It's time for Goku and Vegeta to learn how to breathe in space

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: It's time for Goku and Vegeta to learn how to breathe in space

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:16 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:29 pm
Code wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:02 amI love the idea of a time limit, though! That could give fights another layer of tension.
It might...until you realize they're using Frieza time, and it takes six thirty-minute episodes just for five minutes to pass. lol
Well the entire Tournament of Power was supposed to just be 48 minutes.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:37 pm

How exactly can they get around a biological inevitability? They're organisms that are born from and required to take in oxygen to live. Goku & Vegeta would need to change the nature of their bodies, from their cells to the entirety of their respiratory system, just to achieve the singular purpose of not needing to breathe in space. I don't think that's possible without the use of magic, genetic engineering, or perhaps the Yardrats having some technique that renews or changes other gases into breathable air.
I honestly like that the Saiyans have an inherent limitation of some kind. Otherwise, it'd be some more no-limits bullshit.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:13 pm

I like that Goku and Vegeta can't breathe in space. It gives them a weakness.

Why can't they hold their breath during an intersteller battle? It would create dramatic tension. Or have Bulma give them a breathing mask?

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:01 pm

Dragon Ball Online - Goku and Vegeta fight each other in space causing a huge Super Nova. Maybe Toriyama and Toyotaro will adapt that into the finale of Dragon Ball Super. This would mean that maybe they eventually learn how to breathe in outer space.