The end of the Granolah Arc

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

The end of the Granolah Arc

Post by Super Murjin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm

It's probably not even close to being done yet, but i'm wondering what people's predictions will be for the ending.

Will Granolah at least defeat or kill one of the Heeters?
Will Vegeta hakai Frieza?
Will Goku finally be the odd one out not taking out the main baddie?

jd55513
Not-So-Newbie

Re: The end of the Granolah Arc

Post by jd55513 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:21 pm

I think the Granolah arc will be much shorter than the Moro arc, and likely wrap up before the movie.

The reason being, the movie takes place after Granolah and it is because the arc ends on a cliffhanger with Frieza using 73 or the Cerealiean Dbs to do what Granolah and likely Gas/Elec plan to do, but for himself.

I think Frieza is being saved possibly for the next film and in that film I expect Vegeta to possibly Hakai Frieza and put a end to him.
I also think Granolah has UI and Hakai due to the wish.

If you guys are interested, I did two videos going into my theory of WHY Granolah likely has UI and Hakai.

Theory :
https://youtu.be/-gkVxwyThw8

Chapter 72 review:

https://youtu.be/u3g6RXdQRns

I'll bet Money Granolah has UI and Hakai. To me it's so obvious. The speed at which he blitzed Goku and Vegeta while it may seem like just superfast speed. It's surprised Goku, who was using UI!

Then when ssj Goku thought he found Granolah, he fired a blast and the panels of the blast about to hit Granolah it zoomed on his face who had a blank expression. Then he "teleports" behind Goku/Vegeta....just like Merus, Whis, and even UI Goku vs Jiren.

The speed and sound effects of the panel match UI and not IT.

I also did two videos on it, looking at the evidence and the past arcs of Toyataro foreshadowing

The Dragon made him the Strongest in terms of techniques. That is, to be the greatest warrior the Dragon had to know who the Strongest warrior was.

Which is Goku. Why is Goku Strong? Because of Techniques like UI and Hakai (he has knowledge of it)

So the Dragon required a sacrifice to give him those moves, which shouldn't be surprising since he learned Bukujutsu and ki sensing.

Watch my videos I carefully go over the past history of Toyotaro foreshadowing with the Zeno button and Moro/ Merus hand theory

Remember you can have UI and Hakai and still be weaker than the gods. Case in point Goku lol

The teleportation Granolah did was faster than the technique of IT. Implying something else. We know UI movements are faster(Whis)
The sound effect bubbles in the manga for UI are generally "FWP" and "FSH"

While IT can sometimes have FSH. However, because Goku notes that it is faster than IT, the only technique we know that is faster is Kai Kai, which is exclusive to Kaioshin.
So the only thing faster is UI
Now as for the likely counterarguments being of the following:
"JD there are characters who are faster than UI". No,There are characters faster than the "body" of UI users.
Jiren is a example. However the teleportation Granolah did was a technique, not just speed. Leaving only UI
Finally the other counter argument.
JD the Dragon couldnt give Granolah UI and Hakai because he omitted the power of the other gods.
While that's true, Goku and Vegeta have those God techniques AND are still WEAKER than the gods of Universe 7.
Goku is likely the strongest mortal

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:14 pm

It'd be kinda messed up if Granolah was the one to take out Freeza instead of Vegeta. There's no sign of this happening, but I'm just throwing that out there.

But other than that, I don't know. This arc is off to a strange start so far. If Freeza isn't involved it'll feel kind of empty to me. But it almost seems like Gas or Elec will end up as the primary antagonists.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:43 am

I personally don’t think anyone is taking out Freeza. If they wanted it to be Vegeta they had their chance in ROF and I think Granolah may come to realize revenge is not the answer. We may never even meet Freeza this arc

The thing is the story brought Freeza back twice and this second time Whis brought him back because he helped in the tournament. And while I personally don’t like that development. It would feel weird to me if they brought him back in that way just to kill him off.

I think Freeza is here to stay for better or worse.