Destroyer or UI path for other characters.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Destroyer or UI path for other characters.

Post by TobyS » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:46 pm

Excusing the fact they can-t transform which form or path would suit the rest of the dragon team?

I think Piccolo, Ten Kuririn, Yamcha and Chaozu would all be UI users, maybe Ten with his penchant to destructive techniques could go GoD path.

Gohan UI. But I could see Gotenks going destroyer.

Buu probably wouldn-t do either but I guess he would be more destroyer pathed.

Hit and Cauli would be destroyer...

What do you think?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Destroyer or UI path for other characters.

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Neither suit them.

The humans should get Kaio-Ken and Piccolo should get the red-eyed transformation instead.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:26 pm

The Kame school has a teacher who digs UI, and its namba 1 student excels at UI, so Krilin and Yamcha could try that route. I think Piccolo could be on that roster as well, he meditates a lot and used to be a god, if he can clear his mind as one might think he would considering that, I can see him eventually dropping the need to yell DODGE.

Tenshinhan had a more destructive nature, so maybe he'd have a better shot at hakai.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:29 pm

The turtle school should all be UI. Roshi showed that off pretty well in the manga.

Gohan, honestly I'd say destruction. His ace in the hole for most of his life was filling his mind completely with rage. That's more analogous to thinking of only destruction.

Piccolo I'm not so sure about, but he is part Kami whose teachings seemed somewhat similar to UI. I'd probably say UI.

Boo is destruction for sure. He practically did Beerus' job for him.

Nistarkail
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nistarkail » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:37 am

Well, I'm on the idea that only Gohan and Piccolo can endure this training. Why this? Because guys like Yamcha, Tien and Crilin simply avoided some heavy training like RoSaT and Gravity Room for some dumb plot reasons, stopping their improvements.

It's true that in DBS Earthlings could resist against Zauyogi, Bikurra Quoitur and Yunba who were doped so much to be really powerful (at least between C-19 and C-16). But we know also that none of them can even match SSJ Goten or Trunks (whose raw power was near to keep up against Cell Jrs.).

So I don't think they can resist from an intensive training provided by Beerus or Whis and learn their styles, but Gohan and Piccolo (whose improvements were recognized by the same Goku) can get respectively UI and Hakaishin powers with some efforts.

A good point for the Earthlings is that all of them were superior and original in terms of techniques and creativity, so they could use techniques like Muten Roshi's fake UI, or destroy things like Granolah. Knowing their previous battles, I'm sure that they could use both styles in their own way.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:20 pm Neither suit them.

The humans should get Kaio-Ken and Piccolo should get the red-eyed transformation instead.
Agreed. I wouldn't want the others to have other form. Then Gohan could have some other form, I don't know what.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:27 pm

Mac wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:59 pm
Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:20 pm Neither suit them.

Agreed. I wouldn't want the others to have other form. Then Gohan could have some other form, I don't know what.
I like the path Gohan and Piccolo are treading now. They're both getting really strong without flashy transformations and that's awesome. I like new combat techniques and philosophies from them next.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:35 pm

Mac wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:59 pmAgreed. I wouldn't want the others to have other form. Then Gohan could have some other form, I don't know what.
It doesn't even make sense to come up with random and out-of-one's-ass forms to humans. I can only think of Kaio-Ken for them, and honestly, that's all they should get anyway. Kaio-Ken can be multiplied, so it could make even the likes of Yamcha being useful in battle.

The red-eyed form wasn't properly established, so it could serve as a god transformation for Piccolo. Thus putting him somewhere near Goku and Vegeta.

I really don't know what more that can be done with Gohan. They probably should write him off at this point. If people want a son of Goku to be active in battles, rewrite Goten as such.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:36 pm

An interesting idea. I could see the Kame students with some degree of Ultra Instinct mastery. By standard Krillin might have an UI variant closer to Goku's whereas Yamcha's would be a bit further back in terms of efficiency.

I'm not sure about Tenshinhan and Chaozu. They're not strictly members of the Kame style nor have they been on the path that would inherently gravitate to destruction. If they seek it out for the technical benefits then maybe they could learn Hakai.

I like the detailed elaboration put forth in another topic about a third path involving Kaioshin and the creation domain they're in charge of. Piccolo has a close relationship with deities overseeing the maintenance and preservation of Earth. His magical abilities even include the materialisation of matter from nothing. I could see him adopting this third avenue. Not sure about Gohan. Maybe he could hybridise his style by meshing Ultra Instinct and creation together?