Why don’t we have a full colored version of Vegeta’s new form yet???!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Why don’t we have a full colored version of Vegeta’s new form yet???!

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:10 am

It makes no sense..

In any normal scenario they would have long released it already by now..

The fans are dying to see what colors the new GoD form of Vegeta has..

Is it Purple? Brown? Black???

No answer yet..

I’m assuming the hair color is dark Purple and the aura and eyes are both light purple (pink)…

But unfortunately that is just speculation for now..

They should really release this full colored design already..

What is taking them so long?

What do you guys think???

I would have thought the hype and news by Toei would be ALL OVER THE PLACE now that Vegeta has a new GoD form..….

But No…

Crickets instead!

Very surprising!

What gives?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Why don’t we have a full colored version of Vegeta’s new form yet???!

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:15 am

It is kinda dumb, that panel could've been slightly coloured so we could have a general idea of the hair, aura and eyes. If that's too expensive, then release just that one panel in colour online.

We get the useless drafts, we can get a coloured drawing aswell, I think.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:29 am

Vegeta new form will most likely be on the next cover so we should get it by then at the latest. They may also do some ad highlighting the new form for the next chapter.

But it just came out I don’t think they are usually that fast with revealing colors. I don’t remember them revealing the color scheme of Granolah immediately either.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:19 pm

Kinokima wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:29 am Vegeta new form will most likely be on the next cover so we should get it by then at the latest. They may also do some ad highlighting the new form for the next chapter.

But it just came out I don’t think they are usually that fast with revealing colors. I don’t remember them revealing the color scheme of Granolah immediately either.
When is the next cover???

Sikat
Temporarily Banned

Post by Sikat » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:38 pm

The manga always specifies whenever there’s a color change for somebody’s hair, even when it doesn’t have to. So if Vegeta’s hair is a different color Granolah, or somebody else, will state so next chapter (Aug. 18). If not then it’s to be assumed it’s just black, which seems very likely.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:39 pm

Hopefully in the following days they will release a colored drawing.

It would be cool if they kept the color secret to reveal it in two days in animated form alongside the movie.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:20 pm

Sikat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:38 pm The manga always specifies whenever there’s a color change for somebody’s hair, even when it doesn’t have to. So if Vegeta’s hair is a different color Granolah, or somebody else, will state so next chapter (Aug. 18). If not then it’s to be assumed it’s just black, which seems very likely.
Well, this. If I were to bet on a different take, perhaps purple, to resemble Beerus’ colors.

Sikat
Temporarily Banned

Post by Sikat » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:22 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:20 pm
Sikat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:38 pm The manga always specifies whenever there’s a color change for somebody’s hair, even when it doesn’t have to. So if Vegeta’s hair is a different color Granolah, or somebody else, will state so next chapter (Aug. 18). If not then it’s to be assumed it’s just black, which seems very likely.
Well, this. If I were to bet on a different take, perhaps purple, to resemble Beerus’ colors.
That’s silly, since Beerus isn’t the only GoD who uses Destruction. I think the whole purple headcanon spawns from the anime, with Toppo’s Toei exclusive transformation.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:16 pm

Sikat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:22 pm That’s silly, since Beerus isn’t the only GoD who uses Destruction. I think the whole purple headcanon spawns from the anime, with Toppo’s Toei exclusive transformation.
His hair color may not be purple, but it's possible that his aura is. Even if you disregard Toppo's form, the movies still portray Beerus' aura as purple and Vegeta learned from him.

Black hair + purple aura or dark purple + purple aura are possibilities

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:04 pm

I've seen a few different coloring attempts of the transformation now and I like all of them. Maybe we will see this thing on a volume cover at some point to give us a definitive answer.

Sikat
Temporarily Banned

Post by Sikat » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:59 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:16 pm
Sikat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:22 pm That’s silly, since Beerus isn’t the only GoD who uses Destruction. I think the whole purple headcanon spawns from the anime, with Toppo’s Toei exclusive transformation.
His hair color may not be purple, but it's possible that his aura is. Even if you disregard Toppo's form, the movies still portray Beerus' aura as purple and Vegeta learned from him.

I can see the aura being purple for the reasons you’ve described, but his hair being purple is silly since the only characters who physically have anything purple are Champa and Beerus, 2 GoDs out of 12.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:50 am

Sikat wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:59 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:16 pm

I can see the aura being purple for the reasons you’ve described, but his hair being purple is silly since the only characters who physically have anything purple are Champa and Beerus, 2 GoDs out of 12.
If the hair is purple, and it is a big if, it would be to match the aura (like yellow hair and yellow aura of super saiyan, blue aura and blue hair with ssgss, and so on).

But as you said, we'll know next chapter.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am

My bet is on purple aura, purple eyes and black hair with purple highlights. With there possibly being an upgraded form with full purple hair, making this form similar to Omen.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am

This happens all the time in black and white manga, that's why Vegetas original anime colors were weird, the animators had to make something up. I'm hoping we'll see a color promo picture for the next chapter, but it might be awhile until we find out lol. Maybe Toyo will reveal the color on his Twitter

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:10 am

Maybe they haven't decided on a color just yet?

I think the hair will remain black but with purple-ish highlights due to the purple aura. I'd like the yellow, saiyan, eyes, but I think there's a chance we get some grey eyes like with UI. It could be green eyes like for SS3 also. I really, reeaaally don't want purple eyes for SS ElizaVegetaylor.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:34 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:10 am Maybe they haven't decided on a color just yet?

I think the hair will remain black but with purple-ish highlights due to the purple aura. I'd like the yellow, saiyan, eyes, but I think there's a chance we get some grey eyes like with UI. It could be green eyes like for SS3 also. I really, reeaaally don't want purple eyes for SS ElizaVegetaylor.
I seriously hope the eyes aren't green, because that would just make this Super Saiyan Joker. I know you don't mean that kind of green, SS eye colour pretty much always has at least some amount of blue in it, but still, you've given me the mental image of Vegeta with "Damaged" written on his forehead (guess who else also has no eyebrows) and I don't like it.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:02 pm

A lot of fan coloring has made the form look better to me so colors could definitely make or break this form.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:09 pm

I think it's a dark purple. People compare it to Sign because it's black and white but the lighter parts of his hair look shaded darker than Goku's.