What is the General Consensus on the Moro Arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: What is the General Consensus on the Moro Arc?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:27 pm

It's not the best, but I enjoy it. Moro was a very cool villain in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BootyCheeksJohnson
Beyond Newbie

Post by BootyCheeksJohnson » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:08 pm

The Golden God wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:23 am
BootyCheeksJohnson wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:39 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:25 am Terrible, terrible, generic, bland villain. You'd think Toriyama had learned how to make good, morally grey villains after Zamasu, turns out he hasn't. He couldn't even be bothered to explain Moro's origins, is there a more lazy and forgettable villain? Nope.
Was Zamasu a good morally grey villain? Because more often than not he comes across as a whiny teenager upset that the older Kai's: "Just don't get me, man. I'll show them. Someday I'll make a better Kai sanctuary, with a second me."
A murderous teenage psychopath with a messiah complex is still more interesting than overconfident space pirate warlord no.872
I guess you have a point. To be honest I haven't kept up with Super since Broly left theaters. The manga just hasn't interested me enough to get me to bother reading it. It all seems kind of "same old same old", but without any of the Toriyama weirdness to add life to it.
We need a Steve Simmons retranslation of the manga.

The Golden God

Post by The Golden God » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:37 pm

The monthly release schedule doesn’t suit Dragon Ball imo. Dragon Ball is like the perfect ADHD show and yet it takes a whole year to get through 2 battles at this pace, with no time for nuance or tension building.