Do you want to see Super tackle post Uub?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jamtia

Do you want to see Super tackle post Uub?

Post by Jamtia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:19 am

I'm talking about the final episode of DBZ which would meaning diving into GT era territory? And that doesn't mean Super tackling GT's story or characters but rather telling stories post Uub.

For me it doesn't have to necessarily be after Uub. It could still be before Uub, but I would like too see a time jump, with Goten and Trunks becoming somewhat older. The problem with Super, that GT had (for me anyways), was that there was really no time jump. Sure you see somethings happen that shows the passage of time such as Pan and Bulla being born, but I feel like Super is starting to become like Pokemon where characters don't grow.

Though with the whole Gods situation and these new SSG power ups, idk if it really matters anymore if there's a time jump to help the story.

Back in the day, in DB we saw Goku's progression from a child to a martial artist. In Z we saw Goku go through training to be a SS and saw Gohan grow up to be a child to be a fighter like his father. We also saw other characters progress/regress. With these God powers and Angels, a time jump doesn't matter because even if it's after Uub, it's like who cares what Uub becomes because Goku is a God. It can be 50 years down the road and it will just be God like creatures and Angels from here on out.

I think Super should just focus on the God/Angels stuff before Uub and leave it at that. If Toriyama and Toei want to do their own spin on the GT era, I would make it less about the Gods and more about the next generation of fighters/saiyans on earth with new characters.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Do you want to see Super tackle post Uub?

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:12 am

💜Cell becomes Pan's Piccolo.
💜Freeza becomes Bra's Piccolo.
💜Pan and Bra bein' sapphic for each other.
💜A tournament with the other four universes.
💜Gokuu having cool team up battles with Chi-Chi.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:29 am

Yeah. I'm tired of Goku & Vegeta show with Gods and Angels around. What you said is basically what almost everyone wants.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:52 am

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:12 am 💜Cell becomes Pan's Piccolo.
💜Freeza becomes Bra's Piccolo.
💜Pan and Bra bein' sapphic for each other.
💜A tournament with the other four universes.
💜Gokuu having cool team up battles with Chi-Chi.

Cell and Freeza being mentor's to the Goku and Vegeta family tree? That's bat s*** crazy, yet I like it! Imagine if that unexpected character that came back in the next DBS movie was Cell. But I don't see it happening and I don't think I want it to. I can totally see Goku letting Freeza train Pan though. Just because it's Goku.

I feel like they dropped the ball with Chi-Chi. I thought at the end of DB she would become part of the Z fighters. But things changed and they had Gohan and she adapted that stay at home mom style and went against martial arts, even though she and her family were all about it in DB. I think they should do the same with Videl and Gohan. They had gold doing the Saiyaman team.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:55 am

I'd like to see Goku take Oob on a journey through his own life and see how Oob would react to each challenge that Goku ever went up against, Goku also examining what else he could've done differently to further teach Oob as well as himself. Another interesting idea would be for Vegeta to recruit Cabba and compete against Goku in the role of a mentor
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:08 pm

Yes, but I have a feeling if they do it there will be retcons, the cast will look different and the story will unfold differently, and I'd prefer that. I don't want GT 2.0

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:32 pm

Yes, but I am not in such a hurry.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:29 pm

If I'm honest, I don't really even know. I lower my standards drastically to enjoy Super at face value. I really don't know what I want from the series at this point.

I don't think I want to see this cast anymore unless there's a big shakeup, changing of motivations, and a deep dive into character motivations. It often just feels like we're treading the same ground and so the series has this vague feeling of being on life support.

So, I guess I don't want to see an Uub era. I want to move far past this, to the far future of something like DBO with a fresh take on the series.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:58 pm

Dragon Ball Super needs to get out of this current timeframe, as being stuck between Buu and EoZ forever is going to start to hurt the story more and more as it continues. It can end once it goes to EoZ, that would be fine by me... because at this point I'm kinda worried about what would happen if the story was allowed to go beyond it. They'd have every opportunity in the world to mess everything up and create a proverbial GT 2, or maybe even something that's even less well-received, and at the moment I'm not all that confident that they won't do just that. There are still too many oddities and trip-ups and mess-ups, most of them minor but some of them more significant (the anime in particular has a bunch of weird unnecessary inconsistencies, but the manga isn't exactly perfect either).

So at the moment, what I want is for Super to reach EoZ and end, then for a break to take place while the writers (mainly Toyotaro at that point I think) really think about all the arcs they want to write and plan things out, and then for post-EoZ content to be produced as a new series.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:10 pm

It'd be cool to see Z, Onio, and Kuriza, yeah. Vegeta with mustache and flat top hair would be welcome, as well.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:17 pm

I do hope Granolah ends with EoZ. Move past it already.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:29 am

After seeing Uubs Insane Potential In the Climax of the Moro Arc, Yes very much so yes.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:29 am

I'd like to see Goku have a crack at forming his own martial arts school, not necessarily a "New Turtle School" (as I understand it, Kuririn already has the future patent on that as per Dragon Ball Online's lore), with more students than just Uub. Gosenryu, the School of Enlightenment. Though if we do get more Uub, I would of course like to see him get the most focus and development. Other students could include: Goten, Trunks, Pan, Neko Majin Z (if you're so inclined to accept him), maybe even Caulifla or some other post-revival characters. Get more of a group dynamic going, with Goku at the helm.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:28 pm

