Will The Second Zeno Permanently Remain In The Main Timeline?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Will The Second Zeno Permanently Remain In The Main Timeline?

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:52 pm

It probably can't be a good thing to have two, almighty beings residing in one plane of existence at the same time so...will the other little guy go at some point? Perhaps they could use the Super DBs to revive Trunks' original timeline and undo all the damage that Zamasu did? Maybe they can find or even create another timeline in which the position for a Omni-King is currently available? How about attempting to contact Toribot so that the second Zeno can have a new function or identity?
What could happen?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: Will The Second Zeno Permanently Remain In The Main Timeline?

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:46 pm

I mean, he was specifically brought into the main timeline as a companion for our Zeno that Goku promised. The issue wasn't that future Zeno had nowhere else to go. And the Grand Priest seemed to like the arrangement, which is admittedly bizarre.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:40 pm

I would just like something substantial and interesting to come of this development rather than what we got on the surface. The idea of two precocious deities ruling over the entire multiversal cosmos is pretty terrifying.

I also want Zamasu to have infected the one from Trunks' timeline. That would at least make his inclusion more interesting. Kudos to whoever first came up with that idea. It's fantastic.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:59 pm

I like the idea of tricking them into erasing each other.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:05 pm

BWri wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:40 pm I would just like something substantial and interesting to come of this development rather than what we got on the surface. The idea of two precocious deities ruling over the entire multiversal cosmos is pretty terrifying.

I also want Zamasu to have infected the one from Trunks' timeline. That would at least make his inclusion more interesting. Kudos to whoever first came up with that idea. It's fantastic.
The infamous "Future Zeno is Zamasu" theory, this was one of the most popular theories when the ToP arc was airing a few years ago. Unfortunately the theory is dead since, well, if Future Zeno were truly possessed by Zamasu's spirit, then he would have already erased everyone at the end of the ToP.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:53 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:05 pm The infamous "Future Zeno is Zamasu" theory, this was one of the most popular theories when the ToP arc was airing a few years ago. Unfortunately the theory is dead since, well, if Future Zeno were truly possessed by Zamasu's spirit, then he would have already erased everyone at the end of the ToP.
It's a great theory. It admittedly works better in the anime-verse than the manga-verse but either way it would have made the ToP or post-ToP much more interesting.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:59 pm I like the idea of tricking them into erasing each other.
If only!!! I'd laugh so hard if this was the outcome.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:35 am

I would have liked the second Zeno to go back and restore the Future Trunks timeline just for the sake of Future Trunks and company not being completely screwed over.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:51 am

Zeno doesn't have a universe to go back to. He erased everything except himself.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:43 am

I don't see why he wouldn't?

It definitely wasn't meant to be some kind of Chekov's gun. It's a goofy, weird little plot resolution point in the Future Trunks arc, and helps kick off the Tournament of Power. He's there to stay.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:47 pm

BWri wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:53 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:05 pm The infamous "Future Zeno is Zamasu" theory, this was one of the most popular theories when the ToP arc was airing a few years ago. Unfortunately the theory is dead since, well, if Future Zeno were truly possessed by Zamasu's spirit, then he would have already erased everyone at the end of the ToP.
It's a great theory. It admittedly works better in the anime-verse than the manga-verse but either way it would have made the ToP or post-ToP much more interesting.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:59 pm I like the idea of tricking them into erasing each other.
If only!!! I'd laugh so hard if this was the outcome.
Indeed, but I'm happy regardless, because Zamasu's ending was perfect. He was "defeated" in the sense that he was erased from existence, but he still managed to complete Project Zero Mortals.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:31 pm

I would enjoy seeing some type of developmental plot thread get woven from this "double trouble" authority of the Zenos. When you think about it having two Omni-Kings with the ability to annihilate all exist on a whim administrate the universes cannot be a good thing. It was already dangerous to introduce an equally dangerous figure into the present timeline.

Somehow I would like to see this carry with it consequences leading into an arc for Super. Imagine a conflict between the two Zenos that lead to factionalism amongst the Hakaishin, Kaioshin, and angels in who they align themselves with. Alternatively, you could do something with the MAD concept with both Zenos erasing each other and the reaction to the power vacuum left behind by their absence.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:49 am

Did he erased just the future universe 7 or the future multiverse? if the other universes are intact there is still a place to return.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:05 am

GatoF wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:49 am Did he erased just the future universe 7 or the future multiverse? if the other universes are intact there is still a place to return.
The entire timeline was erased as he explicitly said "All of existence, go away!", moments later it is even shown that the Time Ring associated with that timeline exploded.

So in other words there is nothing physical left of the Future timeline. Even those places outside the universes, like Zeno's Palace or the Otherworld, are gone.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:19 pm

I enjoy what they do with the zenos but I wouldn't mind them turning against each other or double erasing each other as there is story potential there too at least as a what if.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.