1526851266017562625

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed May 18, 2022 9:03 am

That behind the scenes photo may have actually given us a good indication for how long this film will be. The top right of that shot of Gohan says “1:51:11:20” which could mean Hour:Minute:Second:Frame. On the top left it says “ep001_s030c009_TT2.mov” which might mean episode 1 (though in this case movie 1, but this might be common practice for how Toei organise their productions), scene 30 and then cut 9 for that scene. Not sure what “TT2” means.

But then there’s the film’s track list, which is only 24 tracks long. Broly had like 33 tracks and the two films before that had a similar amount of tracks. Then again, it doesn’t mean that much since we’ve got a totally different composer this time, so the actual songs could be longer or something.

I really hope the movie’s actually around 2 hours long. If that happens to be the case, then we really have seen nothing from the trailers.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Wed May 18, 2022 9:21 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:03 am That behind the scenes photo may have actually given us a good indication for how long this film will be. The top right of that shot of Gohan says “1:51:11:20” which could mean Hour:Minute:Second:Frame. On the top left it says “ep001_s030c009_TT2.mov” which might mean episode 1 (though in this case movie 1, but this might be common practice for how Toei organise their productions), scene 30 and then cut 9 for that scene. Not sure what “TT2” means.

But then there’s the film’s track list, which is only 24 tracks long. Broly had like 33 tracks and the two films before that had a similar amount of tracks. Then again, it doesn’t mean that much since we’ve got a totally different composer this time, so the actual songs could be longer or something.

I really hope the movie’s actually around 2 hours long. If that happens to be the case, then we really have seen nothing from the trailers.
Naoki sato is an awesome composer, some of his composed OST includes the tracks of Rurouni Kenshin live action, eternel zero and stand by me Doraemon and many more, we will be in a treat for many memorable tracks and I also hope this movie will be 2 hours long.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Wed May 18, 2022 12:35 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:05 pm Image
wow, these environments look great. i hope we get some kind of "muscle tower" cross section.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:40 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:05 pm Image
The architects deserve the fattest raises

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat May 21, 2022 5:49 am

Jinto wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:56 am I think the PS2 -like graphism of this movie comes from the criminal lack of shadow. Can someone tell me if putting shadow on a 3D model is an easy task or if it will stay shadowless until the end ?
I've criticized the 3D a lot but come on, ps2 graphics? No, they're more ps4 graphics. It's really stupid they use the unreal 4 engine instead of unreal 5, though.