If Toriyama ever changes his mind about going past EoZ, I'm curious how he would handle Uub. I'm worried his potential it would be somewhat of a gag and subversion of expectations. In GT, fanwork, and I guess most next generation stories, the newer generation has to work their way up slowly to reach the power of their predecessors. In DBS, Feeza was an alien prodigy surpassing SSJB in four months and Broly was a Saiyan prodigy surpassing it in about an hour, and Gohan was half-Saiyan prodigy who trained for a day of two with Piccolo to reach Blue tier. Uub is a reincarnation of one of the most powerful monsters in history and he inherited the Grand Kaioshin's God ki so he might be the biggest prodigy among prodigies. Toriyama might subvert expectations of what most people assume happens in a next gen story by having Uub reaching his potential shortly after starting his training and surpass UI Goku before the age of 11.
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:29 am I'd like to see Goku have a crack at forming his own martial arts school, not necessarily a "New Turtle School" (as I understand it, Kuririn already has the future patent on that as per Dragon Ball Online's lore)
I really liked DBO's timeline. It was nice seeing what the cast was doing after EoZ and that they were able to live out the rest of their lives in peace. Well relative peace since what's left of Freeza's army attacked at some point but they would only be a threat to the average inhabitant of Earth. My only complaint was that there was no mention of Uub! Did he just train with Goku and return to his village?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:39 pm

Dragon Ball Online doesn't mention Uub or Bra, unfortunately. I think we would know what happened to them at a later point, though.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Skar wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:28 pm If Toriyama ever changes his mind about going past EoZ, I'm curious how he would handle Uub. I'm worried his potential it would be somewhat of a gag and subversion of expectations. In GT, fanwork, and I guess most next generation stories, the newer generation has to work their way up slowly to reach the power of their predecessors. In DBS, Feeza was an alien prodigy surpassing SSJB in four months and Broly was a Saiyan prodigy surpassing it in about an hour, and Gohan was half-Saiyan prodigy who trained for a day of two with Piccolo to reach Blue tier. Uub is a reincarnation of one of the most powerful monsters in history and he inherited the Grand Kaioshin's God ki so he might be the biggest prodigy among prodigies. Toriyama might subvert expectations of what most people assume happens in a next gen story by having Uub reaching his potential shortly after starting his training and surpass UI Goku before the age of 11.
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:29 am I'd like to see Goku have a crack at forming his own martial arts school, not necessarily a "New Turtle School" (as I understand it, Kuririn already has the future patent on that as per Dragon Ball Online's lore)
I really liked DBO's timeline. It was nice seeing what the cast was doing after EoZ and that they were able to live out the rest of their lives in peace. Well relative peace since what's left of Freeza's army attacked at some point but they would only be a threat to the average inhabitant of Earth. My only complaint was that there was no mention of Uub! Did he just train with Goku and return to his village?
Yeah, Uub was a conspicuous absence from the backstory. I'd imagine that at the time, Toriyama wanted to keep everything that happened with him intentionally vague so we could fill in the blanks ourselves. I guess it is entirely possible that he did just eventually return to his village, though that would be anticlimactic as hell, lol.

Uub's potential is getting increasingly extraordinary. Even Dragon Ball Multiverse is covering it. First, he could spar with base Goku, which is already extremely impressive, but now all the added context from Super has built up and Uub is making Gohan's "unlimited potential" look like omnipotence in the Suggsverse (i.e. not as impressive). I believe Goku would definitely stay ahead, but the gap between them would shrink quickly.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:55 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:28 pmUub's potential is getting increasingly extraordinary. Even Dragon Ball Multiverse is covering it. First, he could spar with base Goku, which is already extremely impressive, but now all the added context from Super has built up and Uub is making Gohan's "unlimited potential" look like omnipotence in the Suggsverse (i.e. not as impressive). I believe Goku would definitely stay ahead, but the gap between them would shrink quickly.
How DBM handled Uub is similar to other fan comics I've seen and he's an enthusiastic young kid who's still learning the ropes at the start of those stories. It depends if it's a sequel to DBZ or GT but his power is usually below Goku's after their training is over and grows as he gets to face new threats.

That's why I'm thinking Toriyama might want to subvert expectations and handle Uub differently since most people expect the kind of next generation story they've used to. I don't mind if the series never goes past EoZ but it would be interesting to see how Toriyama envisions the character since I think the only time we saw Toriyama's Uub post-EoZ was one scene in Neko Majin.

Although it's anticlimactic, I guess what happened to Uub in DBO could be considered a subversion since many people assumed he would become Goku's successor and protect the Earth but it turns out that he probably just finished his training and lived out the rest of his life in peace.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Yes, definitely.
I understand why they went the route they did with Super, having events happen in between Boo and EoZ is a fine way to keep the story in check, but we've tread this path for a while now. I'm itchin' to see something new. Now that it's been confirmed that Oob has incredible ki, there are so many possibilities they could do with him. I would love to see an arc where Goku trains Oob and helps him master his powers.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:28 pm

I want fans to stop obsessing over Z’s ending

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:34 pm

I would like for Uub, Goten and Trunks to be rivals and become the main characters along with Pan and Bra. It would be good to see the Cell Jrs involved in the story. As for romance just because they are the main group, it doesn't mean unexpected things can't happen, an example is Digimon 02 the pairing was surprising.

It would be good to use some elements from DBO.