Would Kid Goku Knowing UI Have Made A Difference Against The Various Foes Throughout The Series?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would Kid Goku Knowing UI Have Made A Difference Against The Various Foes Throughout The Series?

Post by theherodjl » Sun May 09, 2021 7:42 am

Say that Goku used the time machine to go back to the 1st chapter of DB and transferred his knowledge and mastery of UI to his 12 year old self just before Bulma arrived. Given that UI in the manga is far more about improved fighting skill rather than being more of a power up as the anime depicted it, would Kid Goku knowing UI have made a difference against the coming threats in the years leading up to DBS? As in, if Raditz(or any of the other threats from outer space) came to Earth earlier than expected, would Kid Goku be ready to take him on?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Would Kid Goku Knowing UI Have Made A Difference Against The Various Foes Throughout The Series?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 09, 2021 1:17 pm

He would wreck everyone he ran into.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Would Kid Goku Knowing UI Have Made A Difference Against The Various Foes Throughout The Series?

Post by Lionel » Sun May 09, 2021 3:49 pm

What scenarios would he find himself in where he doesn't overcome the odds? I mean the environmental traps such as Pilaf's retractable wall and the sleeping gas may still work but against actual physical threats these characters are going to be hardpressed. Tao Pai Pai and Piccolo Daimou should still push him to the brink of death by virtue of their strength being so much greater by comparison but they're going to exhausting themselves a lot more in the process. Fights against the likes of Tenshinhan and Piccolo Jr will prove to be a lot easier and I suspect Goku wouldn't have to wait until the 23rd tournament before winning.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun May 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Yamcha
Tao Pai Pai
Tambourine
Piccolo Daimaoh

Those were the only four characters that fair and square beat him up. Well, Yamcha did so because Goku was too hungry, not really fair and square, Tambourine also did it because Goku was depleted, but anyway, with UI, he beats Yamcha even being hungry, beats Tao Pai Pai, and Piccolo. Maybe he wouldn't be able to access UI if he is that out of juice against Tambourine. Maybe Tambourine still wins, but hardly goes home unharmed.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 10, 2021 12:14 pm

Although it's possible that with such an advantage, Goku would do what Roshi feared he would and get lazy due to overconfidence, since he couldn't find any challenging opponents, so he might stop training altogether.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon May 10, 2021 2:47 pm

If he had the speed and agility of UI none of his opponents would have been able to lay a finger on him

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:57 pm

Post Master Roshi training, and Pre first world martial arts tournament, Kid Goku, with FULL Ultra Instinct in Base.. would STOMP Piccolo Junior for certain and I personally believe maybe even Raditz!

I don’t know about Nappa and Vegeta though.. These, I believe, are simply too strong for him. Remember that power levels are a thing still now that Goku has UI in Base, and can still increase his power by transforming to SSJ1, 2, 3, God, Blue, and Silver.

So my personal belief is:

At minimum: Piccolo Junior, from the 3rd WMAT

At maximum: Raditz

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:51 pm

The more we learn about UI, the more I'm certain his child self couldn't handle it. So UI has multiple parts. There's the Technique part and the Transformation. It may also be a State. Kid Goku might have been able to handle the dodging technique but there's no way he'd have what it takes to even access the white haired form or stay in the UI state for very long.

He lacks many of the qualities Adult Goku developed to properly use this stuff. With the UI technique alone Goku would have an edge in all of the fights that were close in power, so all of Dragon Ball basically.

Overall, the power gap can't be too high or UI's effect is negligible.

Also, UI could be used against him, since even the State drastically tires Goku out. That's something to think about.

And let's use Saiyan saga Goku for a second. I think even with UI that he might lose to Vegeta. Depends on how big a power boost he gets from the State. For 1, it's unlikely he'll be able to use the Kaioken with UI, so he'll strictly have to use UI or switch between them which will tire him out quickly. And I think for him to even use the UI state at this level or lower would result in instant stamina drain or death such as with Roshi using the Mafuba in DB. I just don't think Goku would have the amount of ki necessary to sustain the state for very long if even current Goku barely has the stamina to do so.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:15 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:17 pm He would wreck everyone he ran into.
I mean...he practically did that throughout most of DB.