I believe that Champa and Beerus are one of the most intelligent characters of the Dragon Ball series

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

I believe that Champa and Beerus are one of the most intelligent characters of the Dragon Ball series

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:20 am

Because they’re extremely lazy....

A trait shared by highly intelligent and highly evolved individuals!

These people are actually smart enough to grasp that there’s literally no point in wasting any energy on trivial things, (like most lowly evolved people do, that are sleepwalking their way through life without consciously making any decisions with a clear purpose!)

These 2 twin brothers actually think things through and have made their decisions accordingly to their findings and realizations!

Beerus & Champa also love food and sleeping!

Two of the things that I love aswell!

Ofcourse, this development is not in the least a bit surprising, and was fully expected to occur.. considering that they have both lived for at least 200 million years...!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: I believe that Champa and Beerus are one of the most intelligent characters of the Dragon Ball series

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:51 am

Can't be that intelligent when one of them got himself killed (Future Beerus), the other got himself erased (Champa), and the other (Present Beerus) almost got himself erased and had to rely entirely on Goku using the power of friendship to defeat Jiren. If they were smart their universes wouldn't be so pathetically miserable to live in.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: I believe that Champa and Beerus are one of the most intelligent characters of the Dragon Ball series

Post by Yuji » Mon May 31, 2021 11:12 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:51 am Can't be that intelligent when one of them got himself killed (Future Beerus), the other got himself erased (Champa), and the other (Present Beerus) almost got himself erased and had to rely entirely on Goku using the power of friendship to defeat Jiren. If they were smart their universes wouldn't be so pathetically miserable to live in.
Zamasu can't be smart because he got himself erased? What kind of argument is this?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 pm

Yuji wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:12 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:51 am Can't be that intelligent when one of them got himself killed (Future Beerus), the other got himself erased (Champa), and the other (Present Beerus) almost got himself erased and had to rely entirely on Goku using the power of friendship to defeat Jiren. If they were smart their universes wouldn't be so pathetically miserable to live in.
Zamasu can't be smart because he got himself erased? What kind of argument is this?
This is a false equivalency. Zamasu got himself erased not because of a mistake he made and that he could have avoided, but because he was unlucky. He could not have been able to predict that the Goku of an alternate timeline had befriended Zeno to the point that Zeno even gave him his summoning button, so it's not like he could have factored that into his plan. Even Goku forgot he could use the button until the very end. Zamasu even had a contingency in case Zeno noticed his actions, but again he couldn't have foreseen that the Goku of an alternate timeline befriended Zeno.

But I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here with this false equivalency :eh: The reason why Beerus and Champa were stupid is because they made stupid mistakes that they could have easily avoided by just... doing their job. If Beerus did his job then Moro, Majin Buu, and Frieza would have been taken care of and the U7 wouldn't be so low on the mortal level ranking. Same thing for Champa. As for Future Beerus, if he did his job (protecting Shin, taking care of threats), then Dabura wouldn't have been able to kill Shin, which in turn killed Beerus himself.

Even Zeno, despite being a stupid child, acknowledged that Beerus and Champa are indeed incompetent, as they would rather play games amongst each other rather than doing their job. If they had done their job, then their universes would have been exempt from the Tournament of Power, and if Future Beerus had been doing his job, then Zamasu wouldn't have attacked the Future timeline (as he went there because he saw that Beerus was out of his way). So they're pretty stupid, since they don't want to do their job and basically doom their universes because of it.

Then we have Beerus destroying half a planet just because he was served a bad cake, which is just... I won't even get into it because it's self-explanatory.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:51 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 pm
Yuji wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:12 am
This is a false equivalency. Zamasu got himself erased not because of a mistake he made and that he could have avoided, but because he was unlucky. He could not have been able to predict that the Goku of an alternate timeline had befriended Zeno to the point that Zeno even gave him his summoning button, so it's not like he could have factored that into his plan. Even Goku forgot he could use the button until the very end. Zamasu even had a contingency in case Zeno noticed his actions, but again he couldn't have foreseen that the Goku of an alternate timeline befriended Zeno.

But I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here with this false equivalency :eh: The reason why Beerus and Champa were stupid is because they made stupid mistakes that they could have easily avoided by just... doing their job. If Beerus did his job then Moro, Majin Buu, and Frieza would have been taken care of and the U7 wouldn't be so low on the mortal level ranking. Same thing for Champa. As for Future Beerus, if he did his job (protecting Shin, taking care of threats), then Dabura wouldn't have been able to kill Shin, which in turn killed Beerus himself.

Even Zeno, despite being a stupid child, acknowledged that Beerus and Champa are indeed incompetent, as they would rather play games amongst each other rather than doing their job. If they had done their job, then their universes would have been exempt from the Tournament of Power, and if Future Beerus had been doing his job, then Zamasu wouldn't have attacked the Future timeline (as he went there because he saw that Beerus was out of his way). So they're pretty stupid, since they don't want to do their job and basically doom their universes because of it.

Then we have Beerus destroying half a planet just because he was served a bad cake, which is just... I won't even get into it because it's self-explanatory.
Zamasu watched the God Tube so he should’ve seen Goku getting pally with Zeno.

And even if not being able to predict that Goku would summon Zeno, would it not be apt to assume that someone on the god heirarchy who is aware of who Zeno is and presumably heard about what he’s like, that by literally taking over every universe and killing every kaioshin/GoD combo and putting all of his angels in hibernation that maybe then you’d draw the attention of that person.

Also present Zamasu trying to attack Beerus after being found out is pretty dumb. As was keeping your hand glowing in Ki when it got covered by a mitten. Hardly genius level IQ there.

Think universe level also was shown not to be pure strength, so unless you’re suggesting that by not being in the top 4 all those GoDs are stupid (Zeno complained there were too many universes - so it wasn’t just mortal level). Not having the strongest fighters isn’t a mistake made.

If anything Beerus choosing not to destroy Earth/Goku was a brilliant moment of emotional intelligence since it led to Goku reaching the realm of the Gods and then facilitating the ToP instead of Zeno just destroying all the universes/ if there was a ToP without Goku/Earth there’s no guarantee Jiren would’ve revived everyone since he had his master hang-up. Beerus saved the multiverse with his assessment of Goku.