Hit's Plot Hole in the Manga

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Hit's Plot Hole in the Manga

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:03 am

We never found out what Hit's killing techniques were in the manga. He never used them.

It seems that Toyotaro forgot about this since the technique that he used against Jiren was new but without mentioning the "others"

Do you think this was reserved for another time or is it something that was forgotten?

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Hit's Plot Hole in the Manga

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:51 am

Well, the ToP has a rule of "no killing" so he probably couldn't use them there. Not sure if they'll be forgotten if they decide to bring Hit back, but for now, it seems like they're saved for another time.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Sikat
Temporarily Banned

Post by Sikat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:19 am

You aren’t allowed to kill people in the ToP..

Universe 7 as a whole nearly got eliminated because #17 blew himself up.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:31 am

How is this is any way a plot hole. Hit didn't use his killing techniques in another no killing allowed torunament.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:38 am

Quick question, out of curiosity: Cell said he can use Genki-Dama but was never seen using it. Is that a "plot hole" too?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:38 am Quick question, out of curiosity: Cell said he can use Genki-Dama but was never seen using it. Is that a "plot hole" too?
Cell pointed out a possibility but even he does not know all his abilities ... he did not know that Piccolo could regenerate his arm
Jack Bz wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:31 am How is this is any way a plot hole. Hit didn't use his killing techniques in another no killing allowed torunament.
Taking into account that his own existence was at stake ... and jiren surpassed his power by far ... for the moment yes qualifies ...
because there were times when the characters did not contain themselves especially against jiren
unless hit > jiren but that is never mentioned

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:01 am

Well, in his fight against Jiren, he probably thought that his Time Lag, while not fully effective, would be enough to knock him out. Jiren... Essentially fooled Hit and disposed of him quickly.

Hit deemed it not necessary, perhaps, and didn't want to risk it.

Maybe if he knew about Jiren's true power he would have gone for one when the time was right (at that time, it wouldn't have made that much sense to get disqualified by killing Jiren, as U11 had the overall numerical advantage, having all of its members on the ring. Plus, the extent of most Pride Troopers' potential wasn't really known). Who knows, with Jiren's power a lethal technique wouldn't have really been lethal, but could have had some favorable side effect such as full paralysis?
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:25 am

If Hit planned on killing Jiren, he would've gotten disqualified, and with him gone, no U6 member would've been enough to deal with Goku. His best shot was to team up with Goku, or win using the Time Lag.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:10 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:25 am If Hit planned on killing Jiren, he would've gotten disqualified, and with him gone, no U6 member would've been enough to deal with Goku. His best shot was to team up with Goku, or win using the Time Lag.
For this to be possible, Hit would have to be stronger than Jiren ... but Hit was much weaker than him ... it didn't make much sense to hold back ...
Kale did not hold back and was not disqualified
or Android 17's Bomb